blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:36:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272623 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  DTD £300 DEEPSTACK ... MAY
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 ... 55 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD £300 DEEPSTACK ... MAY  (Read 129216 times)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #690 on: May 03, 2010, 01:10:37 AM »

Yeah, Vinny here again with the details...

Blinds 20k 40k.

Michelle in the SB makes it 120k, Pete 3 bets to 270k and Michelle calls.

Flop comes

Pete leads for 140k, Michelle counters to 440k and Pete insta shoves. After a long dwell Michelle, who has Pete slightly covered makes the call.

Pete has Kings, Michelle has A8.

on the turn and on the river mean that Michelle Bennett is this months DTD £300 comp winner.

Joking aside I am gutted for Pete. Think this is the third time he has finished second. Walsall, Mainevent at DTD and now the 300. Can't get that elusive win!!!

Yes, he's gutted.  Obviously the £18.5K mitigates some of the pain, but he dearly wanted to win.

The deal probably affected how they played out the final hands, but can't be unhappy with his weekend's work though.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #691 on: May 03, 2010, 01:12:24 AM »

Here is the May £300 Deepstack CHAMPION

Michelle Bennett

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #692 on: May 03, 2010, 01:19:47 AM »

Right, me, Kev and Vinny are going to join Cos and Sunny in a SNG.  I'm going to see if we can do a deal after Cos is knocked out...

Thanks for reading the updates, congrats to all who cashed especially KevB and Claw, and of course Peter and Michelle.

I'll leave you in Kev's capable hands to wrap it up...

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #693 on: May 03, 2010, 01:26:46 AM »

Well done Michelle and Peter!

Thanks for updates guys - top work as always thumbs up

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #694 on: May 03, 2010, 01:28:52 AM »

Thanks everyone for reading and contributing to the update thread, as always a massive thankyou to EVERYONE here at DTD, quite simply the best poker venue ever FACT !

Congrats to Michelle on a quite awesome result, really pleased for you.

Grats also to KevB and Claire and Grats and commiserations to Pete Chara, top bloke.

I hope to be back next month, I love this place !!

Good night, God Bless

x x x

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #695 on: May 03, 2010, 02:46:57 AM »

wp claire - ul

is it too early to suggest it was a huge shove?

not saying the money wasnt going in.............................................but

You're probably right but it probably is too soon but then it's probably going in anyway. Just a cooooooooooooler

u reckon he goes to war post on an A high board with KK?

Not at that stage with their chips...

Exactly...be interesting to know the raise and reraise amounts..think could have flatted without getting it all in with A high

No one said ANYTHING when Claire won a huge flip against AK. I reckon we should perhaps stop being results orientated

I think people should stop getting a gazllion BB's in with AK

Dean, this is such result oriented tosh. Now stop it before you embarrass yourself

Great result Claire, great updates, great weekend, er... everything is great

sola virtus nobilitat
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #696 on: May 03, 2010, 09:53:47 AM »

Well done to Michelle and thanks guys for the excellent updates

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #697 on: May 03, 2010, 11:46:58 AM »

Well done to Michelle and thanks Kev for the excellent updates

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
ChristieEllis

View Profile
« Reply #698 on: May 03, 2010, 12:02:29 PM »

Daniel Ward & Manuel Stan

Grin Grin

Also.. well done Michellle !!!

Regards,
Christie
Tiger-flash

Apat East Midlands capt

View Profile
« Reply #699 on: May 03, 2010, 12:17:53 PM »

Here is the May £300 Deepstack CHAMPION

Michelle Bennett

well played both, was watching till the bitter end, could of gone either way but pete had bad luck with lady luck, well done michelle and your time will come for that win pete c",)
MLHMLH

View Profile
« Reply #700 on: May 03, 2010, 02:58:13 PM »

I don't really know where to start!  Firstly thanks to all those doing the updates - it's great to get home and read through them to remind me what happened (it's a bit of a blur!)

Thanks to Pete for being so gracious at the end.  You are top bloke and a great player.  Only a matter of time before you get that trophy!  I was disappointed that I won after making a bad call - would have preferred for the final hand to be a well played hand and not a lucky one, but I'll take it!

Well done to all the players at the final table, it was a cracking table and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

Thanks to my husband Ian and also to Colin Young who railed me all evening (it might be 2-1 mate, but I'm gunna catch you).  Also well done to Paul Murphy who took down the £150!

Thanks to all the staff at DTD - fantastic as always! 

Michelle
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #701 on: May 03, 2010, 04:16:42 PM »

Well done Michelle on your win.

Don't worry about the last hand. When you're head's up tptk vs KK is a cooler not lucky.

Very disappointed for Big Charra, pretty sure you'll get there before long mate. See you at the UKIPT.

Great updates Kev and Dan.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Blatch

View Profile
« Reply #702 on: May 03, 2010, 04:26:52 PM »

wp claire - ul

is it too early to suggest it was a huge shove?

not saying the money wasnt going in.............................................but

You're probably right but it probably is too soon but then it's probably going in anyway. Just a cooooooooooooler

u reckon he goes to war post on an A high board with KK?

Not at that stage with their chips...

Exactly...be interesting to know the raise and reraise amounts..think could have flatted without getting it all in with A high

No one said ANYTHING when Claire won a huge flip against AK. I reckon we should perhaps stop being results orientated

I think people should stop getting a gazllion BB's in with AK

Dean, this is such result oriented tosh. Now stop it before you embarrass yourself

Great result Claire, great updates, great weekend, er... everything is great

I have a new hero Smiley
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #703 on: May 03, 2010, 05:00:12 PM »

First hand of the new level, and we have some action involving Michelle and Daniel.

Flop

Michelle checks, Daniel bets 40K, Michelle calls.

Turn
Ah

Michelle bets 100K, Daniel shoves, Michelle calls!

Michelle two spades
Daniel

Michelle 388K now

are the bet/stack sizes correct? if so that's either chip dumping or the worst bluff attempt in history

good updates chaps

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #704 on: May 03, 2010, 05:13:23 PM »

The A-K hand...

I think it's insane to definitively say it's spewy or a cooler without having any knowledge on Claw's opponent. If he's the tightest player in the room who hasn't three-bet the whole day, then yes, four-betting is bad, but if he's an aggressive player with a wide three-betting range (especially button versus blind), then I don't actually see any problem in shoving, even if it is for a lot of chips. In fact, if that was the case, then I think flat calling with the intention of folding to a bet would be a poor play as it allows us to be bluffed off the hand by, potentially, any two, and turns us into a fit-or fold player where we'll be folding most flops and getting poor value from our hand. Although it's possible that we're only getting called by better hands, and folding out weaker ones, I think, against an aggressive player, there is enough fold equity to warrant a push to fold out hands we're flipping against. It's even possible meta-game may lead him to calling with A-Q, but most of the time he'll fold and we'll pick up the pot uncontested. Either way, I don't think we can jump to conclusions without knowing the dynamics of the situation. We certainly can't be results ortientated and say, 'but it came an ace', or, 'It would have gone in on the turn anyhow.'

Nice job anyhow, Claw, and hard luck on the 10th place finish.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 05:19:50 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 ... 55 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: