blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:22:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 ... 242 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up  (Read 489635 times)
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: February 03, 2013, 07:14:55 PM »

I'll try to be a little less aggressive sounding, but come on it's a football discussion, they're kinda aggressive by nature no?...

There's nothing naturally aggressive about talking about football, just as there's nothing naturally aggressive about talking about rugby, or golf, or snooker or any other game or sport. Just because so many football fans make it aggressive - doesn't make it natural.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
jackinbeat

View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: February 03, 2013, 07:28:53 PM »

Baron and Jon, I hear and understand what you are both saying, but you're mistaking aggression for mindless violence. Football always has been tribal, tribal rituals can be aggressive sounding, banging drums, etc, like the all blacks and their haka, it might seem aggressive to some, but at heart it's just a display of manliness, and the aggression doesn't necessarily develop to violence.

Baron, ok, I wasn't getting personal as such, just commenting on the fact that football teams need local football fans to support their local teams. Being a United fan, I have some good friends from Liverpool who I enjoy some great football discussions with, and we all sigh at fans from out of town, sorry if you think it's personal, but it's not.

What do I get, no sleep at night.
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1172 on: February 03, 2013, 07:37:40 PM »

Baron and Jon, I hear and understand what you are both saying, but you're mistaking aggression for mindless violence. Football always has been tribal, tribal rituals can be aggressive sounding, banging drums, etc, like the all blacks and their haka, it might seem aggressive to some, but at heart it's just a display of manliness, and the aggression doesn't necessarily develop to violence.

Baron, ok, I wasn't getting personal as such, just commenting on the fact that football teams need local football fans to support their local teams. Being a United fan, I have some good friends from Liverpool who I enjoy some great football discussions with, and we all sigh at fans from out of town, sorry if you think it's personal, but it's not.

Do you know where Baron is from?

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
jackinbeat

View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: February 03, 2013, 08:55:11 PM »

Do you know where Baron is from?

Milton Keynes unless his profile is wrong, i see the 52off on your posts, gutshot old boy by any chance?

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: February 04, 2013, 09:38:52 AM »

9 points clear in Feb and Mankini already conceding that City will need to win every game. Still wont be enough will it ?

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
jackinbeat

View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: February 04, 2013, 03:17:25 PM »

9 points clear in Feb and Mankini already conceding that City will need to win every game. Still wont be enough will it ?

He'll never out mind game Fergie, way too early to start thinking this way, give it a month, maybe we'll start playing some half decent football by then. 

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: February 04, 2013, 03:25:46 PM »

He out minded him last year

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
sweet potata!

View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: February 04, 2013, 03:29:36 PM »

Exactly
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: February 04, 2013, 03:58:21 PM »

debatable

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
jackinbeat

View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: February 04, 2013, 04:18:21 PM »

Really, last year the mind games didn't really factor imho, although SAF is not as sharp as he once was. Liked his one hand on the trophy bit last week though.

jackinbeat

View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: February 04, 2013, 04:21:17 PM »

Would be good to debate, sometimes there's a lot a bold statements here without any facts or even thoughts to back them up, realise i'm guilty of that too, well occasionally.

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: February 04, 2013, 04:25:58 PM »

Mancini was saying we were favourites even going into the last game. Think it took a lot of pressure off city

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: February 04, 2013, 04:41:39 PM »

Mancini was saying we were favourites even going into the last game. Think it took a lot of pressure off city

lol gimme a break mate
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: February 04, 2013, 04:55:57 PM »

lol gimme a break mate

Fergie has been the master when it comes to mind games. Can't dismiss the same when another manager finds a way to motivate his side.

In the grand scheme of things they probably don't have a huge impact but to ignore the impact would be wrong IMO.

Think united will clinch it now- probably gonna be a twist somewhere down the line tho

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
jackinbeat

View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: February 04, 2013, 05:19:24 PM »

Nothing to do with QPR hearing they were safe, and just deciding to stop playing then. You a United fan George?

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 ... 242 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: