blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:08:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 329 330 331 332 [333] 334 335 336 337 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2562913 times)
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #4980 on: October 30, 2011, 02:37:22 PM »

How did yesterday go

Yesterday was a really fun session. Well the SKY POKER 6max wasn't really tbh, had a couple of nasty coolers that I couldn't get away from. I have  on  vs  , ive raised pre he's called IP (he said after that he didn't reraise me because last hand someone had AK and they didn't hit Cheesy) I bet flop and turn, check river and he jams, can't fold cos now he can be jamming worse for value as well as bluffing. Anyway, made a quiet exit from that in level 4 or 5.

It was 6.30pm and I was planning to play for 12 hours until the club closed (got an extra hour in thanks to the clocks going back whoop). Needed to put in a long session because I was basically 15 hours play away from a deepstack seat in the cash game bonus, with yesterday and today being the only days left. So a fairly decent TR coming up...

A 1/2 table opened, it was pretty good, there was a few decent players there but me and this one guy were playing most of the pots. Didn't know who this guy was, wish I'd asked him, because when I did find out, I kicked myself for playing this one hand the way I did. He trapped me good and proper by flatting an open with kings in an awesome spot, that just worked out perfect for him and he doubled up through me for 550. I found out after that it was LOLRAISE from SKY, and he knew who I was the whole time . I even remember part of my notes on him on sky is on a hand he flatted a raise pre with KK sigh!

Thought it was a pretty massive informational advantage that he knew who I was and knew me from Blonde and SKY, it does crop up quite a lot this sort of thing and it's a bit annoying - I can play a whole day in a tournament with someone and chat to them at the end and find out he's xxx from blonde or sky and he knew who I was the whole time. No fair!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #4981 on: October 30, 2011, 02:50:45 PM »

34 hand pls

Just me
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4982 on: October 30, 2011, 03:03:25 PM »

lolraise be fish yo and I thought you knew he was my mate otherwise I woulda told ya
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #4983 on: October 30, 2011, 03:08:50 PM »

My horse Paul is playing on my left, taking a shot in the game. He's a very good cash player, and was certainly +EV in this game. Anyway, I was opening quite a lot, and wider than usual when this one guy was in the straddle. Paul had 3bet me a few times, he said he had it everytime, I wasn't sure whether I believed him.  Anyway, so I open to 12 from MP on this fishes straddle. PJ 3bets me next to act to 36. Folds round to me. I hardly ever get involved in these preflop cock waving wars (honestly!) but felt like he was gonna be light here a lot, and his stack size (400 exactly I think) was perfect that if I clicked it back to 75, then he has to make a decision for his stack, and the bluff is only costing me £63 more to win 36+12+4+2+1 = 55 so I need him to fold 53% . Felt reasonable at the time. He's not the type of player to ever peel, I felt he was shoving or folding, didn't think I'd left him room to 5b fold. Because he was taking a shot in the game, I didn't think he'd 5b shove £400 with an airball very often at all. So he needs to have JJ+ AK to continue. So this is a range of 3%, so if my assumptions are correct, then he only needs to be 3betting 6.3% of the time which is certainly a reasonable assumption.

He then clicks it back to 125! Ffs he CAN 5b fold now! Arghh, didn't think he'd do that, it's so much easier when you put the bet in that makes them make the decision for the lot. Now I've seen him 5b or 6b bluff at gala before and it get through, he is aware of this I'm sure and probably fully expected me to 4b a lot of the time. We have a fair bit of history concerning preflop dynamics, thanks to the gala days so I ended up leveling myself into thinking that he was gonna be bluffing here to justify a shove. Really bad cos I'm shoving 325 more to win 125+75+4+2+1 = 207 and will have 27.6% equity when called - he needs to fold 43% of the time, which no matter how much I level myself or try and justify it, he's not. I think if I'd 4bet to 85, then he can't 5b fold cos then the click back is 145 which is 36% of his stack so maybe that's better. I'd much rather have 89ss or A3ss as 34 is pretty terrible. Actually, just looked up 89ss and it only has 28.2% equity vs QQ+, AK so that's only 0.6% more than 34ss. A3ss has 29.9% equity and I have a blocker which is pretty important. A5ss is actually the nut hand to do it with, with 30.7% equity when called (more than AJss, ATss interestingly).

I find preflop dynamics in NLHE really interesting, and I'm learning fast by making all these spewy plays! Everytime I go through it and do the maths and learn more about it. Maybe someone could come on and advise me on best 4b sizing? 85 better for the reasons I stated? In before fold pre etc etc

ANYWAY, I shoved and get snapped.

King first card out. "I've got top set" he says. I sigh (so I could pretend I had AA ldo)

6.....7.........................5 omg omg I'm such a box. "you need the board to pair" I said to him. Baffled looks from all concerned. River bricks. I shamefully roll over my cards and scoop the £800 pot. Was pretty embrassing to say the least and to do it to Paul who I stake and who was taking a shot and I really like was really nasty. It's without a doubt the worst I've ever felt raking in a pot. Sorry Paul, I'm a fkn lucky spewtard Sad

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #4984 on: October 30, 2011, 03:28:13 PM »

The 1/2 game dies of action at 1ish and I'm winning 600. The 2/5 looks tough and I was pretty sore from the previous nights brutal session and didn't fancy it so went to the DC table! It was 5/5 but plays wayyyy smaller than a 2/5 holdem game. I sat with 200 and it's loads of fun. Really nice to have a total change of environment and share a table with Frankie, Bash, Wadey Faisel, Jaz- characters that I don't play with often - very entertaining though. Learning the DC games really quickly atm and getting better fast (not hard). Padooki is my best game and feel confident enough to make moves in that game now. Still nutpedalling hard in super stud and 6 hilo (the games picked most often), but nutpedalling seems to work well in DC!

Got dealt TTTxx in super stud so I'm obv pot pot potting as much as I can. Get in in 3ways, obviously someone has a lo so I chop it with them, but made a bit from the 3rd player allin. Got in 300 pre with some fairly budget 6hilo hand. I think It was AQJ238, nutted in diamonds, with second nut spades. first two cards out, I make a flush but Wadey has nut spades. I scoop a side pot and am even for the hand somehow.

Padooki - I get  on my button and pot it pre, bin the king and get insta service from the first draw by slowly squeezing a beautiful . I get it in vs someone who's a really decent player and he realises his T is no good so breaks it and draws. He bricks on the final two draws and I double up. They know I'm pretty new to all the games so now I'm getting to know them a bit better, I'm able to use this image to pull of a few moves. This license is probably gonna be taken away fairly soon, but enjoying it for the time being!

Won 500 on there, so 1100 for the day. Great result and a seriously fun day of cash. Only 4 more hours to play today and I get my £336 for my months troubles. That'll fund my next 6bet bluff nicely Smiley

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
b4matt

View Profile
« Reply #4985 on: October 30, 2011, 04:16:30 PM »

Playing on a cash table with someone your backing is a bad idea, i don't see how it can ever work out well for you.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #4986 on: October 30, 2011, 04:17:20 PM »

taking a shot, 5bet clicks it back for for a lil under 1/3 of his stack? seems like a great spot for 6bet  with a 3 and a 4 lolololol

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #4987 on: October 30, 2011, 04:19:25 PM »

Playing on a cash table with someone your backing is a bad idea, i don't see how it can ever work out well for you.

you kidding? playing cash vs your own money is like the ultimate freeroll, ship a £1k pot you turn to them and say "right off you go win that £500 back for me" or if you lose you just take £250 of the loss back ??

anyways he is backing him for tourneys not cash games i think

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #4988 on: October 30, 2011, 04:19:44 PM »

I back him for tournaments not cash, the two things are totally separate. I don't see the problem. Keith and Keys play with me and Mitch all the time, it's never created an issue before.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #4989 on: October 30, 2011, 04:23:52 PM »

taking a shot, 5bet clicks it back for for a lil under 1/3 of his stack? seems like a great spot for 6bet  with a 3 and a 4 lolololol

lol dont say it like that. ive seen him do  that sort of thing before, he's making the bluff as cheap as possible by minraising, and he's not commited pre so can still be bluffing. he just had it this time...Sad

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #4990 on: October 30, 2011, 04:34:12 PM »

atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #4991 on: October 30, 2011, 04:58:40 PM »

Hi Alex, great read again as usual, love the cash game reports. Question for you if you dont mind. I am always looking to improve on my game and like to hear peoples views if they are winning players, anyway I got talking to a young lad other day about tourney play and bet sizing, reraising spots and ranges etc and tbh has improved my tourney play, however i also play a regular 50p/£1 home cash game which does get quite a deep game as night goes on, 300-500 bbs. i am a tightish player by nature and there is one guy who loves making it £7/£8 to go a lot, is as lucky as fk but also a reasonable thinker. The thing i am never sure about is what sort of hands should i be 3 betting him with and what amounts, he will tend to fold more pre than if he has caught a bit of the flop. thanks

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #4992 on: October 30, 2011, 05:10:41 PM »

taking a shot, 5bet clicks it back for for a lil under 1/3 of his stack? seems like a great spot for 6bet  with a 3 and a 4 lolololol

lol dont say it like that. ive seen him do  that sort of thing before, he's making the bluff as cheap as possible by minraising, and he's not commited pre so can still be bluffing. he just had it this time...Sad

Not sure this should be the case.
Think it's  pretty bad to 4b fold much more than 25% of stack versus a player who can 5b jam light, or as a bluff (which he knows that you can).
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4993 on: October 30, 2011, 05:15:57 PM »

1) you levelled yourself

2) you put him to the ULTIMATE TEST for all his chippages

3) you made a run, therefore it's a good shove no?
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #4994 on: October 30, 2011, 05:22:23 PM »

everyone is capable of 4/5bet folding but people do it so fucking rarely

Pages: 1 ... 329 330 331 332 [333] 334 335 336 337 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: