blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:45:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 476 477 478 479 [480] 481 482 483 484 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1416132 times)
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #7185 on: September 02, 2015, 06:31:12 PM »

If you aren't going to post anymore I'd like to say thank you, this thread along with Alex's has been a pleasure to read Smiley
If you open your own site with a blog, a PHA section and some vidoes of yourself playing, I'd be happy to pay monthly subscription.

HE IS GOING TO KEEP POSTING.

or else

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #7186 on: September 03, 2015, 11:00:38 AM »

Can't remember where I read it, but I think I recall you writing recently that any 'pro' not playing the SM each week is forsaking  $5K equity p.a.

I just wanted to suggest that in my opinion, that is wildly innacurate for the majority of lower stakes pro grinders.

LonOhRay

View Profile
« Reply #7187 on: September 03, 2015, 11:18:20 AM »

Can't remember where I read it, but I think I recall you writing recently that any 'pro' not playing the SM each week is forsaking  $5K equity p.a.

I just wanted to suggest that in my opinion, that is wildly innacurate for the majority of lower stakes pro grinders.

52*215 = 11180

5000/11180 = 45

I think anyone who makes a living from the game can have a 45% ROI in the Sunday Million.

If you are a "Pro grinder" you must be making minimum of £20k $30k p.a?

If these low stakes pro grinders have a 30% roi over an abi of $10 they need to have $100,000 of buy ins a year or 10,000 games or 800 a month/200 a week. - All of these seem reasonable to me.

If they do indeed fit in those numbers then their ROI in the Sunday million can't be wildly far from 45%?

Please correct me if i've missed something and don't think i'm attacking you, just putting numbers down to see if i'm doing something wrong.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #7188 on: September 03, 2015, 11:24:11 AM »

Can't remember where I read it, but I think I recall you writing recently that any 'pro' not playing the SM each week is working on Monday morning or has children.

FYP.  I would definitely play it every week if I could.  Just comes across as a lot softer than anything else I play.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #7189 on: September 03, 2015, 06:20:05 PM »

So much variance in it that I can think of a few more valuable comps. Best lottery ticket around though

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #7190 on: September 03, 2015, 06:40:19 PM »

52*215 = 11180

5000/11180 = 45

I think anyone who makes a living from the game can have a 45% ROI in the Sunday Million.

If you are a "Pro grinder" you must be making minimum of £20k $30k p.a?

If these low stakes pro grinders have a 30% roi over an abi of $10 they need to have $100,000 of buy ins a year or 10,000 games or 800 a month/200 a week. - All of these seem reasonable to me.

If they do indeed fit in those numbers then their ROI in the Sunday million can't be wildly far from 45%?

Please correct me if i've missed something and don't think i'm attacking you, just putting numbers down to see if i'm doing something wrong.

Nothing wrong with debate Smiley

First of all, not every pro grinder has 2.4 children and a 3bed semi in Surbiton.  Many are young and single, living in Brazil or somewhere where a few hundred bux a week is doing very nicely ty.  They are pro grinders, and they would mostly be well advised to steer clear of SM variance.

I spend a lot of time on sharkscope etc, more than anyone else I know, dissecting a lot of screen names results by game type, stakes, field sizes, etc etc.  Even for allowing for >$100 games, I'm not very often seeing 40%  A lot more often, if I filter for 2015, or even 2014+ to get some sample size in, they are more likely to be -ROI in those games than +ROI.  That might still be a slightly short term view, but then I also watch a lot of rank and file players play the SM and they really aren't anywhere near the same league as the good guys.  They are 'pro' because it is their main source of income, but they aren't the best in the business.  They don't make money being able to run faster than the bear... they make money being able to run faster than the fat guy who is also running away from the bear.

Option 1:  Play the SM every week.  Embrace the variance, and hope to get lucky Grand National style without a pedigree for playing well in $200 mtts.

Option 2: Take the odd $15 each week, use it to try to sat into the SM and play your heart out when you win a seat.  Take the $200 each week and stuff it in your mattress.  For ease of maths, take your birthday off and Christmas off, so 50 x $200 = $10K.  Have fun at Christmas with 10k or go to vegas each year with 10k and take a few shots.

The vast majority of 'pro grinders' don't know what $10k looks like in real money and most certainly don't get $10k in their hand very often.  Most will be 'a bit short' at Christmas and 'will need to see how May goes....' before making any WSOP plans.

Therefore, my suggestion would be that most pro grinders would be better off with Option 2.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #7191 on: September 03, 2015, 08:30:53 PM »

I take loads of shots with the $10k I take to Vegas Smiley

baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #7192 on: September 04, 2015, 12:23:59 AM »

If it's allowed can somebody link me to pads blog on 2p2?

Feed em rice.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7193 on: September 04, 2015, 12:27:09 AM »

If it's allowed can somebody link me to pads blog on 2p2?

No problem with a link to 2+2, but I would have no idea where to find his blog there. I believe his alias there is "OurSurveySays", you may be able to find it that way.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Magic817

View Profile
« Reply #7194 on: September 04, 2015, 12:54:44 AM »

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/174/poker-goals-challenges/pads1161-bracelethunting-1508230/index103.html
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #7195 on: September 04, 2015, 01:12:42 AM »

Reading his blog I can deffo see why he's blogging there rather than here. Much more feedback, love and general poker discussion obviously not great for Blonde tho

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #7196 on: September 04, 2015, 01:23:58 AM »

Reading his blog I can deffo see why he's blogging there rather than here. Much more feedback, love and general poker discussion obviously not great for Blonde tho

So many bloody comments to sift through though... But from a more pure poker perspective I completely get it. I could be wrong but I believe pads has previously said that he wants to be known/ recognised widely in the game, and there's a lot more room for his name and reputation to grow on 2p2. On blonde I suppose he's already up there and recognised as this great player that we won't ever be on the same playing field as, there's nothing of value blonde can add to him. Shame really.

Feed em rice.
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #7197 on: September 04, 2015, 01:24:19 AM »

Ty

Feed em rice.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7198 on: September 04, 2015, 04:13:59 AM »

Ah baldock, it's not like that mate, I'm not trying to squeeze ev! I'm not really that bad of a guy! I loved blogging here and I owe a lot of what I have to blonde as a community. I was an immature bad poker player when I came here, they helped me get a job in the industry, got tough yet good constructive feedback when necessary from members and I have a lot of great experiences.

Just as a blog/diary on 2p2 it's very different because hundreds of people I play against every day read it every day. Timex/Vanessa Selbst/Martin Jacobson/Greg Merson and others have told me I've they read it or I've inspired them from it. I really, really love posting there, interacting etc.

Blonde as a community I just don't really fit in. There's not so much for me to contribute and I felt if anything posting my blog would simply be to help my image, which now I don't really care about as want to do my own things and wouldn't join PokerStars as a pro anymore.

I am happy to post what I post there though, a WCOOP starts on Sunday, so that should be a fun few weeks sweat!

Thanks again giys, and I would recommend checking the 2p2 thread out too, some great players contribute in hand discussions etc.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #7199 on: September 04, 2015, 11:58:17 AM »

TY...had a scoot over there and last post was:

I'm also managing a football team now, so happy about that, extremely motivating and one of my legit goals is to be a professional manager after poker finishes. Let's see how we do in first season. I'll be updating here with results, tactics I use etc, if you don't like football (soccer) I'm sorry!

Need to rest and recover before moving house tomorrow and then wcoop starts the next day.

Let's cross fingers for being well for all of wcoop.

Vamos

Found the football manager bit really interesting but the thing is I don't doubt  that many on here would be interested in that as well! Hope you post it in here....
Pages: 1 ... 476 477 478 479 [480] 481 482 483 484 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: