blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:24:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 370 371 372 373 [374] 375 376 377 378 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1416404 times)
pvas2

View Profile
« Reply #5595 on: July 31, 2014, 12:12:14 AM »

October 15thish hopefully will be in Hong Kong potentially playing in a private 200/400euro cash game that I won't be able to go into any details about but also looking forward to seeing a friend there and seeing Asia for the first time ever. I may extend this trip via china but haven't made any concrete dates yet.

I don't post much here but read your diary here every now and again and find it interesting. Good luck in this cash game I must say!  Are you going to stay for the ACOP in Macau? The main is around a $12k buy in on the 4th of November and the HR is around $30k. I'll be there to play the ME and to be in China in general. I hope you know you need a visa to visit mainland China and usually have to have either an invitation letter or all of your flight and accommodation booked ahead of time as far as I know. Good luck!
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #5596 on: July 31, 2014, 12:55:29 AM »

October 15thish hopefully will be in Hong Kong potentially playing in a private 200/400euro cash game that I won't be able to go into any details about but also looking forward to seeing a friend there and seeing Asia for the first time ever. I may extend this trip via china but haven't made any concrete dates yet.

I don't post much here but read your diary here every now and again and find it interesting. Good luck in this cash game I must say!  Are you going to stay for the ACOP in Macau? The main is around a $12k buy in on the 4th of November and the HR is around $30k. I'll be there to play the ME and to be in China in general. I hope you know you need a visa to visit mainland China and usually have to have either an invitation letter or all of your flight and accommodation booked ahead of time as far as I know. Good luck!

Hey, the only tournament I heard about was the hong kong $100k or something. Planning a trip that revolves around poker in China could definitely work too! I may do it a little later in October and then go to China then, many Brits go? Assuming its really soft?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pvas2

View Profile
« Reply #5597 on: July 31, 2014, 01:40:26 AM »

Hey, the only tournament I heard about was the hong kong $100k or something. Planning a trip that revolves around poker in China could definitely work too! I may do it a little later in October and then go to China then, many Brits go? Assuming its really soft?

The schedule is decent for sure and will get some high stakes American players coming over more so than UK players. I am only going because I will be in China anyway. I played it two years ago and it was soft with a few clueless sat winners and rich locals but didn't go deep enough to comment further and I'm not sure how the wsopapac and ept London being on around the same time will affect numbers, although I know a couple of people going and stars have been runnings sats for a while already.

Also Macau is similar to . It isn't mainland China and British nationals don't need visas for these. I doubt there is much poker in mainland China and wouldn't be easily accessible for foreigners but I could be wrong there.
AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5598 on: July 31, 2014, 10:43:41 AM »

The schedule is decent for sure and will get some high stakes American players coming over more so than UK players. I am only going because I will be in China anyway. I played it two years ago and it was soft with a few clueless sat winners and rich locals but didn't go deep enough to comment further and I'm not sure how the wsopapac and ept London being on around the same time will affect numbers, although I know a couple of people going and stars have been runnings sats for a while already.

Also Macau is similar to . It isn't mainland China and British nationals don't need visas for these. I doubt there is much poker in mainland China and wouldn't be easily accessible for foreigners but I could be wrong there.

NEW RECORD SET FOR BIGGEST POKER EVENT EVER HELD OUTSIDE OF AMERICA
Record-breaking Beijing Millions Main Event features 2,732-entrant field to become the biggest live poker tournament ever held outside of USA
BEIJING, CHINA – July 30, 2014 – The inaugural PokerStars.net sponsored 2014 Beijing Millions concluded this past Sunday set a new record for the biggest live poker tournament outside the USA.  The event was won by China's Chen Qin (秦辰).
The poker tournament was the Asia Pacific Poker Tour's (APPT) first ever event in mainland China.  It was held at the Beijing Star Poker Club from July 18-27 and the Main Event drew a massive field of 2,732 entries.
pvas2

View Profile
« Reply #5599 on: July 31, 2014, 12:41:14 PM »

Ok you got me! That is at a poker club so maybe they will speak English and it should be easy to find. My anecdotal evidence was that none of my Chinese in laws to be had ever heard of poker in China but sample size is small and I had heard of that one but do look fairly regularly to see of there is anything in China outside of Macau to travel to play, with the only other location I found being Sanya. I thought the legality was in question previously so most games would be "underground" but Google seems to be better than me.
AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5600 on: July 31, 2014, 12:43:49 PM »

Ok you got me! That is at a poker club so maybe they will speak English and it should be easy to find. My anecdotal evidence was that none of my Chinese in laws to be had ever heard of poker in China but sample size is small and I had heard of that one but do look fairly regularly to see of there is anything in China outside of Macau to travel to play, with the only other location I found being Sanya. I thought the legality was in question previously so most games would be "underground" but Google seems to be better than me.

Yeah it's not something I'm claiming any knowledge of at all. That's a PokerStars press release from yesterday. Just thought it was interesting. There was a WPT event in China a while back I recall too.

edit: Yeah WPT seemed to be in Sanya
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 12:45:35 PM by AlunB » Logged
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #5601 on: July 31, 2014, 10:46:55 PM »

My sleeping and eating has been really disappointing recently. I've been sleeping bad hours and only having one big meal a day. I bought some protein shakes yesterday so that I'm at least giving my body enough protein each day.

Football is going really well, I think that I'm playing as good now as I have for 7 years or so, looking to keep playing every day and maybe by December try and play in one of the highest leagues in Hungary, lets see.

Woke up late yesterday but won the hot 100 in a small session so that was good and adds some points to the ol pocket fives rankings.

Will take today off because of internet, enjoy dinner/drinks with a friend tomorrow and then play super hard core on Saturday and Sunday for WCOOP challenge. I was supposed to go to London but because of some passport issues had to change plans and reschedule for another show.

Not sure if I should sell or not for this weekend, I seriously feel so on top of my game right now and been reviewing so much, but the buy ins are pretty big. I guess I'll try to swap a little bit with some people, but like I spoke about in another thread its often hard to find 10 people who you think are within 5% of you to swap, either people think they are better than you and don't want to swap or you end up swapping with 6-7 guys you think have lower rois than you. It's really a tricky thing and if you do it regularly over a decent sample you can definitely cost yourself decent money.

New stars avatar coming up, its a beauty.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #5602 on: July 31, 2014, 11:10:35 PM »

you end up swapping with 6-7 guys you think have lower rois than you. It's really a tricky thing and if you do it regularly over a decent sample you can definitely cost yourself decent money.

My bad!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #5603 on: August 03, 2014, 02:56:35 AM »

Went out last night, can't reveal much of the night for a variety of reasons but the guys ended up going home in a limo, was pretty epic scenes throughout.

Woke up and decided to grind a big session as WCOOP challenge is on. I cashed the 700 with decent amount of bounties, cashed the turbo and came like 50th or something Sad and came like 40 from the bubble in the 1k.

Was pretty weird, I felt so, so so good all day and was really in the zone I then decided to c/r/c KK on 982fd with really aggressive dynamic. He had 98s, so was like yeah, whatever then Q ott and I was shouting "justice, one time time Queen on the river" it ended up coming a blank and then I realised I had AK. With 8max the Huds are all a little bit weird and I was thrown by this and misread hand. Quickly span up to exactly where I was but if I had busted a 1k like this I would have been pretty annoyed.

Looking forward to grinding tomorrow, really put off by the main that its a re-entry, seems like a really bad idea in my opinion, but lets see how it goes Smiley

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #5604 on: August 03, 2014, 05:56:07 AM »

Decided going to just record my whole session tomorrow as a live session. IE commentate 100% of the way through for the whole 12 hours or whatever, will be interesting, never done it before but could be really good/bad. Not sure how I will release it, maybe for training site or maybe on my site for free or maybe sell it individually, but will basically be 12 hours of exactly what I'm thinking in the moments the whole way, how I feel emotionally, how I react to bad beats, how my whole screen looks like and of course lots of strategy.

Its a huge day with WCOOP challenge main event and obviously Sunday just means there is lots going on.

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5605 on: August 03, 2014, 09:08:34 AM »

Went out last night, can't reveal much of the night for a variety of reasons but the guys ended up going home in a limo, was pretty epic scenes throughout.

You went on a 16 year old girls prom night?
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #5606 on: August 03, 2014, 02:39:03 PM »

You need to add sending me £85 to your to do list and organising your fantasy team. Forget limos and double comma weekends.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #5607 on: August 04, 2014, 06:57:46 AM »

Good night, bunch of good runs and ended up winning the bigger162 for $45k.

vamoooossss

pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #5608 on: August 04, 2014, 09:23:22 AM »

thumbs up

theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #5609 on: August 04, 2014, 11:23:53 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 370 371 372 373 [374] 375 376 377 378 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: