blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:22:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144 145 ... 242 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up  (Read 490214 times)
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #2100 on: August 30, 2015, 08:25:07 PM »

lol course Im kidding

Phew Smiley

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: August 30, 2015, 08:29:54 PM »

how can MUFC can spend $475M on new players since Sir Alex left, & have 1 senior striker (if Hernandez leaves)?

It's incredible.

If you find out the answer to this question, please share it with me. I am at a loss to understand what LVG is attempting.

Wish I knew the answer to Tikay's question about Giggs too.

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: August 30, 2015, 08:51:24 PM »

Do LvG & Ryan Giggs not get on?

Their body language on the bench today very much suggests as much.

Does the role of "Assistant Manager" mean much?

Pat Rice held that title at Arsenal for many years, & he seemed a lovely chap, but it was hard to see what he bought to the party.

Brian Kidd is the "Co-Assistant Manager" (Ha!) @ Man C, does he really yield much influence?

Watching them today, I could not help but think of what a difference a Keane, Bruce or Schmichael would have made, there does not seem to be any dominant characters there.

In case anyone gets uppity, I'm neither pro nor anti Man U. I used to relish the prospect of a Man U game though, there was always an excitement, a buzz, the knowledge that they would batter almost any team, & fight tooth & nail to the bitter end. Now it all seems a bit mundane, somehow.

I hope they eventually get back on track, but they seem destined for a good few years in the relative doldrums yet.    

Influence? Probably not a huge amount, no. But it speaks volumes that when Pellegrini came in and cleared the decks for his own staff, Kidd is still there. Highly regarded amongst the players, whilst he may not have a big say on who plays week in week out, he is a great bridge between the senior management and the players. He knows the league inside out, you can't put a price on that kind of stuff.

If it's not remiss of me to say, it is probably quite a comparable relationship between Kidd and City and you and Sky poker. And I mean that in a very complimentary way.

Apart from Kidd doesn't fuck up UKOPs promos and have to explain that to the powers that be Wink

Best Bitter.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: September 01, 2015, 01:02:12 PM »

What is van Gaal up to? MUFC now really short of top-class 1. strikers; 2. defenders; 3. goalkeepers. Still plenty of midfielders & wingers

not trolling, just trying to understand what his strategy is Man U fans

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: September 01, 2015, 01:54:05 PM »

What is van Gaal up to? MUFC now really short of top-class 1. strikers; 2. defenders; 3. goalkeepers. Still plenty of midfielders & wingers

I dont know, I just simply to get it.

If we had bought one top class striker and one top class CB I would have been happy this summer, we seemed to have sold everything and bought things we dont need. Madness

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: September 01, 2015, 02:40:55 PM »

I dont know, I just simply to get it.

If we had bought one top class striker and one top class CB I would have been happy this summer, we seemed to have sold everything and bought things we dont need. Madness

77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2106 on: September 11, 2015, 01:18:09 AM »

Saturday could be the first time Liverpool and Manchester United have ever play with neither team fielding a locally grown player.

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: September 11, 2015, 02:51:16 AM »

De Gea in contract talks now. Surely not?!?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: September 11, 2015, 09:38:53 AM »

That's what the media seem to be suggesting. If true, a most unexpected turn of events, which invites an array of speculation as to what may or may not happen next year.

All very odd.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: September 11, 2015, 09:42:54 AM »

Maybe that was his plan all along?

What I find quite interesting is how prickly & defensive he is getting already with the Media. They are on his case, & he is biting. If he is the top class Manager Man U need, he should be able to rise above that. Don't think SAF was ever too defensive in such matters, he was very much a front foot man. He just banned any aggressive Media types, bless him.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: September 11, 2015, 10:22:55 AM »

That's what the media seem to be suggesting. If true, a most unexpected turn of events, which invites an array of speculation as to what may or may not happen next year.

All very odd.

No doubt the Release Clause will form a key part of the negotiations.

david3103

View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: September 11, 2015, 10:31:14 AM »

Tikay, you asked why Martial wouldn't play against Liverpool.

I'm more inclined to ask why he would. He's 19, has only played a comparatively small number of games in a very different league. Would you throw him into a game of the stature of this when he's only had a few days to train with his new colleagues?

I'd expect to see the stronger players selected for this.

Something like...

De Gea
Darmian, Smalling, Blind, Shaw
Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger
Mata, Herrera, Fellaini/Rooney
Rooney/Depay

Think Carrick plays instead of one of the Sch's if he has recovered from the knock that kept him out of the England squad.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: September 11, 2015, 10:34:42 AM »

All very odd.

No doubt the Release Clause will form a key part of the negotiations.

That was exactly my first thought.

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: September 11, 2015, 10:35:03 AM »

I'm more inclined to ask why he would. He's 19, has only played a comparatively small number of games in a very different league. Would you throw him into a game of the stature of this when he's only had a few days to train with his new colleagues?

Something like...

De Gea
Rooney/Depay

Think Carrick plays instead of one of the Sch's if he has recovered from the knock that kept him out of the England squad.

You can see why United fans are unhappy.

With the notable exception of Mata, there isn't much creativity in that side considering all the money that's been spent.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: September 11, 2015, 10:39:26 AM »

Something like...

De Gea
Rooney/Depay

Me? I'd play him, yes. They paid an arm & a leg for him, best thing since sliced bread, & even with my rudimentary knowledge of football, Man U are desperately in need of someone who can score goals, to assist Rooney & Co.

When Malcolm Macdonald signed for Newcastle he was just 20 or 21 as I recall, & scored a hat trick on his very first game - against, spookily, Liverpool. 

Really, considering what they paid, I'd want him to be in the team from the get go. At that price, he's not supposed to be a work in progress, surely?

Pages: 1 ... 137 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144 145 ... 242 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: