blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:10:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Discussions about: Staking - Betfair Football Trading
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 145 146 [147] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Discussions about: Staking - Betfair Football Trading  (Read 505859 times)
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #2190 on: June 29, 2010, 07:29:11 PM »

Surprised and delighted to hear this news!

Feel sorry for the family,

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: June 29, 2010, 07:43:32 PM »

Neil has been slagged off a lot and quite understandably so on this thread.

I always said I would reserve to make my proper judgment until I see what happens in the aftermath of it all. If he'd run away or not responded then I'd have been bitterly disappointed in more ways than one. I may sound like a fool with this post but I genuinely don't believe he did it with any true malice. I think a desire with wanting to make money and be successful became an obsession as things weren't going as he'd planned and he let things spiral out of control as he tried to recover.

It's early days yet but I know he's already seen his doctor and been to a GA meeting and from speaking to his mum several times on the phone it really does seem like he has a great family to help him too. He's always picked up the phone or responded to stakers when questioned and it does seem like he wants to fix this as best he can. Some pieces of the puzzle have been lost but if the rest is put together you can still make out the picture.

He told me he wants everyone paid and to put this all behind him.

I certainly hope he can make things right by his parents once everyone is paid and wish him well in the future.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: June 29, 2010, 08:19:02 PM »

What if his parents were busto too? If they had no cash no one would be getting repaid, he shouldn't get any props for this.
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: June 29, 2010, 08:21:19 PM »

Its not props its empathy

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
Stupiderlikeafox
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: June 29, 2010, 08:33:47 PM »

I always said I would reserve to make my proper judgment until I see what happens in the aftermath of it all. If he'd run away or not responded then I'd have been bitterly disappointed in more ways than one. I may sound like a fool with this post but I genuinely don't believe he did it with any true malice. I think a desire with wanting to make money and be successful became an obsession as things weren't going as he'd planned and he let things spiral out of control as he tried to recover.

It's early days yet but I know he's already seen his doctor and been to a GA meeting and from speaking to his mum several times on the phone it really does seem like he has a great family to help him too. He's always picked up the phone or responded to stakers when questioned and it does seem like he wants to fix this as best he can. Some pieces of the puzzle have been lost but if the rest is put together you can still make out the picture.

I certainly hope he can make things right by his parents once everyone is paid and wish him well in the future.
[/b]

This will be the true test of his sincerity.

Murph1984

View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: June 29, 2010, 08:41:22 PM »

I may sound like a fool with this post but I genuinely don't believe he did it with any true malice. I think a desire with wanting to make money and be successful became an obsession as things weren't going as he'd planned and he let things spiral out of control as he tried to recover.

Sorry but this does make you sound like a fool,which I know you're not.

You might want to read back over all the bets,how early he went off the path and all of the dispicable "jokes" he posted and went along with,,money dumps etc etc before you start forgiving and forgetting.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 08:48:14 PM by Murph1984 » Logged
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: June 29, 2010, 09:53:22 PM »

thread has been locked

if/when more importnt info comes out people will be informed

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: June 29, 2010, 09:54:08 PM »

We've had over 100 pages of recriminations and insults.

Neil (thanks to his family it seems) is now doing the right thing.

I think the time for accusations and jibes is past.

Let's just be happy that everyone is getting their money back and let the guy get on with rebuliding his life.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2198 on: July 06, 2010, 01:12:31 PM »

Just wanted to confirm that payments have been received by quite a number of stakers over the past few days, and more will be receiving their money later in the week.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2199 on: July 08, 2010, 06:08:10 PM »

Blatch has been in touch with me and Cos about the repayments.

Apparently everyone who has contacted him with their details has been repaid (some of the transfers will take a few days to come through yet).

I will be drawing a line under the whole thing personally.  I doubt I'll ever see or speak to Neil again, and hopefully he can sort his life out and get away from his gambling problem.  He's lucky to have such a supportive family and I guess that's more than a lot of others have.

Also just wanted to publicly thank Cos for what he's done since it all came out.  He's not as much of a tosser as many people think.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 145 146 [147] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: