blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:02:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Laxie through the Looking Glass
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 ... 127 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie through the Looking Glass  (Read 177841 times)
Paullie_D
APAT Travel Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1215 on: February 18, 2011, 05:23:54 PM »

[
Colour

Don't know why, but I had it in me head Paris was a dark place full of dark buildings.  I'd been once before and all I can remember was everything being dark.  Well it's not true.  They've so many bright beautiful buildings, it's unreal.  Every street is lined with them.  Some have gorgeous paintings on the face of them too.  All in bright pretty colours.  Said it to Mick as we were walking down the road.  Just couldn't understand how I'd messed that one up.  He made a good point without even realising...maybe I was in a dark time in my life back then.  He was right.  So it was a great relief, all things considered, to see so much brightness this trip.

You do know Paris is also known as the City of Light....oh, perhaps not!

Wait...What!?
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: February 18, 2011, 05:26:09 PM »

[
Colour

Don't know why, but I had it in me head Paris was a dark place full of dark buildings.  I'd been once before and all I can remember was everything being dark.  Well it's not true.  They've so many bright beautiful buildings, it's unreal.  Every street is lined with them.  Some have gorgeous paintings on the face of them too.  All in bright pretty colours.  Said it to Mick as we were walking down the road.  Just couldn't understand how I'd messed that one up.  He made a good point without even realising...maybe I was in a dark time in my life back then.  He was right.  So it was a great relief, all things considered, to see so much brightness this trip.

You do know Paris is also known as the City of Light....oh, perhaps not!

Nope.  I'll admit I had no idea.  Ya never would have convinced me of it prior to this trip though...no matter how many reference links you'd produce.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
bhoywonder

View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: February 18, 2011, 07:08:03 PM »

That's a load of stuff laxie...wow...

may your god go with you

Scottish Open Apat online gold medal winner 2008
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: February 19, 2011, 01:12:03 AM »

That's a load of stuff laxie...wow...

Aye.  Worked me arse off for lots of years since I was a kid.  The New York schedule was hard going on four hours sleep a night.  But I was younger then and didn't take much notice.  Plus I enjoyed the jobs I had.  Think that makes a world of difference.  Any thing's doable...especially if you enjoy doing it.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 10:22:42 AM by Laxie » Logged

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: February 19, 2011, 07:51:15 PM »

Turns out next week is mid-term break.  I was first informed yesterday when they landed home from school.  When it came time to figure out what we'd do with our time during the break, Sinéad had an idea.  She and I had casually discussed my need to tone up when we were shopping last week.  Sooooo... 

Starting Monday morning and carrying on every day next week, she's going with me to the gym down the road.  Well, it's not a proper 'gym' as such.  It's a room attached to their school with all the workout equipment in it and a telly.  There's nobody there to sort out an exercise plan for ya or to monitor your workout.  About the only thing they might do (if you can track someone down) is show ya how to turn on the machines.  She reckons once I get into the routine with her to help motivate me, it'll be a breeze to do on me own after that.  We've arranged someone to help get us going on the machines, so I just need to figure out what works best for me to accomplish my goal.

The goal?  To fit into a dress and actually feel comfortable wearing it in time for Celtic Chaos in May.

What needs to be done?  Oh man...there's a list and a half tbh.  But the main things I'd like to sort are these:  Tone arms, belly and rear end.  Bring the southern girls back up north so I won't need as much scaffolding to hold 'em in place.  Anything else is really a bonus and I reckon will happen without my realising it.

Ger has sorted a spread sheet to keep track of my progress.  He's got it set to track my food intake and calories each day as well as a daily weight chart.  It's being set up in google docs and once I've established a genuine routine/results I'll make it public.  For now - not happening.  Weighed meself the other day and it was OMG shocking imo.  Ger knows now and the rest of ya will find out in a week or two.  Anyway, it all kicks off on Monday and will be a daily thing for the next three months.  Let's gogogogogogogooooo!!!!

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: February 20, 2011, 04:50:28 PM »

I'm not a big eater at the best of times but today I seem to be chowing down everything in sight!  First weigh in tomorrow.  Should be interesting.  Can safely say it'll be nothing like the number I mentioned to Ger yesterday.

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: February 20, 2011, 08:39:11 PM »

good luck Dawn!

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: February 21, 2011, 12:13:59 PM »

good luck Dawn!

Cheers!  Just off the phone with the crowd running it.  Apparently they do have a physical fitness instructor on hand to show you the ropes.  He doesn't get stuck in with a workout plan for anyone until they've come back regular enough for the first couple of weeks.  Says lots sign up, turn up a couple of times and then never carry on with it.  Saves him wasting his time on those ones.  Fair enough. 

Not getting stuck into the rut of involving anyone else from the area because that never works out.  There's always one who can't go at whatever time for whatever reason which means nobody goes.  Just stick to getting it done on me own this time.  Even gave the girls the option of bailing on today's visit.  Sinéad said she'll take the 'bail' card but will push it if she ever sees me slacking off.  Sarah still wants to go obv.  She's a fecking energizer bunny and will leave me for dust on the machines.  Granted, she's friendly with the person in charge from all her volunteer work down there so can't do any harm to bring her on.

So with all that said, I'm off to row me brains out for the next hour.  wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: February 21, 2011, 01:11:14 PM »

Cheers!  Just off the phone with the crowd running it.  Apparently they do have a physical fitness instructor on hand to show you the ropes.  He doesn't get stuck in with a workout plan for anyone until they've come back regular enough for the first couple of weeks.  Says lots sign up, turn up a couple of times and then never carry on with it.  Saves him wasting his time on those ones.  Fair enough. 

irish logic is incred. has it not occurred to them that people don't come back because they don't have a plan so just spend a couple of aimless sessions getting bored?

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1224 on: February 21, 2011, 03:11:17 PM »

Don't overdo the first sesh Dawn. Softly softly...

The older I get, the better I was.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: February 21, 2011, 03:48:00 PM »

irish logic is incred. has it not occurred to them that people don't come back because they don't have a plan so just spend a couple of aimless sessions getting bored?

I must have hit them on a rare good day as it happens.  Either that or poor Derrick knows when he's beat.   

Don't overdo the first sesh Dawn. Softly softly...

That's what Derrick the fitness instructor said too. 

Got there and hunted him down in his office.  He gave me the form with instructions to fill it out at my ease and bring it back (with the money) next time I come in.  He was ready to just send me on my way down to the gym area, but I kept asking him questions.  Persistence pays, because he led the way down to the gym in the end.  Either that or he was just sick of the questions.  lol

I told him I'd intentions of rowing away for an hour and he gave me that 'yeah...righto' look.  So I asked what he'd recommend.  In the end he set me up on the row machine with instructions on how to use it properly.  I was told to do no more than 10 minutes at a time for a start.  I'm to push hard from the 4th to 5th minute and again from the 9th to 10th minute.  Then it was off to the light weights for 10 minutes.  Rinse, repeat for one more round giving me 40 minutes of working out for a start. 

He's told me I'm not to use the row machine again until next week.  Apparently I'm to alternate to a different one each day and it's not about the amount of time as such, but the resistance I set the machines for.  He seemed to think short and hard workouts are every bit (if not more) effective than a couple of hours of clueless messing about. 

Now he's shown me the proper way to use each machine and given me the basics, he is going to sit back and see how serious I am over the next week or so.  Then he'll give me a proper schedule of workouts he reckons would suit me best.  He'll be getting another knock on his door next Monday imo.  I'm serious about this for sure, but I want to be sure it's being done right too.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: February 21, 2011, 03:51:18 PM »

PS  The official first weigh in?  Was OMFG shocking!  Not quite the number I'd given Ger the other day...blimey. 

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1227 on: February 21, 2011, 04:07:02 PM »

PS  The official first weigh in?  Was OMFG shocking!  Not quite the number I'd given Ger the other day...blimey. 

Come on, confession is good for a laugh the soul.

Post your weight every day and I swear the fear of public failure will keep you on the straight and narrow.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: February 21, 2011, 04:12:15 PM »

Post your weight every day and I swear the fear of public failure will keep you on the straight and narrow.

Ok then.  Only because it's you who asked. 

Sighhhhhhhhhhhhh.  Starting weight is........

12s 12lbs.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1229 on: February 21, 2011, 04:18:25 PM »

Ok then.  Only because it's you who asked. 

Sighhhhhhhhhhhhh.  Starting weight is........

12s 12lbs.

You carry it well sweetheart.

Now, target weight please..... 

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 ... 127 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: