blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:28:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  DTD £300 DEEPSTACK ... MAY
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 ... 55 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD £300 DEEPSTACK ... MAY  (Read 127931 times)
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #705 on: May 03, 2010, 05:24:04 PM »

The A-K hand...

I think it's insane to definitively say it's spewy or a cooler without having any knowledge on Claw's opponent. If he's the tightest player in the room who hasn't three-bet the whole day, then yes, four-betting is bad, but if he's an aggressive player with a wide three-betting range (especially button versus blind), then I don't actually see any problem in shoving, even if it is for a lot of chips. In fact, if that was the case, then I think flat calling with the intention of folding to a bet would be a poor play as it allows us to be bluffed off the hand by, potentially, any two, and turns us into a fit-or fold player where we'll be folding most flops and getting poor value from our hand. Although it's possible that we're only getting called by better hands, and folding out weaker ones, I think, against an aggressive player, there is enough fold equity to warrant a push to fold out hands we're flipping against. It's even possible meta-game may lead him to calling with A-Q, but most of the time he'll fold and we'll pick up the pot uncontested. Either way, I don't think we can jump to conclusions without knowing the dynamics of the situation. We certainly can't be results ortientated and say, 'but it came an ace', or, 'It would have gone in on the turn anyhow.'

Nice job anyhow, Claw, and hard luck on the 10th place finish.

Claire's game play obv works for her as she managed to get to 10th, WPWP. There is no correct way to play hands imo, depends on the day, chips, player etc as always. I would not have got it in pre with the QQ either, but it works for Claire,  I just seem doomed in them sort of situations. Anyway, keep up the winning Claire. x

The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #706 on: May 03, 2010, 05:25:33 PM »

Plus, I do not play no where near as much as I used to so prob out of live practice. So take no notice of me lol.

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #707 on: May 03, 2010, 08:08:04 PM »

Claw is aggressive. Villain is aggressive.

They have AK and KK.

I'll leave you to work the rest out....

ul.

Maaaaaaaaaad rubs in the bar last night for Big Charra. Legend though.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #708 on: May 03, 2010, 09:57:07 PM »

wp claire - ul

is it too early to suggest it was a huge shove?

not saying the money wasnt going in.............................................but

You're probably right but it probably is too soon but then it's probably going in anyway. Just a cooooooooooooler

u reckon he goes to war post on an A high board with KK?

Not at that stage with their chips...

Exactly...be interesting to know the raise and reraise amounts..think could have flatted without getting it all in with A high

No one said ANYTHING when Claire won a huge flip against AK. I reckon we should perhaps stop being results orientated

I think people should stop getting a gazllion BB's in with AK

Dean, this is such result oriented tosh. Now stop it before you embarrass yourself

Great result Claire, great updates, great weekend, er... everything is great

Its embarrassing to give an opinion now ?

There is no definitive right or wrong way to play this hand as there is with so many..  i just gave my opinion on the dynamics surrounding the hand rather than the actual hand i.e stacks, tourney depth etc my thoughts were is 2nd cl really 3 betting cl without a monster and if not then AK is not in good shape. Added to this the general overplay of AK..

Its just an opinion boys its not right and its not wrong, i wish claire had held and she won the lot as she is a) a blonde  b) a fellow luton reg and c) deserved it more than most...it would also add credence to her opinion that i am the best player in Luton..ney..The world... Grin

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Blatch

View Profile
« Reply #709 on: May 03, 2010, 09:59:18 PM »

Wow - sounds like ive gotta play at Luton more often Wink
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #710 on: May 03, 2010, 10:22:20 PM »

Just to clear up Claire's AK hand...

I had 450k, Claire had 500k at 4k/8k/800. Claire makes it 24k on the button, I make it 85k from the BB.

At that point theres 117k in the pot. I've gotta be 3betting only something like JJ+ to make shoving there with AK a bad play and suffice to say I'm probably 3betting a bit wider than that considering (a) this was my first 3bet (b) Claire had been raising the majority of pots when she was folded to.

Doing anything but shoving AK there would be pretty awful. Its just a cold deck to run into KK 5 handed and the way the board ran out was obviously pretty gross but Claire certainly did nothing wrong.

Congrats to Michelle, made a real gutsy call with the KJ vs Chara's Q7 and generally played really solid

See you all at the UKIPT!

BulldozerD

View Profile
« Reply #711 on: May 03, 2010, 10:25:36 PM »

the Ak hand sounds pretty standard to me - unlucky
Johnny Kelly

View Profile
« Reply #712 on: May 04, 2010, 04:24:15 AM »

Cheers kev for another well covered weekend at the DTD.
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #713 on: May 04, 2010, 03:26:47 PM »

Just to clear up Claire's AK hand...

I had 450k, Claire had 500k at 4k/8k/800. Claire makes it 24k on the button, I make it 85k from the BB.

At that point theres 117k in the pot. I've gotta be 3betting only something like JJ+ to make shoving there with AK a bad play and suffice to say I'm probably 3betting a bit wider than that considering (a) this was my first 3bet (b) Claire had been raising the majority of pots when she was folded to.

Doing anything but shoving AK there would be pretty awful. Its just a cold deck to run into KK 5 handed and the way the board ran out was obviously pretty gross but Claire certainly did nothing wrong.

Congrats to Michelle, made a real gutsy call with the KJ vs Chara's Q7 and generally played really solid

See you all at the UKIPT!

so this is your first 3bet so she should assume you have a wide range? i dont follow.
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #714 on: May 04, 2010, 06:02:17 PM »

Its my first 3bet so I know that I'm probably going to be given credit for a hand...so should probably have air there a decent amount of the time

Mitch

View Profile
« Reply #715 on: May 04, 2010, 06:30:38 PM »

Its my first 3bet so I know that I'm probably going to be given credit for a hand...so should probably have air there a decent amount of the time

Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?

Surely the opposite!? From her perspective your far more likely to have a hand this time. Irrelivant really anyway coz its all going in.

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #716 on: May 04, 2010, 07:51:30 PM »

that makes abs no sense, you'll fit in well round here

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #717 on: May 04, 2010, 07:56:16 PM »

I think he's saying that if Claire is respectful of his play she should assume he has a widish range because they both know the conditions are right for him to 3bet light. He must think that or else the 3bet with K-K is an ineffective play as it carries loads of FE vs an oppo who knows he must have a hand. But if this is how he sees the metagame shaping up what if he doesn't get K-K or indeed any hand in the bb for some time. How does he win the battle vs Claire's button aggression if he thinks when he 3bets she wont credit him for a hand?

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #718 on: May 04, 2010, 09:11:04 PM »

What is it that doesn't make any sense? People tend to give you credit and fold the first time you 3bet them, so why would I do it with a real hand when I could do it with junk.

paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #719 on: May 04, 2010, 09:19:08 PM »

What is it that doesn't make any sense? People tend to give you credit and fold the first time you 3bet them, so why would I do it with a real hand when I could do it with junk.

wp daniel.

you wont know me

but do u mind me asking how old u r? coz u look like ur 12 :p
welcome to blonde

Just me
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 ... 55 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: