blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 06:46:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272633 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Laxie through the Looking Glass
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 ... 127 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie through the Looking Glass  (Read 177969 times)
Supernova

He who laughs last didn't get it.

View Profile
« Reply #1680 on: May 27, 2011, 10:43:36 AM »

Hi Laxie

best of luck to you.... You will have to forgive me as i'm not up to speed on your domestics..how old are your children and i assume there going to live with their Dad ?

No worries.  Sarah is the youngest and she's 14.  SinĂ©ad is nearly 16 and Brian is 19.  They're staying in the home they've grown up in - with their Dad.

On a few occasions with the last couple of years, he'd been asked to move back to his home place but he refused.  You don't do that in rural Ireland apparently.  I've no family in Ireland and had been a stay at home mom for most of their lives.  Finding work in this area was impossible as the locals felt they were taking sides if they hired me.  So we stuck it out under the same roof for the last couple of years and I'd intended to stick it out for the next three as well.  But things change.

I can sympathise with your situation... My ex wife and I remained under the same roof for 2 years after we were properly divorced as the financial side of our relationship was so complex  .....  it is truly a surreal situation

Blimey.  Didn't realise there were more out there like us. 

Around here the locals had it in their heads we must be grand to say we were living under the same roof.  A few very close friends knew snippets.  Only we knew the truth.

I'm thrilled to bits for you hunni  and yes there are more like you out there/in here like that - trust me!

I wish you both every happiness in the world  Smiley xxx

And I need you more than want you.
And I want you for all time.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: May 27, 2011, 10:47:49 AM »

As for finding happiness?  Well you can sing that!!!  I'm over the moon and I've never been more sure about anything in my life.  If you haven't kept up to speed, might want to go back to about page 102 of this thread.  Right about here to be exact...

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=47002.msg1367347#msg1367347

ah...no worries im up to speed with recent developments...hope it all goes well....  yup.. as far relationships and divorces go..i got you beat... eastenders had nothing on me..intrigue, phone tapping and hitman requests are but the highlights...lol

Yeah...you definitely win!   

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: May 27, 2011, 11:03:43 AM »

After a couple of tough years, I'd grown numb to the thought of true happiness.  Then Jack came along and the feelings I have for him scared the hell out of me.  There was genuine panic on my part.  This isn't supposed to happen to me.  But a wise man named Ger said..."Don't question it.  Just embrace it!"

So from June 16th, Jack and I are taking the plunge and starting a new life together.  I know it may seem crazy from the outside looking in to be moving so fast.  But we're not getting any younger and I don't see the point in hanging about when we're both so sure. 

Time to embrace life again.  And that's just what we're going to do...together.  I get butterflies just thinking about it.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1683 on: May 27, 2011, 11:22:24 AM »

I liked this diary better when there was just talk about dogs in it rather than all this lovey-dovey stuff. Wink

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: May 27, 2011, 11:28:41 AM »

I liked this diary better when there was just talk about dogs in it rather than all this lovey-dovey stuff. Wink

Wondered where me German dwarf had run off to.  Thought you might still be a bit sour over the soul read at the week-end.   Grin

Speaking of dogs, they're doing great.  Lily is STILL going strong.  I don't get it.  We honestly thought we'd be lucky to see her through Easter, but she's not shown signs of pain or trouble yet.  And Cassie is still her cheesy self around the place, but add MEGA shedding by her into the mix as well.  Might have to go back to the idea of strapping cloths onto their four legs to help me brush the floors.  There's hair every fecking where! 

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: May 27, 2011, 11:28:51 AM »

obv married Smiley

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1686 on: May 27, 2011, 11:32:13 AM »

Wondered where me German dwarf had run off to.  Thought you might still be a bit sour over the soul read at the week-end.   Grin

Speaking of dogs, they're doing great.  Lily is STILL going strong.  I don't get it.  We honestly thought we'd be lucky to see her through Easter, but she's not shown signs of pain or trouble yet.  And Cassie is still her cheesy self around the place, but add MEGA shedding by her into the mix as well.  Might have to go back to the idea of strapping cloths onto their four legs to help me brush the floors.  There's hair every fecking where! 

don't worry, that phase doesn't last long.

I know Sad

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: May 27, 2011, 11:52:20 AM »

Beginning to wonder is it because of the combo of odd weather (it's supposed to be summer but ya wouldn't know it to look outside) and the fact I still have a fire put down in the sitting room most nights.  It's like her coat want to thin for the summer, but then grows back just as fast.  Rinse repeat with over a month now.

hector62

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet

View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: May 27, 2011, 12:47:23 PM »

Are the dogs moving to Leicester too?

Puristville, Arizona.  Population (1)
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: May 27, 2011, 12:59:47 PM »

Are the dogs moving to Leicester too?

There were discussions about what would happen there, but the kids have asked if they can stay with them.  I've said yes obviously.  

Lily was a no brainer.  She's always and ever been here.  

Cassie was a question mark in my mind due to how she came to be here.

Sarah especially adores them both and the other two enjoy them as well - so I won't be taking Cassie away from them.  Especially not when Lily is so close to her last legs here.  

I'll have Sarah send me email reports on Cassie to be posted here for everyone who's been following her journey.  Plus I'll be returning now and then for various things to do with the kids and will take photos during my visits.  

As I said from the start...Cassie is part of the family and will always be treated as such.  There's only one part of this family moving on, and that's me.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 01:01:57 PM by Laxie » Logged

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: May 27, 2011, 01:47:37 PM »

have you ever been to leicester?

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1691 on: May 27, 2011, 02:52:17 PM »

have you ever been to leicester?

LOL Smiley.

It does mean you're <30 mins from DTD. I'll warn them, next time I'm in. They may need to prepare.

Welcome to the East Midlands . When's the move?

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
The secret to a happy life - "Never pass up a chance to have sex or appear on television." - Gore Vidal
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: May 27, 2011, 03:09:57 PM »

I think I might need to invest in some noise cancelling headphones.

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: May 27, 2011, 06:08:15 PM »

I'm over on June 16th so warm up those alarms.  Think you'll be surprised though.  He really has quietened me a bit. 

Been to Nottingham and DTD before obv, but don't think I've ever been to Leicester.  Always a first time and the 'where' of this was never going to be an issue anyway. 

I didn't pick the town.  It's all about the man who happens to live there.  I've put all my trust and love in Jack and it wouldn't matter where he lives to be honest. 

Delboy

If you never let me go, I will never let you down.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1694 on: May 27, 2011, 06:23:17 PM »

Lax, once you're settled why don't you and Jack come to dinner at our house? we're only an hour away.

'Still we sing with our heroes thirty three rounds a minute'
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 ... 127 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: