blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:32:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Discussions about: Staking - Betfair Football Trading
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 147 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Discussions about: Staking - Betfair Football Trading  (Read 505827 times)
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 16, 2010, 01:10:43 AM »

maybe i am old school but staking is a massive weakness when if u curbed the leaks from ur regen behaviour u would be sufficiently rolled to play and keep 100% of ur profits rather than have to get the begging bowl out and give a % of ur profits away because u cant resist 28/9 split and 7 on a roulette wheel.  Staking has its time and its place but i really struggle to understand people needing staking when they spunk money for fun on negative ev bets.

Not everyone is as disciplined as you. If they were I doubt poker or even sports betting would be as big as they are. You'd probably be out of business in a week if people didn't have a punt outside of their "roll" on betfair

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: June 16, 2010, 01:13:36 AM »

LOL at 'investment manager' - Blatch is just spinning up some beer money for his mates.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 16, 2010, 01:15:19 AM »

spinning up beer money - lmao dont make me laugh - the guy has a staked investment fund of circa £80k yet personally he cant even roll himself into a 'very soft' $5/$10 game in vegas.  The two stories dont really add up.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 16, 2010, 01:26:45 AM »

also from what i understand from this forum the investment manager is a full time betfair punter on a seperate account.  He doesnt work for a living.  Yet he cant afford to play a $5/$10 soft cash game in vegas and needs staking (max roll needed is $30k i would have said) but has the personal roll in his private account to make a sufficient income to live on and spunk £1k in a spin on a roulette wheel.  Maybe some people here are being taken for a ride.  Maybe not.   The numbers across several threads certainly dont add up.  I dont know many punters who can make a living on betfair with a bankroll less than it takes to sit in a 'very soft' $5/$10 game in vegas.  Maybe i am wrong but i am very happy advising my guys not to get involved in the 'scheme'.   
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 16, 2010, 01:52:29 AM »

why u had no involvement on the game which anyone who is anyone knew the sharps were going to back heavily S Korea v Greece

so your 'information sources' would advise u to avoid the game which was going to be the biggest gamble of the first round and hence give u the biggest opportunity for 'riskfree' profit by a mile.

There wont be another game in this world cup which moves this much i 100% gtd that.

the fact you chose to get involved in an england game instead of the biggest gamble of the whole event just shows that your so called 'information sources' are nothing other than guess work. 

just do the maths on his total bank going on that game at 3.3 and greening up around 2.7 and then work out how much profit was lost.

I can only assume from his non involvement in the biggest gamble of the world cup by a mile

every judge in the game was on this game hence the gamble.

When i invest money into something and i miss the biggest return of an event like he has done here i would want a better excuse than 'i went to leics races' or  'i did the england game instead' for missing out.   

If i had told the 2 guys who asked me to invest and said yes and then seem the investment manager had missed the biggest gamble of the world cup i wouldnt have been very happy for them.

This game was absolutely perfect for the pre match greening up army and the guy misses out.

missing the biggest 'well known if in the know' pre game gamble at the world cup is pretty embarrassing for someone claiming to have good contacts/knowledge of this field.

After missing the Korea gamble i just thought it would be fair to highlight to the investors in an neutral way that the 'contacts/infortmation' may not be quite as good as some have been led to believe.

let me clarify i dont want any involvement in this investment plan having seen how the south korea game wasnt invested in.

seen how this game wasnt included its pretty obvious that its not as well clued up as i thought

Gas

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 16, 2010, 02:13:40 AM »

what does gas mean?  i aint down with the kidz!!!!
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 16, 2010, 02:14:31 AM »

[ ] solid

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 16, 2010, 02:32:06 AM »

What do you think it means. Review the context

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 16, 2010, 02:32:47 AM »

just speak english.  Maybe my straight talking isnt what everyone on this forum is used to even if it is 100% factual
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 16, 2010, 02:48:30 AM »

thank you james.  i know your user name from awop.  You know me as well.  We have played together live numerous times and spoke at dtd.  Glad to see there is a bit of balance to this thread and someone who is respected in the poker world outside of the blonde 'we are love each other' forum.  Like i have said all along i have no axe to grind i just like adding balance to the thread and why still havent any of my questions been answered?  Why has the bf P+L not been showed as a screen shot if the account is solely used for this fund?   what is there to hide?
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 16, 2010, 02:51:55 AM »

Although I think it would be absolutely ridiculous that screenshots/records of EVERY single game traded were not distributed to stakers, we don't know what goes on privately between Blatch and his stakers. He could be using PM/MSN/FB etc etc etc to tell everybody about the games he's traded how much he's won etc.

I think Arbboy has put some absolutely imperative detailed information ITT and assuming they have zerp history I'm guessing he is doing it for the benefit of the forum and to help out his mates that are possibly interested in investing and not trying to give Blatch a bad name. A lot of people have reacted badly to Arbboy and I think he may have taken it the wrong way. Blonde seems to be more of a community than a forum and a guy coming into the "community" with less than 10 posts (the first 10 trying to sell something) and attacking a guy that has made everybody who invested money a profit no matter how small it is and more than that a close friend to many people is always going to end up in squabbling.

Instead of arguing both sides should take the positives out of the thread.

Arbboy- This is a community and if you give a few tips then everyone will worship the ground you work on. The words some of us "kidz" use are frankly ridiculous so don't worry about not knowing/understanding them, I think there is a post in the learning centre of PHA (Poker Hand Analysis) that actually lists all the words for your "dadz" Smiley I think you actually have good intentions and believe in time you could be a really liked and important member of this forum and hopefully you feel more "accepted" quickly. Also if you want a clever, quick learning, maths friendly apprentice that you'd like to take under your wing, holla! (shout Tongue)

Blatch- A lot of what Arbboy has said is just like a professional way to go on. I'm not saying you should do daily reports about what you're planning to bet on and how much you've made, but a graph in the thread would be really good. Not just so we know that you're not putting everybodies money on 27/8 Tongue but it is actually pretty interesting and although I havn't yet invested I would be really intrigued. I don't think it's necessary you post all the games you've traded on ITT, but sending them to the people that have invested would be advisable, not just for the peace of their mind, but so they can rail/sweat.

Lets all be friends, onwards and upwards guys.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 02:53:49 AM by pleno1 » Logged

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 16, 2010, 02:54:26 AM »

for those of u who dont know betfair well he could easily post a profit and loss account of a whole months activity on one page on her with 2 clicks.  showing a simple one figure result of each game traded. no other detail needs to be shown.  it would take 2 seconds to do.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 16, 2010, 03:04:45 AM »

so now james keys has posted who is a highly respectable poker player regarding doubts about the scheme.  I could name the 2 guys who asked me about investing in this privately several months ago.  I wont but they are both massively well known in uk poker circles and on blonde and they both know who they are and i gtd everyone on this thread will know both of them.  why cant the simple questions i have raised be answered?  All u get is the gang of blatch's boyz answering and sticking up for him without given any solid answers to the questions i have asked.  They are really simple to answer ifyou know the game inside out like i am sure the investment manager does if his claims are true. Maybe asking these questions exposes talents that arent quite as good as they have kidded the poker community into investing 'their beer money'  £80k certainly isnt beer money to this investment manager who needs staking to play a 'very soft' $5/$10 cash game.  Maybe you should ask yourself a few questions.  I am happy at any point to show anyone my bf account at dtd with full P+L points balance to back up who i am.  People who know me on this forum already wouldnt even need to see it.  I have nothing to hide.  I just dont understand why so many questions i ask cant be answered.
LeedsRhodesy

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 16, 2010, 03:06:58 AM »

so now james keys has posted who is a highly respectable poker player regarding doubts about the scheme.  I could name the 2 guys who asked me about investing in this privately several months ago.  I wont but they are both massively well known in uk poker circles and on blonde and they both know who they are and i gtd everyone on this thread will know both of them.  why cant the simple questions i have raised be answered?  All u get is the gang of blatch's boyz answering and sticking up for him without given any solid answers to the questions i have asked.  They are really simple to answer ifyou know the game inside out like i am sure the investment manager does if his claims are true. Maybe asking these questions exposes talents that arent quite as good as they have kidded the poker community into investing 'their beer money'  £80k certainly isnt beer money to this investment manager who needs staking to play a 'very soft' $5/$10 cash game.  Maybe you should ask yourself a few questions.  I am happy at any point to show anyone my bf account at dtd with full P+L points balance to back up who i am.  People who know me on this forum already wouldnt even need to see it.  I have nothing to hide.  I just dont understand why so many questions i ask cant be answered.

your really getting on my tits now
iwillwinlots

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 16, 2010, 03:08:16 AM »

lol @ investment manager
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 147 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: