blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:07:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Diary Of A Fenland Punterer
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 63 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diary Of A Fenland Punterer  (Read 143189 times)
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: January 11, 2011, 11:30:00 AM »

British racing is almost totally bent , never ever bet before a race

Don't really (or really don't) agree with this, I have to say.

You're right in looking to see how the race might unfold (on paper) but strongly disagree with the "never bet before a race" advise.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 11, 2011, 11:38:02 AM »

Pokerz sure was fun at the G tonight. Had a Nirvana-like potential 'let's go to the car park' moment with Tattoos Of Berks (TOB). Kept it quiet when Nirvana came to the table later though. He'd have had way too much fun with that.

All pretty gay really. At 100-200 I rised to 525, Tattoos Of Berks re-rised to 1450. I called, as you do with 5 8 spades.
Flop 2 5 7. Check, 1200, call.
Turn 6 spades, giving me up and down str8 flush draw, check, 1500, call.
River 7, so I missed. Bet 3500. Value bet obv. Dwell-fold from TOB.
Can't resist showing. Show most of my hands in truth. And the chat goes something like...

TOB: "You call my re-raise with that shit?"
Me: "Yup, suited connectors obv."
TOB (getting huffy): "&*%*& rubdown, turning your cards over."
Me: "Turning cards over is a rubdown?"

That was pretty much it. I think. May have been a bit more but I was crying inside by now. He sure looked pleased. Simon G might confirm anything else.

Get over yourself ffs. If you can't handle that sort of nothingness, play online and turn the chat box off. Normally a sign of pokering financial difficulties innit?

Anyhoo, built up to around 30k at 400-800. Pretty raise-respectful table for a £50er and me and Simon G were pretty much taking it in turns. Then...

Donk makes it 2800, I decide to get trappy in the SB with KK, BB calls as expected. Flop J94, lead for 3500, BB folds, Donk shoves for 12k total. I call. He has A4. 4 on the river.
At 600-1200 I make it 3050 with 77. BB calls. Flop ace high, call one 1200 bet on the turn to try and river a set, then give up.
Raise to 2900 with 44. Are dee opposite shoves for another 4k. Call obv. He has Q9. Queen obv.
Shove 13k with AQ. Talk A4 man from earlier into calling with A10. Backdoor flush. Sigh.

Meanwhile, returning Luton legend Dick Lynch joins the table short stacked. With 8k, he makes it 2k on the button. Tight guy in the BB calls, leaving 4.5k back. Flop 10 7 5. BB shoves with A10. Uncle Dicky has a think and makes the call with AJ, leaving 1.5k behind. Any guesses as to the turn?

Making metagame moves agianst big tattooed oafs is -ev in my experience.

Great report though.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
lutonrover

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 11, 2011, 11:42:21 AM »

Carry on Boldie ....and good luck with that project

cheers

R
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 11, 2011, 11:45:44 AM »

Last time I had a bet pre-race when not at the course?...Dunno, too long ago. Another part of the reason why I'm such a shit tipster these days prob.

You tried IR Boldie? I wouldn't go quite as far as Lutonrover but I wouldn't have anything to do with the all-weather pre. Ever! That double landed by the Quinlans at Lingfield last week was just lolutastic.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: January 11, 2011, 11:50:27 AM »

Last time I had a bet pre-race when not at the course?...Dunno, too long ago. Another part of the reason why I'm such a shit tipster these days prob.

You tried IR Boldie? I wouldn't go quite as far as Lutonrover but I wouldn't have anything to do with the all-weather pre. Ever! That double landed by the Quinlans at Lingfield last week was just lolutastic.

I tried IR but find that the guys on course have the edge as pics are ussually delayed (even by a small amount that makes a big difference). I find that the jumps season is better suited to me doing Ir betting however I don't always find the time to watch a race that I have a bet in live. I don't bet on the AW..Try to stick to higher grade racing and all that stuff.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 11, 2011, 01:17:38 PM »

Got any good jokes? Winter flu seems to be a hot topic atm, so something on that subject please.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 11, 2011, 01:57:10 PM »

Damn that multi-dimensional Dick Lynch. Obv he goes on to finish fourth after that incredible effort with AJ. And I want a complementary 20% for giving me a bad neck.
I blame him completely for my table posture, the one-elbow-on-back-of-chair pose. Subconscious respect. Will try anything to run like him. But having your neck at 45 degress for hours on end, or several minutes in my case obv, can't do it any good.
It was either Fenland Physio Centre or Chinese Acupuncute place this moring. Physios only ever give you exercises to do in my experience. To be done daily. No interest in that thanks, just fix it and send me on my way please.
So I thought I'd give acupuncture a go. Not that it got that far. Consultation with interpreter turning fenland drawl into mandarin - 20mins, neck massage - 30mins. Then told him I had a car park ticket that ran out at 1pm. Not strictly true, wanted to play the 1.00 Leicester IR.
And I thought I'd see if the deep tissue massage did any good before letting him jab needles in me. Does feel a lot looser tbf.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 11, 2011, 01:58:41 PM »

Thoughts on Fergie's return?

fair price for you to reach playoffs now?

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 11, 2011, 02:03:32 PM »

Would still take Eddie Howe but that's about a million to one. Probably best if he stays at Bournemouth though. Backed them +ridic no. of points on the handicap pre.

mucho respect to the man. 4 clubs after him, 2 offering to at least double his wages and he chooses to stay put. not much loyalty like that around nowadays. personally I think he's crazy though

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 11, 2011, 02:11:31 PM »

Would still take Eddie Howe but that's about a million to one. Probably best if he stays at Bournemouth though. Backed them +ridic no. of points on the handicap pre.

mucho respect to the man. 4 clubs after him, 2 offering to at least double his wages and he chooses to stay put. not much loyalty like that around nowadays. personally I think he's crazy though

TBH I can't blame any manager for leaving any club if he's offered a better deal.

I remember a few years ago Chris Casper was in a similar position to Eddie Howe, everyone was raving about the job he was doing at Bury and he was in the frame for lots of other jobs. But he chose to stay.

Bury failed to get promotion and sold a couple of players (Bournemouth have sold Pitman and McQuoid) and suddenly they went downhill (pretty quickly).

About a year after he was the hottest property in the lower divsions Casper was sacked and unable to get another managers job.

Howe is indeed crazy not to take the dosh now.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: January 11, 2011, 02:14:31 PM »

Go for the acupuncture...it's loverly

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 11, 2011, 02:15:24 PM »

Got a lot of admiration for Howe

He obviously is a loyal sort. Indeed I think i read that when Bournemouth were in admin supporters clubbed together to pay his wages and he wants to repay that faith in him now

That said, as is said above, that sort of loyalty has a nasty habit of not being repaid in football. I hope it doesn't backfire on him

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 11, 2011, 02:17:59 PM »

Got a lot of admiration for Howe

He obviously is a loyal sort. Indeed I think i read that when Bournemouth were in admin supporters clubbed together to pay his wages and he wants to repay that faith in him now

That said, as is said above, that sort of loyalty has a nasty habit of not being repaid in football. I hope it doesn't backfire on him

Compared to the squads of the other teams near the top of Division 1, Bournemnouth should have zero chance of promotion.

But they keep on bloody winning!

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 11, 2011, 02:29:06 PM »

Yes, and if it carries on for a few months he'll get a top Championship job in the summer. No disrespect to Crystal Palace, but there are challenges there that a job at say Derby, Burnley or Norwich (to pick three top half Champ jobs at random) don't have..ie he would stand more chance of success there

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 11, 2011, 02:29:46 PM »

Ferguson, D    1/10
Oldfield, D    6
Blackwell, K   10
Paul Tisdale    10
Robson, M    10
Andy Scott    12
Hart, P    12

Looking like a done deal then. Would still love to know why he went to Preston but would be OK with him coming back. Obv him and Daragh have kissed and made up.
He'll be taking over one of the best squads in the league and am expecting Boydy to have a blinder tonight. Should take care of Brentford and will have a few quid on us scoring 4+ at 7.2 for a bit of interest.
Prediction is that, if he does take over as looks likely, he'll get us up again, we'll be bottom of the Championship next December, and he'll go to Ipswich or somewhere.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 63 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: