blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:43:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 1302 1303 1304 1305 [1306] 1307 1308 1309 1310 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2557439 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19575 on: January 11, 2023, 09:38:07 AM »

Best of luck in those Alex.

Thanks Ralph. Will you or any other blondes for that matter be playing any events this week? Be good to say hi.

I'm pretty much over playing poker these days Alex - re-entries killed it for me.

I might have popped along to DTD and said hi this week but slipped and fractured my right wrist just before Xmas so currently hors de combat.

That's bad & sad Ralph, hope it mends soon. So no golf for a good while yet then?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #19576 on: January 11, 2023, 09:46:02 AM »

Thanks Ralph. Will you or any other blondes for that matter be playing any events this week? Be good to say hi.

I'm pretty much over playing poker these days Alex - re-entries killed it for me.

I might have popped along to DTD and said hi this week but slipped and fractured my right wrist just before Xmas so currently hors de combat.

That's bad & sad Ralph, hope it mends soon. So no golf for a good while yet then?

The cast comes off in a couple of weeks and hoping to be back golfing in late spring all being well.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19577 on: January 11, 2023, 09:52:09 AM »

The cast comes off in a couple of weeks and hoping to be back golfing in late spring all being well.

How did you come to fall over Ralph? Tripped up, slipped on ice or something? You always seemed pretty sure-footed to me. Good job you lost all that weight & are only a welterweight now.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #19578 on: January 11, 2023, 10:02:45 AM »

How did you come to fall over Ralph? Tripped up, slipped on ice or something? You always seemed pretty sure-footed to me. Good job you lost all that weight & are only a welterweight now.

I was walking out of Sainsburys in Arnold with a small bag of shopping in my left hand and suddenly I was flying through the air and landed on my right side - the floor in the lobby was like a skating rink and there was no sign warning of that. Never ever broken anything before.

I'll be making a claim but it's not been easy doing everything with my left hand.

Sorry for the derail Alex.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19579 on: January 11, 2023, 12:08:36 PM »

Blimey Ralph, that's a serious injury for a bloke who lives alone.

If you need anything, (Well, almost anything) let me know.

The older I get, the better I was.
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #19580 on: January 11, 2023, 12:12:14 PM »

Great stuff Alex. Loving the honesty, and that the poker player scumbag myth isn’t a myth. So good that you have so many more strings to your bow, and that you’ve not sacrificed a solid family life. Please also feel feel free to backtrack and elaborate on Gambia or Joe King (although I think you may have touched on JK previously)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #19581 on: January 11, 2023, 05:13:33 PM »

Very good :-)

sola virtus nobilitat
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #19582 on: January 12, 2023, 09:26:55 AM »

Very good :-)

Yep, decent.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #19583 on: January 13, 2023, 09:44:53 AM »

Always great to be back at DTD.

Met up with Stato, Mitch and Keith for a bit of Giggling Squid before the £1k "hiroller". Keith paid. Morale was high. I was very excited to play. Tournaments get me every time. £1k with a 30 minute clock where you know everyone in the field - it's a fun format - and winnable without having to be disgustingly lucky. Bring it on.

I was one of the first out.

Two Clubs vs Boz blind vs blind on a runout - vs . Very cold sure, but can I fold to the river 120k check jam when I bet 40k into 30k? You're not supposed to but feels like I've never not been shown 76 in that spot!

Better luck on the second bullet - early double up vs Mad Turk, the cooler nicely in my favour this time where we both turn two pair and get it in.

Some time later, my man Stato opens to 12k in the hijack off around 150k at 3/6k, Mad Turk calls cutoff and the button and sb call, and I look down at the lovely As . I have 270k and only Turk covers me. Given that I'm around 25bb effective with Stato (and would dearly love to knock him out) I shove, thinking Mad Turk's never calling (I hear he's not so mad these days?). Anyway, obviously he does call - though to be fair he had which I thought he would 3bet to get it in vs Stato with.

I don't lose big flips in DTD though.

Didn't win many other pots. I tried to bluff Wadey foolishly (who hasn't?) and bagged up 415k going back to 20k bb. 32 players out of 130 remain. Restart 1pm today. Ian Gazza also made day 2, with 700k, and has 3m in day 2 of the £200 warmup also. They start an hour apart...what's his plan?! The stacks are worth similar amounts I'd imagine (3-4k each?) Jog between tables he says. I heard you can't multitable in DTD tournaments though. I might have to call a ruling if he's on my table and I need to nick a few blinds...

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19584 on: January 13, 2023, 09:55:32 AM »

A Tourney Report on blonde, the good times are back.

Good luck today Alex, & of course GL to Mr Gascoigne too.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #19585 on: January 13, 2023, 10:39:30 AM »

Yeah this, gl Alex.

Why can't you multitable DTD?  Your cards should be dead if not at the table when dealt, but should be ok if you don't leave out of turn.  I would never do it, just can't afford the lost equity, but seen people multitable WSOP with tables further apart than possible in DTD.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #19586 on: January 13, 2023, 10:43:12 AM »

I had a quick look online for live updates last night but couldn't find any - anyone know where they might be found?

Best of luck Alex

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #19587 on: January 13, 2023, 10:48:55 AM »

I had a quick look online for live updates last night but couldn't find any - anyone know where they might be found?

Best of luck Alex

Now that you mention it, I didn’t see Tighty walking around with his notepad…

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19588 on: January 13, 2023, 01:07:15 PM »

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #19589 on: January 13, 2023, 01:44:12 PM »

Gazza on my right! He’s already doubled up to 5m in the £200 AK > KK of Tim Chung and is now focussing on the £1k.

With the way he’s playing, I can’t quite work out whether I want him here or not!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Pages: 1 ... 1302 1303 1304 1305 [1306] 1307 1308 1309 1310 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: