blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:21:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 330 331 332 333 [334] 335 336 337 338 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2562660 times)
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #4995 on: October 30, 2011, 05:29:28 PM »

everyone is capable of 4/5bet folding but people do it so fucking rarely

Don't think this guy is gonna be messing with you. Understand what you say about K and K but these are completely different conditions.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #4996 on: October 30, 2011, 06:57:45 PM »

Hi Alex, great read again as usual, love the cash game reports. Question for you if you dont mind. I am always looking to improve on my game and like to hear peoples views if they are winning players, anyway I got talking to a young lad other day about tourney play and bet sizing, reraising spots and ranges etc and tbh has improved my tourney play, however i also play a regular 50p/£1 home cash game which does get quite a deep game as night goes on, 300-500 bbs. i am a tightish player by nature and there is one guy who loves making it £7/£8 to go a lot, is as lucky as fk but also a reasonable thinker. The thing i am never sure about is what sort of hands should i be 3 betting him with and what amounts, he will tend to fold more pre than if he has caught a bit of the flop. thanks

As a rough guideline, if he's folding too much then 3b with hands that are too bad to call with. K2-K9ss, Q5-Q9ss. J7ss. 96ss 74ss, 23ss, 34ss, those sorts of hands. As well as your premiums. Peel with the stuff in between, the broadway cards, 89ss, ATo.

If he's calling too much then 3b wider for value than you usually would. AT+, A9ss, KJ+, 99+ that sort of thing. That's what I do, maybe Dave can elaborate a bit as he's the nuts when he comes to this sort of thing.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #4997 on: October 30, 2011, 07:32:19 PM »

ok , will be giving it a go next game, prob end up skint lol

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #4998 on: October 30, 2011, 07:48:23 PM »

That's what happened to the last guy who asked for my advice Tongue

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #4999 on: October 30, 2011, 07:53:28 PM »

say i re boot him with  and it comes down    and he leads out should i always  re raise/shove here stack dependent? sort of things that happen and im never sure

atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #5000 on: October 30, 2011, 08:10:04 PM »

also do i win a prize for the 5000 reply?? Smiley

giveyourcash

View Profile
« Reply #5001 on: October 30, 2011, 11:00:09 PM »

My horse Paul is playing on my left, taking a shot in the game. He's a very good cash player, and was certainly +EV in this game. Anyway, I was opening quite a lot, and wider than usual when this one guy was in the straddle. Paul had 3bet me a few times, he said he had it everytime, I wasn't sure whether I believed him.  Anyway, so I open to 12 from MP on this fishes straddle. PJ 3bets me next to act to 36. Folds round to me. I hardly ever get involved in these preflop cock waving wars (honestly!) but felt like he was gonna be light here a lot, and his stack size (400 exactly I think) was perfect that if I clicked it back to 75, then he has to make a decision for his stack, and the bluff is only costing me £63 more to win 36+12+4+2+1 = 55 so I need him to fold 53% . Felt reasonable at the time. He's not the type of player to ever peel, I felt he was shoving or folding, didn't think I'd left him room to 5b fold. Because he was taking a shot in the game, I didn't think he'd 5b shove £400 with an airball very often at all. So he needs to have JJ+ AK to continue. So this is a range of 3%, so if my assumptions are correct, then he only needs to be 3betting 6.3% of the time which is certainly a reasonable assumption.

He then clicks it back to 125! Ffs he CAN 5b fold now! Arghh, didn't think he'd do that, it's so much easier when you put the bet in that makes them make the decision for the lot. Now I've seen him 5b or 6b bluff at gala before and it get through, he is aware of this I'm sure and probably fully expected me to 4b a lot of the time. We have a fair bit of history concerning preflop dynamics, thanks to the gala days so I ended up leveling myself into thinking that he was gonna be bluffing here to justify a shove. Really bad cos I'm shoving 325 more to win 125+75+4+2+1 = 207 and will have 27.6% equity when called - he needs to fold 43% of the time, which no matter how much I level myself or try and justify it, he's not. I think if I'd 4bet to 85, then he can't 5b fold cos then the click back is 145 which is 36% of his stack so maybe that's better. I'd much rather have 89ss or A3ss as 34 is pretty terrible. Actually, just looked up 89ss and it only has 28.2% equity vs QQ+, AK so that's only 0.6% more than 34ss. A3ss has 29.9% equity and I have a blocker which is pretty important. A5ss is actually the nut hand to do it with, with 30.7% equity when called (more than AJss, ATss interestingly).

I find preflop dynamics in NLHE really interesting, and I'm learning fast by making all these spewy plays! Everytime I go through it and do the maths and learn more about it. Maybe someone could come on and advise me on best 4b sizing? 85 better for the reasons I stated? In before fold pre etc etc

ANYWAY, I shoved and get snapped.

King first card out. "I've got top set" he says. I sigh (so I could pretend I had AA ldo)

6.....7.........................5 omg omg I'm such a box. "you need the board to pair" I said to him. Baffled looks from all concerned. River bricks. I shamefully roll over my cards and scoop the £800 pot. Was pretty embrassing to say the least and to do it to Paul who I stake and who was taking a shot and I really like was really nasty. It's without a doubt the worst I've ever felt raking in a pot. Sorry Paul, I'm a fkn lucky spewtard Sad

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #5002 on: October 31, 2011, 12:08:13 AM »

say i re boot him with  and it comes down    and he leads out should i always  re raise/shove here stack dependent? sort of things that happen and im never sure

Ppl never lead out into the pfr in my games. but in this case I'd probably call, you can raise a bunch of turn cards if he bets again.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« Reply #5003 on: October 31, 2011, 03:10:15 AM »

Did you stack him? Tongue
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #5004 on: October 31, 2011, 05:33:10 AM »

Did you stack him? Tongue

idiot eh?

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #5005 on: October 31, 2011, 02:39:16 PM »

Ridiculous night last night. Absolutely ridiculous. I was at a birthday party with Hannah for a few hours. The birthday girl wanted to play loads of old school childrens party games like pass the parcel and cock wars (what? ann summers sell giant inflatable cocks, they attach to your body with a velcro belt, and you wave them around until someones falls off). Was a fairly bizarre evening. Fun though.

I had to get 4 more hours of play in to get the deepstack seat and Hannah had to get up early today anyway, so we left the party early and I was in DTD for midnight. A 1/2 game got started almost straight away (should I get the hint?) and we were 6handed all night. Stevie, Mitch and I representing the Reg Team. Pinchop, Ming and Ash the taxi driver representing the away colours. It was a pretty small game, no one had more than 5 or 6 hundred really.

I ran like God and won 3.1k. There's no justice in this game. I play great in the 2/5 games and do 4k over 2 nights. I play terrible on saturday and make that awful play with the 34ss and get ridic lucky and win 1.1k. Then yesterday I get rewarded even more by winning 3k in a bowl 1/2 game. Such a ridiculous game this poker thing.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #5006 on: October 31, 2011, 03:14:03 PM »

I got so lucky vs Pinchop and Ming to stack them. Pinchop lost AA aip vs my JJ for 2 or 3 hundred. xxxxJackball on the river Smiley

I 3b bluffed with vs Ming. He did a really weird c/raise which made me think he had Kx or an airball, but I was wrong he had KQ. I realised when he called my flop 3b he had 2pair/set. Turn was , check/check. River he bets 93, I made it 290 leaving him 200 back (he didn't have another bullet so wanted to leave him some to play with otherwise he might've folded). So that was pretty damn lucky.

The biggest pot was a 2.3k pot vs Ming and Stevie.

It played out weird. Stevie raises pre, Ming flats the SB, I flat the BB with .

I donk for 10, Stevie flats, Ming makes it 30. I make it 85 to bluff Stevie and get it in with Ming who had 225 total. Then Stevie made it 205! Very surprised. Ming stands up and thinks for ages and says "OK time to go home" and shoves 225. It's an underraise so now I'm getting sick pot odds to bink a spade on the turn. it's 140 more and there's 550 out there already, and Stevie can't raise. So I call, Stevie flicks in the extra 20 or whatever it was.

Turn is a very sexy . I check, Stevie bets 240 into the dry side pot. I call. River (tyvm for no pair up mr dealer). I check. I think Stevie must have a flush too, or maybe 78. I didn't really get his line, or what he thought I had. Didn't really worry too much about it though, I had the nuts and he was betting into me. He has a £1000 plaque in his hand and chucks it in annoucing "585". Pretty sick feeling when you have the nuts on the river and someone announces a bet of £585! I shove for £315 more but he folds instantly.

Ming 55
Stevie 66 (turning it into a bluff apparently to get me off a straight)

What a life.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #5007 on: October 31, 2011, 03:32:56 PM »

Who is stevie?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #5008 on: October 31, 2011, 03:36:47 PM »

Stevie is a young guy who went to uni here but has dropped out to play poker. Has been coming in every night for the last month and is very very good, making life for us regs very tough.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #5009 on: October 31, 2011, 06:30:10 PM »

Stevie is a young guy who went to uni here but has dropped out to play poker. Has been coming in every night for the last month and is very very good, making life for us regs very tough.
every night for a month makes him more reg than a reg. he must think he is +ev tho??

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Pages: 1 ... 330 331 332 333 [334] 335 336 337 338 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: