blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 06:57:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272627 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2563832 times)
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: January 13, 2011, 06:09:12 PM »

Was crushed I had to miss the homegame at gala. Sigh. There were some sick stacks on show last night though! Along with some uber sick folding competition going on on the 1/2 rofl

i think i could match anyone for good folding tekkers. Been perfecting the "pitch" fold recently and it's looking sick. could defo improve on betting technique though.

Whats you top folding move, LeKnave is prolly nut-folder I know off, he does a spinning flick.

I use the flick fold a lot, although it's pretty stnd not a lot of people do it live, I like the slo-fold fo9r a decent default and go for the toss every so often but thats pretty risky

flat call open muck is my fave line
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 13, 2011, 06:19:36 PM »

Was crushed I had to miss the homegame at gala. Sigh. There were some sick stacks on show last night though! Along with some uber sick folding competition going on on the 1/2 rofl

i think i could match anyone for good folding tekkers. Been perfecting the "pitch" fold recently and it's looking sick. could defo improve on betting technique though.

Whats you top folding move, LeKnave is prolly nut-folder I know off, he does a spinning flick.

I use the flick fold a lot, although it's pretty stnd not a lot of people do it live, I like the slo-fold fo9r a decent default and go for the toss every so often but thats pretty risky

as an dealer I learnt how to pitch cards pretty well, so I use that pitching technique but with two cards. Often go for the wrist flick and sometimes the Jen Harman TV fold - first two fingers on each card, slide them away into them muck. Aces. 

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #197 on: January 13, 2011, 06:38:01 PM »

Better than the pre-flop raise then open fold on the flop?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: January 13, 2011, 06:48:15 PM »

Better than the pre-flop raise then open fold on the flop?

only preflop raise muck if you flop the nuts, gotta balance that shit
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 13, 2011, 08:09:48 PM »

move to gib. seriously. THe 100/200nl tables are lollllllllllllllllllllllbad, you can live in the sun, grind online (i'll make you) on balcony and live sick life. one time?

actually sounds sick. is there enough live poker there to keep me from going insane?

yes mate. the cash games are SUPER SUPER SOFT! SPANISH/gibraltarians, DO NOT FOLD. also there is a huuuuuuuuuuuuuge super soft 2/5 5/10 game in Marbella full of rich guys who spunk like 20k in a night. Its ridic and only 30 mins away. They also have a £300 game at end of the month which gets 200+ runners who dont know how to play with a good structure.

We go for weekends away all the time, this weekend I'm going to Tarifa (most southern point in Europe) in 2 weeks going skiing, in my company there are 28 different nationalities and everybody is like 20-30, loves poker and getting pissed.

Seriously welcome to come out, bring mates or whatever, make 2011 siccccck.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 14, 2011, 02:45:53 AM »

move to gib. seriously. THe 100/200nl tables are lollllllllllllllllllllllbad, you can live in the sun, grind online (i'll make you) on balcony and live sick life. one time?

actually sounds sick. is there enough live poker there to keep me from going insane?

yes mate. the cash games are SUPER SUPER SOFT! SPANISH/gibraltarians, DO NOT FOLD. also there is a huuuuuuuuuuuuuge super soft 2/5 5/10 game in Marbella full of rich guys who spunk like 20k in a night. Its ridic and only 30 mins away. They also have a £300 game at end of the month which gets 200+ runners who dont know how to play with a good structure.

We go for weekends away all the time, this weekend I'm going to Tarifa (most southern point in Europe) in 2 weeks going skiing, in my company there are 28 different nationalities and everybody is like 20-30, loves poker and getting pissed.

Seriously welcome to come out, bring mates or whatever, make 2011 siccccck.

If I do a decent win then I'll come check it out, sounds awesome!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #201 on: January 14, 2011, 02:49:11 AM »

fish on heater I cant be arsed to read back so cliffs pls, what's your br/br strategy/plan for games/how often you gonna play etc etc

what do you aim to make?

refusing to play online is basically shooting yourself in the foot imo.

bump 
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 14, 2011, 03:05:09 AM »

fish on heater I cant be arsed to read back so cliffs pls, what's your br/br strategy/plan for games/how often you gonna play etc etc

what do you aim to make?

bump 

if u cba to read it, i cba to rewrite it. Bazinga.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 14, 2011, 03:17:56 AM »

Sigh, had a pretty frustrating session. No cards rele all night and grinding out fluctuating +-£50 all night. Then called £60 river bet with A9 on T94K5 in a 3bet pot which was good for a bigish pot. Should've quit then cos was really tired. I then found a great spot to cold 4bet 67 from the small blind vs active internet kids button 3bet. Check shoved a T85 flop and didnt get there vs middle set for £350 pot sigh. Defo shouldve quit then, but stayed to tilt off £140 all in pre with 55. Not a good session. But shouldn't've been as bad as it was. Need the disicpline to walk away when I'm not in the right state to play, and usually I can but sometmes not. I quite like my move with the 67, unforunate he flopped a set ofc, and also unfortunate not to get there. But was tilted by his called with 88 pre, (£42 playing £160 total).

Not sleeping well at the moment which affected me a lot today Sad Day off tomorrow is gonna be good. Off to bed...zzzz

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #204 on: January 14, 2011, 03:49:19 AM »

what do you aim to make?

bump 

if u cba to read it, i cba to rewrite it. Bazinga.

ha ! I missed the one post with all the answers in ! will let you off.
Free_Rollin

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 14, 2011, 04:33:04 AM »

Sigh, had a pretty frustrating session. No cards rele all night and grinding out fluctuating +-£50 all night. Then called £60 river bet with A9 on T94K5 in a 3bet pot which was good for a bigish pot. Should've quit then cos was really tired. I then found a great spot to cold 4bet 67 from the small blind vs active internet kids button 3bet. Check shoved a T85 flop and didnt get there vs middle set for £350 pot sigh. Defo shouldve quit then, but stayed to tilt off £140 all in pre with 55. Not a good session. But shouldn't've been as bad as it was. Need the disicpline to walk away when I'm not in the right state to play, and usually I can but sometmes not. I quite like my move with the 67, unforunate he flopped a set ofc, and also unfortunate not to get there. But was tilted by his called with 88 pre, (£42 playing £160 total).

Not sleeping well at the moment which affected me a lot today Sad Day off tomorrow is gonna be good. Off to bed...zzzz

Lol at this....
JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 14, 2011, 07:52:46 AM »

as an dealer I learnt how to pitch cards pretty well, so I use that pitching technique but with two cards. Often go for the wrist flick and sometimes the Jen Harman TV fold - first two fingers on each card, slide them away into them muck. Aces. 

Hi <3
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 14, 2011, 08:00:40 AM »

Hi <3

modified from "As an exdealer"... decided i still like to think of myself as a dealer Wink

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Gazza

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 14, 2011, 02:02:18 PM »

Aren't you better off bet-calling (or open shipping it in)? He may fold overcard hands (AQ, KQ, AK maybe) to a cbet that he would otherwise bet and then be committed to call. He's probably not folding overpairs either way, but you would get more fold equity from high cards by c-betting IMO.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 14, 2011, 03:45:10 PM »

Aren't you better off bet-calling (or open shipping it in)? He may fold overcard hands (AQ, KQ, AK maybe) to a cbet that he would otherwise bet and then be committed to call. He's probably not folding overpairs either way, but you would get more fold equity from high cards by c-betting IMO.

perhaps, i think he folds overcards to a check/shove, but yeh not overpairs (or sets Wink ) yeh i dont rele like it the move pre anymore, but on the flop its fine to bet/call or check/shove.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: