blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:02:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Laxie through the Looking Glass
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 ... 127 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie through the Looking Glass  (Read 177798 times)
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #570 on: August 06, 2010, 05:15:13 PM »

how has nobody mentioned "One"

original or one with Mary J?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #571 on: August 06, 2010, 09:14:11 PM »

i sincerely hope that  is a joke

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #572 on: August 06, 2010, 09:35:39 PM »

i sincerely hope that  is a joke

Cheesy

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #573 on: August 06, 2010, 09:40:23 PM »

most of the time i like you  Grin

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #574 on: August 07, 2010, 10:49:58 PM »

Marie, "Want to go to Liverpool Pride with me tonight?"
Me, "Sure....where's it on?"  (Obv I've been hanging out with Bridget too much)

Me, "Those damn midgets piss me right off, but I've a great spray for them."  Midgets = Midges.  Sigh.

"What just fell?  Ah it was nothing."  Note to self -  Next time you hear a thump on the floor of a taxi...check for yer phone.

Wee man proper chatting up random bird and going well....sister arrives and says, "Back up bitch...he's my boyfriend!"  UL son.

More gems to follow....once I can think of them.  But at the rate this week-end has gone, I've obviously not been thinking much!  lol

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #575 on: August 07, 2010, 10:52:27 PM »

Wee man proper chatting up random bird and going well....sister arrives and says, "Back up bitch...he's my boyfriend!"  UL son.

LOL - nice one Marie!

It's better to be looking at it than looking for it.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #576 on: August 08, 2010, 12:36:53 AM »

You bet two fiddy?  Snap it!

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
The_duke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #577 on: August 08, 2010, 11:08:41 AM »

no random fiddy in the pot - no call - simpelsssss

A great many people believe they are thinking, when in fact they are just rearranging their prejudices
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #578 on: August 08, 2010, 11:14:06 AM »

no random fiddy in the pot - no call - simpelsssss

Poker 101 - "But I have Q J 10!  Why haven't I won?!"

"Because you need to use 5 cards pet." 

"You're all just cheating."

Ger has his work cut out for him when it comes to teaching Marie how to play poker.  It's never going to end well.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #579 on: August 09, 2010, 10:30:05 AM »

Home again safe and sound.  Minus a phone, but there ya go.  Will only take 80 steps with the insurance crowd to get it replaced.  They're giving me some sort of 'loaner' phone from later this afternoon, so start shipping me texts or pm's with yer name and number folks.  Rumour has it I get to keep my number. 

Would have been a great help if I'd thought to back them up to my computer, but that makes too much sense so you can be sure I didn't do it.  I lost the lot.  Well done.  Promise to save them properly this time.  In a few days.  When I finally get me new android.  But remind me...just in case.  Cheers!

Have to tear road now.  One of the requirements to submitting a claim is to have a form stamped by the local garda within 48 hours of reporting it lost.  Will be back later with a mini trip report of the week-end...and hopefully minus a phone company rant. 

Have a good day all!

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #580 on: August 09, 2010, 11:09:27 AM »

Out of Your Mind by Victoria Beckham and Dane Bowers. What a chooon

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #581 on: August 09, 2010, 08:05:41 PM »

I tried to avoid it.  Really I did.  But they give me no choice.  Phone rant incoming.  Run while you can...or in Iron's case, roll man, roll for the hills!!!  You have been warned.  Actually, it's not that bad after.  Just felt like rambling a bit.  Here it goes.

So I lost my phone.  Never happened before, but always a first time I suppose.  I had to be creative about it and lose mine while in England this past week-end.  Friday night to be exact.  In a random taxi on our way home from a night out.  As ya do.  Will NEVER again use that handbag.  Knew I wasn't reliable with something that doesn't have a zip.

Anyway, we discovered the loss mid day on Saturday.  It occurred to me I hadn't heard from anyone.  No texts or calls had beeped out from the handbag all morning.  My phone is usually as busy as our house.  This was odd.  So I go to check said handbag.  No phone.  That would explain the silence.  Marv.  Quick search around Ger's place and then the penny drops.  The 'thud' we'd heard on the taxi floor at 1:30am wasn't 'nothing'.  It was more than likely my phone.  lol  Doh.

So I go to the Meteor website and send them an email.  'Please and thank you disco the bill pay phone.  Will be in touch when I return home.'  Only they send me an auto-reply email saying, 'We'll get back to you within 48 hours.'  If I wait 48 hours, I am liable to be billed for calls to every corner of the fecking planet.  Not happening.  Phone them up instead and get it sorted. 

This morning I phoned the local shop and they asked me to print off a claim form from the net, get it signed by the local police and bring it in.  No problem.  Except that the local officer felt the need to berate me for the bones of five minutes over the issue of jurisdiction. 

'Lost it in England, should have gone to English police.' 

'Form says go to local police as it's only a loss, not theft or aggravated damage.  No crime committed so no jurisdiction issue.'  (I've more than my fair share of expertise on that topic lately)

And round and round we went.  Sigh.  He must have had a really bad week-end.  Luckily I hadn't and was as nice as could be with Mr. Grumpy.  Eventually he gave in and spent less than a minute signing and stamping the form. 

'Yer a star.  Thanks for that!'

Off I went to Killarney with it.  Met my favourite store manager on the planet.  Really...he is absolutely BRILLIANT!  Granted we deal with him all the time.  Five people in the one house with phones.  Add the in-laws into the mix too just for fun.  He's our guy.  He had me sorted out in no time with a new SIM card registered in a fully charged loaner phone.  Got to keep my same number and he had the block removed.  I can return in a day or two to pick up my new HTC, no hassles.  Happy days. 

Except, remember that email I'd sent on Saturday?    

Yep.  About the time I landed home, happily storing numbers of popes, bishops and priests (that's another story) onto my new SIM...I received an email.  Niamh from Meteor was delighted to inform me she'd received my email and had duly blocked my number.  The one I'd had unblocked just a couple of hours ago.  Only the wee darlin' hadn't bothered to check my records before she went about it.  Cheers.  Luckily a quick phone call later with Aaron had me sorted.

So now I must wait for the insurance crowd to give the nod and I'm good to go.  Should only be a day or two.  In the meantime I've all sorts of religious types sending me texts saying to be sure I add them.  You lot are total nutters!  lol

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #582 on: August 09, 2010, 08:37:12 PM »

Now then - on to the trip report.  Landed in England Thursday night.  Ger the duke was the poor misfortune who had to deal with me for the week-end.  He really is too good to me.  Sometimes I wonder what I did to deserve such a lovely person who I can call on at any time.  In all fairness, there's nothing he won't suffer through if it means helping his friends out.  

As I'd a meeting early Friday morning to get through, we decided we wouldn't do a late night sitting of it on Thursday night.  Laxie and the Duke go sensible?!  What's the world coming to?  So we stayed in, had the few sups and a chat at his house...and hit the sack by around 3am.  Sensible us, see?  

I was told our visitors would arrive around 10am Friday.  I was up at 8am.  As ya do.  Just couldn't settle with what I imagined was in store.  They arrived near enough the time and a few hours later we were sorted.  From here on out I could relax.

And what better way to relax, only go to a stag do that night.  As ya would.

'Ah Ger...you go on out with the Lads and I'll stay here watching the telly.  Don't want to get in the way.'

'No offence dear, but you ARE one of the Lads.  You're going.'

Off we went.  Ger and his crew along with myself hit the town and met up with the other Lads.  To be fair, it was a tame stag do.  Wee pub crawl and karaoke with nice people having a good laugh.  Perfect.  Later in the night we dragged Ger to a club.  Dragged.  Well and truly.  But he suffered through it.  That's where wee man had his hopes and dreams crushed by his sister...who very definitely isn't his girlfriend.  Made the trip to the club well worth it for Ger in the end.  

Back to his for a late night snack which I duly missed.  After such a long couple of days missing my sleep, it had finally caught up to me.  Had the best sleep I've had in ages.  

Saturday we took our time about the day.  Lunch in a nice hotel first.  Back to his to deal with the phone issue.  Then a bit of walking about the town with pub stops along the way.  Wee bite to eat in the evening (with an amazing discount on the final bill!) and we headed back to Ger's for a couple of sit n go's.  

We didn't play for money.  Was all about pride.  I'm quite proud of the fact I lasted more than 20 minutes with that motley crew!  Duke, wee man, Shogun, Marie and I.  Marie had never played before.  Was all the signs of it too, God love her.  I went to bed before the second sit n go was finished and found out the next morning...wee man and Ger had chopped it!  Chopped a freeroll?  There's a new one by me.  lol

Sunday it was home time.  Sigh.  I always get the wee bit lonesome on the drive back to the airport after a week-end with that crew.  Ya can't beat 'em for hospitality and hugs.  

Landed safe and sound back in Cork to a house that looked like a bomb had hit it.  They obviously hadn't received Thursday's memo.  I've received a play list of songs from another special blonde member and will be blasting them tomorrow.  As tomorrow - we clean.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 08:53:53 PM by Laxie » Logged

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #583 on: August 10, 2010, 12:29:48 PM »

Sigh.  Just SIGH.  Ok all you smart arses...you win!

Yesterday I said text me with your name so I can add ya to the new phone.  So far these are just some of the gems I've received from various mystery people:

'The Pope' got the ball rolling.  When I rang later to find out who's voice was on the other end their phone went to voice mail.  Received a text shortly after saying, 'Sorry taking mass'.  'The Pope' has since gone on to tell me his sins - which were spending all his money on whiskey and beer.  Talkative sort our Pope is, so he is.

Next up we have 'I'm the crazy cleric dude with a hook instead of a hand.'  That narrows it down for me.  Cheers!

Getting away from the religion theme for a minute, it's the one and only Barbie Dahl.

My own flesh and blood thought this trend by ye lot was hysterical, so the next one was an Irish number.  It was Jesus.  Sarah is going to be extra busy cleaning today.  Hope she's said her prayers.

Next up was a really creative one altogether.  This person needs to lay off the aerosol cans imo.  'Maximus Decimus Meridius commander of the legions of the north'  Hope you command your legions better than I have this loaner phone.  I've accidentally deleted your message just now.  Go again when ya get a chance.

Then I had one that said, 'Your phone working yet?'  Sigh.  It is, cheers.  Have since found out who that person is.  lol

And one more for your morning's entertainment - L.Ron Hubbard.  The self help King.  Wish he could help me figure out who the rest of these people really are!

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #584 on: August 10, 2010, 10:38:32 PM »

Just another night chillin' out.....

Click to see full-size image.

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 ... 127 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: