blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:12:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Laxie through the Looking Glass
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 ... 127 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie through the Looking Glass  (Read 177575 times)
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1155 on: February 10, 2011, 11:22:55 AM »

Like Rodders McHunhun said, just apologise for not speaking French (using the line he used) and then speak English. You'll be grand, most people there speak English.

RoddieroddieRodrod, you coming to Killarney mate?

Get a room FFS!    

Would be great to see you though Rod.  Been AGES!  Just stay out of Bolide's room.  Mrs. Boldie might have issues..maybe.

Nah, Rodders and MrsB get on like a house on fire..even though he's a smellybellytimtim.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: February 10, 2011, 11:38:09 AM »

I've always found that if you try to speak even a bit of french, the French (who to my experience all have a fair bit of english) will help you out, but only if you are polite enough to at least start with bonjour, use s'il vous plait & merci etc. A "Je suis desolee mais je ne parle pas bien le francais" early doors is helpful as well (I'm sorry but I don't speak french well).

Must admit I've loved going to France the times I've been, always found the French really friendly too, never been to Paris though.

had to lol. read the first paragraph thinking to myself 'wtf is he on about, she's going to paris. he can't have been', then got to the last line to see you've not been to paris

french people are generally very nice, parisians however are the rudest people on earth

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: February 10, 2011, 11:42:55 AM »

Like Rodders McHunhun said, just apologise for not speaking French (using the line he used) and then speak English. You'll be grand, most people there speak English.

Get a room FFS!    

Would be great to see you though Rod.  Been AGES!  Just stay out of Bolide's room.  Mrs. Boldie might have issues..maybe.

Thinking of it, but on the wagon at the moment - had a wee spell in hospital so giving the system a break.

Would be a last minute thing if I was to head to Killarney - years since I was there as well.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: February 10, 2011, 11:43:45 AM »

Ugh.  There's been an air plane crash at Cork airport this morning.  10 passengers and 2 crew on board.  Latest report is 6 are confirmed dead and 6 are injured.  Promise I'll never again complain about airport security stopping me...as long as the plane lands in one piece.

RIP to the six and I hope everyone else makes it.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1159 on: February 10, 2011, 11:46:53 AM »

Get a room FFS!    

Thinking of it, but on the wagon at the moment - had a wee spell in hospital so giving the system a break.

Would be a last minute thing if I was to head to Killarney - years since I was there as well.

Let me know if you're wanting to go mate. Obv can travel down to Manch Airport back with us..maybe even back up to Glasgow.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: February 10, 2011, 11:50:25 AM »

I really do have a brain like a sieve.  Knew you'd been to hossy and all.  How you feeling these days?  Promise we'll be gentle with ya if you manage to get here, but either way I hope you're on the mend and feeling better quick.  xx

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: February 10, 2011, 11:51:52 AM »

I've always found that if you try to speak even a bit of french, the French (who to my experience all have a fair bit of english) will help you out, but only if you are polite enough to at least start with bonjour, use s'il vous plait & merci etc. A "Je suis desolee mais je ne parle pas bien le francais" early doors is helpful as well (I'm sorry but I don't speak french well).

Must admit I've loved going to France the times I've been, always found the French really friendly too, never been to Paris though.

had to lol. read the first paragraph thinking to myself 'wtf is he on about, she's going to paris. he can't have been', then got to the last line to see you've not been to paris

french people are generally very nice, parisians however are the rudest people on earth

Marv.  I'll make sure Sinéad teaches me a few 'choice' phrases too while she's at it.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1162 on: February 10, 2011, 12:09:35 PM »

Marv.  I'll make sure Sinéad teaches me a few 'choice' phrases too while she's at it.

Parisians are wonderful people...they are ridic rude but in a way that's just very funny.

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: February 10, 2011, 02:14:50 PM »

I really do have a brain like a sieve.  Knew you'd been to hossy and all.  How you feeling these days?  Promise we'll be gentle with ya if you manage to get here, but either way I hope you're on the mend and feeling better quick.  xx

I'm fine now- just need to give the system a break - no bevvy for 3 months or so, then taking it easier after that.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: February 10, 2011, 10:51:56 PM »

Lily is tidy again and I have new jeans.  Sinéad's brutal when it comes to shop assistance.  I thought I treated it like a military operation, but I've nothing on her.  At least now she doesn't doubt me when I say dresses just don't fit me usually.  The one I'm taking on the trip was a fluke. 

And she's got a special way of knowing what fits me when I'm not even near her.  She calls it the fist test.

Said (at volume) from across one shop, "Hey Mom!  Found a good one here and it passed the fist test with flying colours."

So as I'm wandering in her direction with a puzzled look on me face I mumble to her, "What are you on about with fist test?"

She replied with a rogue smile "Well...if the top can't handle my fist, there's no way it's gonna handle them babies."

Marv.  My kid's a smart arse.  But she was right about the top.  It did fit.  We just didn't like the sleeves once it was on.  Hence the sum total of one pair of jeans.  Ah well.  We gave it an ol' go.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: February 11, 2011, 08:30:43 AM »

Today's going to be busy.  One last run around the house this morning and I'm officially off-duty as housekeeper until next Thursday.  I do enjoy the breaks, but man oh man can they make a mess while I'm away.  They're getting better to be fair...but still a long way to go in their training.

Must give a run into Killarney as well.  I've had a bit of paper on the kitchen counter for all the week.  It's 'the list'.  Everyone adds to it as and when they think of something they need sorted or picked up from the shops before I head off.  Brian even sends a text from uni with his requests if he thinks of it.  I've been ticking things off all week.  And they've been adding more to it just as fast.  They're already out the door this morning so you'd think I'm safe.  But official cut off time for additions is when I leave Killarney... so I expect a text or two.

Also need to ring Mike the vet.  Well, leave a voice mail because he never answers the first call.  Especially not on a Friday.  Have to time it just right.  Too early and he won't be up yet after last night's session.  Too late and you might interrupt his 'lunch'...in the pub.  But has to be done because Lily's lump has doubled in size and is very definitely beyond 'tablets' treatment.  I've said it before and I'll say it again...the grooming money is money well spent!  We're much better able to keep an eye on her and catch things before they've gone too far.  So I'll ring and leave a voice mail and send a text tomorrow morning from the airport if I haven't heard back from him.  Want to schedule it for next Thursday if possible.  That'll give him time to get his head 'round the idea...and finish his pint.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: February 11, 2011, 09:43:00 PM »

Good god I'm tired!  Ran around like a headless chicken all day and only just now sitting down.  Managed to swerve any further requests from the crew and sorted everything on the list too.  Girls are home every Friday early so Sinéad decided she was going to help me pack.  But she wanted me to try on every outfit first.  FFS!  We got there in the end, but it was no easy task.  

Mick phoned to make sure I wasn't nervous about flying from Cork.  "Not at all man.  I'll be going up...not trying to get down.  No worries."  He reminded me of his attempt to book me out of Dublin.  Not sure if that was his way of saying, "If ya do crash, it's not my fault!"  

He and Sarah have met before, but he's never met Sinéad.  Told him she'd sorted my outfits and he wasn't too impressed with a 15 year old being in charge.  

"You'll be all young looking so and you're going to make me look older than I already am!"    

"Well, you ARE playing the seniors event to be fair."

Love the banter between us and it's going to be a great trip... I just know it.

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: February 11, 2011, 09:58:31 PM »

i've only been to paris once but found the peeps fine tbh.  then again, my attempts at speaking french would probably make the most miserable person in the world twitch a tiny smile.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: February 12, 2011, 10:27:48 AM »

So far so good.  Made it to Cork airport.  There's no fog.  Flight's on time.  And I wasn't stopped by security! 

Once I get to Paris, must make my way to a different terminal in the airport (shuttle required) and wait 20 minutes for Mick to land.  Then we're off for what should be an interesting week-end. 

Hope all of you enjoy whatever yer at.  xx

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: February 12, 2011, 04:45:20 PM »

Landed safe and sound.  Had lots of giggles just getting here, but no time to post about them now.  Keeping notes and will do the lot when I get back.

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 ... 127 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: