blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 05:08:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272930 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 449 450 451 452 [453] 454 455 456 457 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1440299 times)
Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #6780 on: June 19, 2015, 08:04:17 AM »

Outcome independence is a hugely important psychological aspect to winning at life

First they came for the nits, and I did not speak out because I was not a nit
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #6781 on: June 19, 2015, 08:29:25 AM »

Eyes have been dried, nice.

Omm

View Profile
« Reply #6782 on: June 19, 2015, 08:34:53 AM »

BITB is back on track, enjoy the rest of Vegas then have the best holiday ever. Gl win the world, again.
Magic817

View Profile
« Reply #6783 on: June 19, 2015, 09:35:41 AM »

pads this morning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zFHkBQBg-4

Best of luck today!
deeiron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6784 on: June 19, 2015, 09:44:09 AM »

hope and trust this post is appreciated by Patrick as we go back along time to when he was part of the NPF starting out on his poker road. Just wanted to say I hope he takes on board some of the superb advice given since his "Broken man " post especially from Cambridge Alex, Dubai and Little Dave. Best posts Ive read on any forum for years from those 3. Totally nailed it IMO. Gl in the rest of the WSOP and hope your in commentary box for FT of Seniors Patrick!!!

betta to be lucky than being good
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #6785 on: June 19, 2015, 10:28:48 AM »

$3K was really fun, I got there at 300bb with 15k, so perfectly fine. I got unto 40k pretty easily, I was so tuned in, off my phone completely taking every decision serious. My whole intention and goal was to play better than anybody else in the room and just make as good a decision as possible.

I hand one hand that was pretty interesting.

I open ATdd UTG to 900, unknown Spanish reg flats button kind of weirdly as if he didn't have a really great hand. Maybe a suited ace/broadways/pairs.

Flop KJ2ccd, I make a pretty easy cbet of 975. He calls.
Turn KJ2Qccdc, I think betting any of my range here would be a pretty big mistake. Hands that aren't strong enough to check call but have equity would be AcXx but I have none A8/9/7 off suit combos that I'm opening. I think this turn favours his range, especially as he flats a lot of JJ/QQ/KK potentially pre flop given stack sizes. He bets 1500 which felt pretty weak to me, I assumed he had KJ/KQ/QJ/AK hand strengths.

River KJ2QJ, I check and now he acts very differently to previously so I know it means something, he grabs his chips differently and then bets 4500. I pretty much insta folded and turned my hand over, he was abit shocked and showed me KJo for a full house. I don't really like his pre flop call, but maybe its ok.

Next hand of note is I open 1300 on whales big blind UTG with QQ, veryyyyyy splashy/peely guy flats the 1300 and then this same Spanish guy makes it 3200 off like 60k (I have 24k) such an awkward spot, I think he doesn't have AK with this sizing, but no idea what he was trying to do? Maybe play a pot against the other guy in position or something, I didn't feel comfortable 4b/calling when I had such a great table, but also didn't want to 4bf. When I peel flops are incredibly tough because I will be sandwiched in-between and may have to call/fold which will really suck!

I ended up peeling, and c/f A55r. No showdown.

I grinder from 20k to 40k without showdown, I 4bet bluffed half my stack pre in one spot when I had a very good read he was 3bet/folding in a squeezed pot, I was sure of my read that I just wanted to back myself and go with it.

I get moved table with 3 hands left of the night. I have a really nice stack and first hand I sit down Zisimo is stop and going into 5 people on Jxx, 2-3 hands left before they call last hands of the night and fish limps. English reg makes it 2400, theres a call and I overcall KJhh (bb800) from the cut off, Zisimo jams again and obviously anybody who plays against him a lot knows he's very, very aggro. I'm contemplating whether to call or not, pretty sure I'm going to call and he kind of shows me either a 6-7-8, not a picture anyway lol. LOLlivepoker, I call anyway, but very much doubt I would ever fold vs him and lost KJhh vs his 88 on 66542. I come back tomorrow with 19k instead of 70+k, but weirdly I just felt completely fine. In the past I had this previous fear of losing big hands before the end of the night and obviously over the last 48 hours have had the entitlement and the IRUNSOBAD fear, but here I just felt completely fine. I didn't make close to one mistake all day I don't think and made 7-8 really great plays.

I'm happy. It's kind of weird. Out of all the tournaments this summer I've made day 2 in about half+ of them, I really believe in myself and think I'm playing good. I just need to accept that thats ok. Thinking back I realise that this happens for 5-6 tournaments and then the 7th one I really find it hard to take. For example in SCOOP I felt find running bad for the first week and then on the 2nd Sunday after losing AA aip, I finally got the entitlement tilt. In Monaco I busted 5-6 tournaments playing great and then in the $25k I lost KK v AJ for lots of chips and thats when I kind of blew up.

I now know moving forward what to expect, I know I'll be fine for the next 4-5 tournaments, but I have to realise I'm probably going to take the next one really bad, but I didn't realise previously about this pattern, so from all of this I've definitely learned.

Theres a really nice saying in poker.. We either win or we learn.

I do have an overly pessimistic attitude, tomorrow I know when I'm first all in I'll expect to lose, I'm not sure just yet how to overcome that, but I really will go in tomorrow and treat it as if I have to make every decision worthwhile and play every spot as close to what I consider perfect (optimal)

I have taken the last 3 months extremely roughly, they have been very rough. But I will get over it, things will change and hopefully next time a run happens like this I'm better prepared for it.

I am anything but the finished article in poker and as much as I can cringe about the technical side of a lot of peoples games, perhaps their mental game makes up for it.

I actually don't think my mental game impedes me, its the post game mental game that is extremely weak, which in turn really hurts my life EV.

For all the nice posts, I really do appreciate it. For the not so nice posts, I completely get it and really appreciate you still posting, it will help harden me up.

Such a drama queen Smiley

253/297 tomorrow, 117 get paid.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #6786 on: June 19, 2015, 10:33:15 AM »

Some fantastic posts ITT in the last 24 hours. In amongst the long posts, I think this is the one that hit me most:

If only life was so simple.

Life really sucks sometimes, pleno. It feels like there is no justice whatsoever, other people get it all and life isn't fair. You've had experience of that and posted in this diary about some of those times, so I know you've not had it all your own way. But some people have run so far below EV in their life.

Make a list of all the things in your life you are grateful for. Put it somewhere prominent; somewhere you walk past between the front door and the laptop on your room.

Go and meet up with Cambridge Alex one day, perhaps. He seems to have got the balance right and found happiness in a life that involves (but doesn't entirely revolve around) poker.

Keep working hard but maybe one of your goals should be to smile more. Enjoy the experience. You might not be able to come back next year. A lot of us ITT are running above EV in life. You'll be fine and I await news of your success.

Do wins, sir.

Hey, yeah I'm not really gloomy, around people, people would never really know. I like to have a laugh, fun, enjoy time etc, thats the kind of thing with depression, people often keep it to themselves and it builds up and they can't take anymore. I may be wrong, but who would have ever guessed that about Robin Williams? Ben Wilinofskys recent video on depression is great and brave. I'm not trying to say I'm anything like that at all, but maybe me writing how I feel shows others that also struggle with similar things that it's not just them and its kind of normal to be sad and upset at times.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #6787 on: June 19, 2015, 10:39:54 AM »

hope and trust this post is appreciated by Patrick as we go back along time to when he was part of the NPF starting out on his poker road. Just wanted to say I hope he takes on board some of the superb advice given since his "Broken man " post especially from Cambridge Alex, Dubai and Little Dave. Best posts Ive read on any forum for years from those 3. Totally nailed it IMO. Gl in the rest of the WSOP and hope your in commentary box for FT of Seniors Patrick!!!

Hey, yeah all the posts were really welcomed and were great obviously.

Are you in Vegas now? It would be great to get a beer with you all, hopefully I've matured abit now from 7 years ago Smiley

BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #6788 on: June 19, 2015, 03:51:39 PM »

$3K was really fun, I got there at 300bb with 15k, so perfectly fine. I got unto 40k pretty easily, I was so tuned in, off my phone completely taking every decision serious. My whole intention and goal was to play better than anybody else in the room and just make as good a decision as possible.

I hand one hand that was pretty interesting.

I open ATdd UTG to 900, unknown Spanish reg flats button kind of weirdly as if he didn't have a really great hand. Maybe a suited ace/broadways/pairs.

Flop KJ2ccd, I make a pretty easy cbet of 975. He calls.
Turn KJ2Qccdc, I think betting any of my range here would be a pretty big mistake. Hands that aren't strong enough to check call but have equity would be AcXx but I have none A8/9/7 off suit combos that I'm opening. I think this turn favours his range, especially as he flats a lot of JJ/QQ/KK potentially pre flop given stack sizes. He bets 1500 which felt pretty weak to me, I assumed he had KJ/KQ/QJ/AK hand strengths.

River KJ2QJ, I check and now he acts very differently to previously so I know it means something, he grabs his chips differently and then bets 4500. I pretty much insta folded and turned my hand over, he was abit shocked and showed me KJo for a full house. I don't really like his pre flop call, but maybe its ok.

Why are you showing here? You have said a lot about showing your hand and this seems to link into the other stuff about wanting people to respect you? Why does it matter. You earn respect in life and the people who are important enough will come to know you are the best at whatever you choose to be and the other's well dont need to know, you dont need to go around banging a steel drum all day making a big song and dance about it.

In work the other week one of my competitors did not see the need for having a good website and online advertising, now I could go around showing him how and why having a better website makes us better than he is but i dont need to/i dont want to. His customers are coming away from him to me because of the work we are doing.

Now when i sit at a poker table if i identify somebody as good or a sicko i am going to purposely avoid pots with them, marginal spot's i wont take and i will be more inclined to play fast against them. Is this what you want? Surely not, you want me to call play the street's and beat me when you have a much high skill edge. Calling me off when your 60/40 favourite pre is no fun, smash me up down the streets, but do it so I dont know your a sicko. By showing good folds, by showing how your better than people will make them avoid you and you will go from winning 10-15bb in a hand to 1 1/2 bb in a hand.

Good luck tomorrow and in the rest of the series.

Get it quietly

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
deeiron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6789 on: June 19, 2015, 05:29:46 PM »

Hey, yeah all the posts were really welcomed and were great obviously.

Are you in Vegas now? It would be great to get a beer with you all, hopefully I've matured abit now from 7 years ago Smiley

yes playing mainly "The old timers" events here till 25th. With Dreamdobb & Knaggsy, Dan Trett etc in Aria

Just make a WSOP final table and Ill share a shoe bomb with you!!!!  Gl

betta to be lucky than being good
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #6790 on: June 19, 2015, 05:57:44 PM »

Don't think they do bicardi breezers at the rio...

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #6791 on: June 19, 2015, 08:14:08 PM »

Don't think they do bicardi breezers at the rio...

they don't do bicardi anywhere Smiley

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #6792 on: June 19, 2015, 08:35:12 PM »

I've had times in Vegas where I've been tempted to take a running leap at a Wynn window...

Only because they have floor to ceiling windows tho eh?

bagel
bagel

View Profile
« Reply #6793 on: June 19, 2015, 10:24:55 PM »

early double up!

just what the doctor ordered
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #6794 on: June 19, 2015, 11:20:17 PM »

Got Upto 28k then at 1200bb sb raised to 2600. I wanted to 3b call so he would shove Ax and maybe some other optimistic stuff but he was a little weird and thought he may peel so just shipped which is obviously the standard line anyway and he made a tough call with AA.

I didn't fee bad at all, perfectly ok, getting food and some retail therapy now. I've realised I only really get sad/upset in big buy ins ($10k+)

Pages: 1 ... 449 450 451 452 [453] 454 455 456 457 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: