blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:52:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 141 142 [143] 144 145 146 147 ... 242 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up  (Read 489918 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2130 on: September 15, 2015, 09:32:04 PM »

nice

Southampton FC ‏@SouthamptonFC 23m23 minutes ago

We'd like to send our best wishes to @LukeShaw23 following his injury while playing for #MUFC tonight. Come back stronger, Luke.

Luke Shaw Verified account
‏@LukeShaw23

@SouthamptonFC thank you , you don't know how much you as a club mean to me , thank you so much I really appreciate it

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: September 15, 2015, 09:33:42 PM »

Lovely lad, hope he makes a full recovery. Such a shame as he has looked back to his best this season as well for club and country.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: September 15, 2015, 11:15:11 PM »

Looked horrible, just hope that he can make a full recovery.

Schweinsteiger appeared to have a phantom fracture in sympathy.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: September 15, 2015, 11:25:59 PM »

there isn't much creativity in that side considering all the money that's been spent.

You could say the same about Liverpool Keith.

Oh I disagree with this David.

Plenty of creativity in the Liverpool squad (Coutinho, Lallana, Firmino, Allen) just seems like Brendan can't work out the best way to turn the talent in the squad into a decent team.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
TL900

View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: September 16, 2015, 12:55:33 AM »

there isn't much creativity in that side considering all the money that's been spent.

Plenty of creativity in the Liverpool squad (Coutinho, Lallana, Firmino, Allen) just seems like Brendan can't work out the best way to turn the talent in the squad into a decent team.

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: September 16, 2015, 04:39:27 AM »

Allen Cheesy

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: September 16, 2015, 10:59:07 AM »

I think you could say the same about United Keith. There are creative players there, *(Depay, Rooney, Herrera, Mata) but the LVG philosophy appears to stifle much of it.

*an equivalence of talent in my view, but am prepared to debate it.

david3103

View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: September 16, 2015, 11:09:25 AM »

Moving on

What went wrong last night?

We didn't convert dominance into goals, again. We allowed ourselves to be caught by sucker punches when the LVG philosophy of possession possession possession fell down through some poor decision making, or poor passes.

Not at all impressed by Schweinsteiger, he seems to slow the game to walking pass every time he gets the ball. Indeed, there were times in the second half where he slowed it to a standstill. I know I am harking back to a golden age, but Scholes, Keane, Butt etc were dynamic both on and off the ball. Carrick looks forward and looks to move the ball quickly, Schweinsteiger just doesn't. Last night Smalling looked the most effective midfielder (had he scored when he burst through from the halfway line people would have been rapturous in their admiration).

Finally,
Get well soon Luke Shaw. Couple of pins and a few weeks on crutches and hopefully he'll be right as rain by the new year.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2138 on: September 16, 2015, 11:30:21 AM »

Finally,
Get well soon Luke Shaw.

Yes, hate to see that happen to anyone.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: September 16, 2015, 11:39:42 AM »

Thoughts on Depay?

Looks about as 1 footed a player as I've ever seen. And I watch Adam Johnson every week. (When hes not in Nick) ((Nick means jail, not a 15 year old boy))
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: September 16, 2015, 11:48:06 AM »

Basti I think has been great, he looks so solid and rarely gives the ball away.

He fits well within louis philosophy which I'm growing to live with, it may not be sexy but we are not going to have another fergie popping up anytime soon.

Look at Jose and the style of football he has played over the past few years. Boring but effective (this season apart)

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: September 16, 2015, 11:49:42 AM »

Thoughts on Depay?

Looks about as 1 footed a player as I've ever seen. And I watch Adam Johnson every week. (When hes not in Nick) ((Nick means jail, not a 15 year old boy))

Not been blown away yet and I still prefer young on the left, where I sit at old Trafford we get the left side first half attack and depay looks slow with only one move to get past a defender, I don't want to give the game away to much but he cuts back inside off from the left onto his right to cross/shoot, every single time!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: September 16, 2015, 04:06:11 PM »

I think you could say the same about United Keith. There are creative players there, *(Depay, Rooney, Herrera, Mata) but the LVG philosophy appears to stifle much of it.

I wouldn't call Depay, Rooney or Herrera particularly creative.

They are all excellent players when they are on form obviously, but they are unlikely to play the killer ball players like Scholes or Giggs used to.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: September 16, 2015, 04:08:26 PM »

I wouldn't call Depay, Rooney or Herrera particularly creative.

They are all excellent players when they are on form obviously, but they are unlikely to play the killer ball players like Scholes or Giggs used to.

It would be nice to have some more forward passes, they dont even have to be killer!

"ace high"

c4ught

View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: September 16, 2015, 05:09:31 PM »

Moving on

What went wrong last night?

We didn't convert dominance into goals, again. We allowed ourselves to be caught by sucker punches when the LVG philosophy of possession possession possession fell down through some poor decision making, or poor passes.

Not at all impressed by Schweinsteiger, he seems to slow the game to walking pass every time he gets the ball. Indeed, there were times in the second half where he slowed it to a standstill. I know I am harking back to a golden age, but Scholes, Keane, Butt etc were dynamic both on and off the ball. Carrick looks forward and looks to move the ball quickly, Schweinsteiger just doesn't. Last night Smalling looked the most effective midfielder (had he scored when he burst through from the halfway line people would have been rapturous in their admiration).

Finally,
Get well soon Luke Shaw. Couple of pins and a few weeks on crutches and hopefully he'll be right as rain by the new year.

From what I saw last night he definitely had a few looks but never actually made the pass. Do you think that is just because he is cautious or team mates not offering in a space he wants to pass to?

I thought the same as BorntoBubble has been solid and rarely loses possession.
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 141 142 [143] 144 145 146 147 ... 242 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: