blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:45:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Discussions about: Staking - Betfair Football Trading
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 ... 147 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Discussions about: Staking - Betfair Football Trading  (Read 505852 times)
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: June 18, 2010, 05:50:33 PM »

Blatch, would you mind putting up the last 3 months of transactions anyway please?
Nutter5932

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: June 18, 2010, 05:50:49 PM »

I thought this was a light hearted joke with what's been going on lately and it appears it is not.

We all knew the risks before we got into this and knew we could lose part or all of the investment. Covering it up and chasing the loses without telling us is kinda awful as I think the investors would have just accepted a 20% loss on the first game and just ground it back throughout the season and move onto the world cup / next season for a profit / restart.

If you do intend to pay the original investments back then good on you. My £500 might seem small in comparison to sum but I don't want you guilt stricken over it and I will be patient and wait for anything to develop on it as I'll just write it off.

On a personal note to Neil what if we all wanted out pre-world cup when you told certain people their stake was X% > than their original investment ? Telling me I had £x,xxx,xx to let role on or be in my bank was very wrong. I still appreciate the seasons work and feel sorry for the higher investors.
a.sparrow

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: June 18, 2010, 05:51:23 PM »

Why did you still accept peoples money last week.Huh???

I know everyone can feck up but if this was 3 months ago
and you still pm'd me asking if I was wanting to be involved
last week.

This is the bit ethically doesn't compute!!!!

Seems to have started 10 months ago, its uneithical to ask you to join definately but his motive was obv to get funds to spin up and try to rescue it with a miracle.
Blatch

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: June 18, 2010, 05:55:54 PM »

vegas money?

was the betfair account in your name?

Vegas money has gone and account was in my name.

Im currently trying to send messages to all to let them now.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: June 18, 2010, 05:56:13 PM »

I'm sorry you're in such a deep hole Blatch, but what I suspect really hurts everyone is that people defended you to the hilt against a random who was trolling and yet you were never straight with people until now.

The money becomes a minor issue (if it can be) for me since I think everyone who invested should've come in knowing there would be some risk that everything could go wrong, but the fact that you never told anyone and maintained an illusion that things were fine is the most insulting thing. Everyone here has been played for fools because you were not honest in a situation that demanded it the most especially given people would find out eventually, you should've stood up and been counted. Taking holidays and playing large buy-in events when you're already going to be owing people huge sums also seems utterly ridiculous.

Anyway, I'm not going to castigate you anymore, I suspect you've already been punished enough. I hope you can get back on your feet and repay back the money and rebuild the trust that people have shown in you, but it's going to be very hard and may take a long time.

All the best,

Chris

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: June 18, 2010, 05:56:49 PM »

last week.

I have the spreadhseet and see that money was obviously accepted after the date of the loss (I initially thought about this point too as this was when my dad invested).

Before I ask everyone what they think this means in terms of people getting paid back first etc I want to verify everything matches up with the account.

I'm getting the log in details for it in a second. I will pass this on to Kinboshi and Tightend too.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: June 18, 2010, 05:57:45 PM »

last week.

Seems to have started 10 months ago, its uneithical to ask you to join definately but his motive was obv to get funds to spin up and try to rescue it with a miracle.

Yeah but that would of been a total lie, and he would of stopped at 80k, so instead of the investor getting the 80k which blatch had gambled/span up they would of just been told he broke even.

Take a bank loan out, 28/9 split LDO.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
a.sparrow

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: June 18, 2010, 05:58:12 PM »

last week.

actually ignore me i dont know, i thoguht the august game as there was a 4th minute goal which obv gives him less time to trade out, 58th minute in the 2nd game between the two teams.  thought i read somewhere he woke up 15 mins before kick off so if true he would have been able to trade out in time for the goal in the 2nd meeting, but obv he woke up later or something.  i'm sure we will all know soon enough anyway.
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #368 on: June 18, 2010, 05:58:19 PM »

I'm sorry you're in such a deep hole Blatch, but what I suspect really hurts everyone is that people defended you to the hilt against a random who was trolling and yet you were never straight with people until now.

The money becomes a minor issue (if it can be) for me since I think everyone who invested should've come in knowing there would be some risk that everything could go wrong, but the fact that you never told anyone and maintained an illusion that things were fine is the most insulting thing. Everyone here has been played for fools because you were not honest in a situation that demanded it the most especially given people would find out eventually, you should've stood up and been counted. Taking holidays and playing large buy-in events when you're already going to be owing people huge sums also seems utterly ridiculous.

Anyway, I'm not going to castigate you anymore, I suspect you've already been punished enough. I hope you can get back on your feet and repay back the money and rebuild the trust that people have shown in you, but it's going to be very hard and may take a long time.

All the best,

Chris

Good post.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 18, 2010, 06:01:32 PM »

I now have the password to the account and username.

Just trying to up in the office. Will be home later to post further.

@GreekStein on twitter.

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: June 18, 2010, 06:03:38 PM »

Neil I think what Chris says makes a lot of sense. I feel like a prize tool for defending you on like 12 pages of the thread.

I also wish you'd confided in me mate. I'm probably looking at cancelling a trip to Vegas due to this.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: June 18, 2010, 06:04:44 PM »

Wow, I hope everyone gets their cash back, it's not as if a trade simply went wrong. And obviously people need reassurances that it hasn't just been lost on a random spin up or worse - so many ways the money could have went. I've heard of people dumping money from one of their accounts to another - putting up money to be matched on a low volume market and then signing in with another account and matching it. Not saying that has happened here though.
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: June 18, 2010, 06:05:27 PM »

We need an auditor (that understands Betfair, arbing and betting in general) to comb over the account.  Someone like Chompy (sorry mate!) who doesn't have a shilling in (I don't think) that can probe for evidence of what happened.

Some people don't seem to understand that if the fund was being "borrowed" to trade IR, it could have been successful many times over.  Then with a Liverpool lay going tits up with 15 minutes to go, it suddenly becomes a "sleep in".

I don't know which version is true, but a decent audit gets rid of the speculation.  There shouldn't be any money in play IR on the account.  If this truly was a tragic accident, it obv hasn't been dealt with very well, but at least we will know what we are dealing with.  

Some questions:

1. How many times in the season was money in play IR?

2. Was the Florida holiday an attempt to recoup the losses?

3. What happens to the WSOP stake?

4. Detailed breakdown of the cashouts?

5. What evidence is there to contravene the contention that the sudden downswing was a 'paper trade' downswing designed to reduce the account balance?

byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: June 18, 2010, 06:08:54 PM »

betfair have a money laundering department, i know nothing about this sort of stuff, googling seems to say they catch people who deposit with stolen credit cards. can you do the equivalent of 'chip dumping to your mate by playing HU' on betfair?

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: June 18, 2010, 06:09:08 PM »

We need an auditor (that understands Betfair, arbing and betting in general) to comb over the account.  Someone like Chompy (sorry mate!) who doesn't have a shilling in (I don't think) that can probe for evidence of what happened.

Some people don't seem to understand that if the fund was being "borrowed" to trade IR, it could have been successful many times over.  Then with a Liverpool lay going tits up with 15 minutes to go, it suddenly becomes a "sleep in".

I don't know which version is true, but a decent audit gets rid of the speculation.  There shouldn't be any money in play IR on the account.  If this truly was a tragic accident, it obv hasn't been dealt with very well, but at least we will know what we are dealing with.  

Some questions:

1. How many times in the season was money in play IR?

2. Was the Florida holiday an attempt to recoup the losses?

3. What happens to the WSOP stake?

4. Detailed breakdown of the cashouts?

5. What evidence is there to contravene the contention that the sudden downswing was a 'paper trade' downswing designed to reduce the account balance?

Hi Simon,

I realise this is only an answer to the first of your points but I've pm'd blonde member 'Sighmuns' who is also a member of BF staff to see if he can take a look into this for us as I'm certainly not qualified to do so.

If someone like Chompy is willing to do this I'm happy to pass over log in details.

Cos

@GreekStein on twitter.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 ... 147 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: