blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:01:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Come on England
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 32 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Come on England  (Read 48318 times)
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: June 19, 2010, 11:15:47 AM »

Pretty sure girgy could have done a better job up top tonight.

fyp mate

yup, his finish at BB8 was incred.

You know it Wink

Listened to the game on the radio and was glad only my ears had to endure the tosh that we played! To sum it up i heard atrocious, terrible, shocking, nervious all sum up how england were playing and that was all in the first half!! Every player was poor but can sumbody tell me WTF Heskey did in this game? I think i heard he spent most of the game on the deck!

Can Fab Cap please log on here and look at my selections for next game.....

JAMES

JOHNSON              UPSON                   TERRY                 A   COLE

MILNER              LAMPARD                  BARRY                  J  COLE

GERRARD

ROONEY

Not a bad shout Girg, tho I don't think it matters who plays if all of your good players have shockers, like they did last night.

I would defo keep Carragher in - thought he was one of the few who played ok.
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 19, 2010, 11:16:15 AM »

Not sure which is more shocking, Blatch's grim or Englands performance?

probs blatch's grim as nobody expected it!

What happened? Busto?

Someone sum up please!

Blatch is the biggest delusional nasty piece of work to ever have posted on blonde and has grimmed people out of 10's of thousands of pounds.
maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 19, 2010, 11:17:53 AM »

Pretty sure girgy could have done a better job up top tonight.

fyp mate

yup, his finish at BB8 was incred.

You know it Wink

Listened to the game on the radio and was glad only my ears had to endure the tosh that we played! To sum it up i heard atrocious, terrible, shocking, nervious all sum up how england were playing and that was all in the first half!! Every player was poor but can sumbody tell me WTF Heskey did in this game? I think i heard he spent most of the game on the deck!

Can Fab Cap please log on here and look at my selections for next game.....

JAMES

JOHNSON              UPSON                   TERRY                 A   COLE

MILNER              LAMPARD                  BARRY                  J  COLE

GERRARD

ROONEY

Not a bad shout Girg, tho I don't think it matters who plays if all of your good players have shockers, like they did last night.

I would defo keep Carragher in - thought he was one of the few who played ok.

Yea i thought carragher was one of englands 'better' players. He is suspended for the final game tho and id have dawson ahead of upson like everytime!
Matt.NFFC.

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 19, 2010, 11:22:01 AM »

Not sure which is more shocking, Blatch's grim or Englands performance?

probs blatch's grim as nobody expected it!

What happened? Busto?

Someone sum up please!

Blatch is the biggest delusional nasty piece of work to ever have posted on blonde and has grimmed people out of 10's of thousands of pounds.

What!

Having briefly followed that thread, I thought they were doing really well?

Surely not?
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 19, 2010, 11:23:59 AM »

not sure how you've missed it matt, it's all  here http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=48399.0

original thread is removed at the moment

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 19, 2010, 11:24:35 AM »

its all there m8, leave this thread to footy.
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 19, 2010, 11:26:15 AM »

England has the raw talent and the finances to recruit top quality coaching staff to get the team organised. There really is no reason for you to not be able to compete with the other European powerhouses.

You aint gonna win the 2010 cup right enough... who is though? It's not like
England are the only team under performing.

Going forward, ignoring the squad today and the current form, England has the following things going for it.

The global popularity of the EPL and how much money it brings in, it's not like the governing body has to watch the pennies.

The high population and the fact that football is by far and away the most popular sport, spontaneously games breaking out in every school playground.

The strong culture of support for the national side.

Speaking as a Scot, I shit myself every two years that you might win something. There's no reason you should resign yourself to perpetual mediocrity. Y'all need to get some perpective. Looking like you aint going to win this one right enough but there's no reason you can't win the next one.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 19, 2010, 11:28:22 AM »

Tank you surprise me.

I thought you knew fuck all about football but that was a very sensible and educated post so well done.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 19, 2010, 11:34:34 AM »

England are going to win there final game 3-0 win the group and go on to win the World Cup, CMON ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Matt.NFFC.

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 19, 2010, 11:37:58 AM »

its all there m8, leave this thread to footy.

Sorry guys.....just wanted someone to sum up as it's getting on for 50 pages.....

Now, back to England....
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 19, 2010, 11:50:24 AM »

England are going to win there final game 3-0 win the group and go on to win the World Cup, CMON ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

il give anybody 100/1 that England don't win this years world cup!!

As for Dawson in for upson I agree as I think Dawson is the best cb that spurs have!

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 19, 2010, 11:57:40 AM »

As for Dawson in for upson I agree as I think Dawson is the best cb that spurs have!

Ok how much can I have on ?
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 19, 2010, 11:59:02 AM »

how ever much u like!!

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 19, 2010, 12:00:42 PM »

Your read isn't off maldini, I don't know my 4-4-2 from my 5-4-1 and would be lost in any talk about the nitty gritty.

But I know I know fk all though, which is something perhaps.

One thing I can't understand is why you can't use an English manager. The advantage obviously being no language barrier and the ability to give fiery motivational team talks about what it means to play for England etc. The sort of thing that's important in any team sport at any level.

I can understand a country like the Ivory Coast bringing in a Sven, but I'm skeptical that England paying the big bux for Johnny foreigner as head coach is money well spent. Surely there must be an Englishman who is competent enough to do the job, and winnig a champions league or whatever shouldn't be a prerequisite for employment. Does winning a major comp mean the manager is one of 12 men in the world who are gifted enough to lead that team to glory, or is it just that the manager was in the right place at the right time and didn't fuck up too bad.

An ex England player as manager is what you want imo, some old defender who would boom out the national anthem and gladly sacrifice his body to help his team, the sort of guy who without thinking would smash his face off the post if it meant there was a small chance that he could turn conceding a corner into conceding a throw in. They can have support behind the scenes with the team picking and wotnot.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 19, 2010, 12:03:30 PM »

how ever much u like!!

So you will give me 100/1 @ $20 me betting on Eng to win the WC yeah ??
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 32 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: