blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:35:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 242 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up  (Read 488098 times)
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: January 10, 2011, 08:30:07 PM »

That post of the league table above simplifies why I hate (for lack of a better word) Man Yoo/Chelsea gloryhunters.

I just don't get the point in doing that? I wouldn't do it if roles were reversed. I'd be more likely to laugh at Chelsea in George's position, as it's been known from the start that Liverpool would be lucky to hit Europa League. Liverpool are where they should be.

Chelsea, on the other hand...should be up with MU, not 9 points below.

Would someone please explain the need for posts like that relating to a football team. Just makes the poster(s) look childish.

and posting the image of a Howard Webb in a man u shirt is ok? Plus all the haters posting?

I started this thread at the request of a few sensitive Liverpool fans and all its been used as a I hate man u thread.

The Howard Webb thing is stupid. He's a ref, he can make mistakes. FYI, I agreed with the Gerrard red and thought the pen was ridic soft. As people have said, we'd have prob got the same had it been Anfield.

Just looks petty and juvenile from both sides. It's 2 football clubs ffs, not life and death.
Wasn`t it Shankly that said football is greater than life or death ?

He said it was more important than that.

( I misread quoted passage, making my post, this one, useless, I could delete but left it as a warning against speed/sleep reading)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 09:13:45 PM by Robert HM » Logged

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 10, 2011, 08:56:00 PM »

I started this thread at the request of a few sensitive Liverpool fans and all its been used as a I hate man u thread.

What you need to start doing is posting 7 billion paragraphs worth of text from some biased journalist in this thread. That only supporters of that team could be arsed reading.

sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 10, 2011, 10:03:21 PM »

What you need to start doing is posting 7 billion paragraphs worth of text from some biased journalist in this thread. That only supporters of that team could be arsed reading.

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 10, 2011, 11:34:07 PM »

I consider it abs genius that the liverpool fans got you to start a utd hate thread

Lol exactly
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 10, 2011, 11:35:31 PM »

Keeps most of the trolls away except the really bitters. Wink
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 11, 2011, 12:18:09 AM »

I find no reason to hate man yoo as my team doesn't compete with them.One thing that I can 100% gte is I'm in no way jealous of Man yoo fans who get to celebrate a trophy pretty much every year as Newcastle winning one trophy in my lifetime will feel 10x better than 99% of Man yoo's fans feel about there continued success.

I'd also say it's not just about going to games and having a season ticket.I used to go to every home game and most away games but now I hardly go but I still have that desire inside me of wishing my team to do well.I feel sorry for those who are glory supporters and will never get that feeling.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 11, 2011, 09:46:40 AM »

The Baron wants to know United fans views on Financial Fair Play - will it affect Manchester United?

The club says 'no' - but then they would say that wouldn't they...

The early analysis in May suggested that United only acheved a profit in the last accounts because of the sale of Ronaldo and that they might struggle to mee the criteria in future years. I'm sure this brought a smile for many supporters of ther clubs.

More considered analysis now suggests that we are aongst the better managed clubs - The Times Financial Fair Play League which attributes a weighting to points gained in the league based on a number of financial well-being factors had United in 6th at the 29th November (I won't pay a subscription and can't find a more up to date table). Chelsea were a surprising 10th and two of the bottom three spots were occupied by Citeh and Liverpool. Arsenal and THFC were 3rd and 5th respectively.

This table doesn't necessarily show that we will be safe under the new rules, but it does show that our administrative management is as on the ball as SAF's team and I certainly have no fears about our ability to meet these requirements without reducing our effectiveness as a football team.

I'd be seriously surprised if either Chelsea or Liverpool failed the test when the time comes - I'd be less surprised if Citeh failed, but I'd still be surprised. It would be an act of suicidal folly to allow your club to miss out on the benefits of CL or even Europa League football and all clubs will be looking at ways of converting loans to 'investment' and rebalancig their wages/income equation.

The rules will remove the benefits of mega-wealthy ownership - not something that United have ever had the benefit from

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 11, 2011, 05:51:01 PM »

"I hear a lot about the fans - that most of the people from Manchester are City fans." - Dzeko

He'll fit in well I reckon.
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 12, 2011, 12:07:19 AM »

The Baron wants to know United fans views on Financial Fair Play - will it affect Manchester United?

The club says 'no' - but then they would say that wouldn't they...

The early analysis in May suggested that United only acheved a profit in the last accounts because of the sale of Ronaldo and that they might struggle to mee the criteria in future years. I'm sure this brought a smile for many supporters of ther clubs.

More considered analysis now suggests that we are aongst the better managed clubs - The Times Financial Fair Play League which attributes a weighting to points gained in the league based on a number of financial well-being factors had United in 6th at the 29th November (I won't pay a subscription and can't find a more up to date table). Chelsea were a surprising 10th and two of the bottom three spots were occupied by Citeh and Liverpool. Arsenal and THFC were 3rd and 5th respectively.

This table doesn't necessarily show that we will be safe under the new rules, but it does show that our administrative management is as on the ball as SAF's team and I certainly have no fears about our ability to meet these requirements without reducing our effectiveness as a football team.

I'd be seriously surprised if either Chelsea or Liverpool failed the test when the time comes - I'd be less surprised if Citeh failed, but I'd still be surprised. It would be an act of suicidal folly to allow your club to miss out on the benefits of CL or even Europa League football and all clubs will be looking at ways of converting loans to 'investment' and rebalancig their wages/income equation.

The rules will remove the benefits of mega-wealthy ownership - not something that United have ever had the benefit from

Maybe I have it wrong then I thought it was much more than wages vs income etc. I thought it was created so that if you were a club in debt (and Utds is very long term debt) then you couldn't compete in European competition and the sanctions may be as severe as transfer embargos.

In fact I cant find one link that tells us exactly what it does.
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 12, 2011, 01:13:38 AM »

Clubs could be banned from European competition from the 2014/15 season onwards if they do not comply with new financial rules.

The rules state clubs must break even over a three-year period.

Club owners will be allowed to put in up to €15million a year but only as equity, not a loan. This figure will then drop to €10million annually.

Clubs will be able to spend as much as they want on stadiums, training facilities and youth football.

UEFA will have a range of sanctions from warnings to a transfer ban to exclusion from European tournaments.

Across Europe, total club income in 2009 rose 4.8% to €11.7billion, but expenditure was a 9.3% increase to €12.9billion, making a €1.2billion deficit.

Most of the expenditure goes on player wages and one in three European clubs spent 70% or more of their income on salaries.

56% of European clubs ended 2009 in the red.

One in four clubs spent €6 for every €5 they earned.

A drop in transfer activity has reduced income by 5% to clubs in Scotland, France, Portugal and Holland.

English top-flight clubs are comfortably the richest in Europe with average revenue of €122million - five times higher than Holland and Russia.

Germany is second with average earnings of €86million.

Scottish top-flight clubs' average revenue in 2009 was €16m, the League of Ireland €1.3m, Northern Ireland 0.7m and Wales 0.3m .

Clubs will be monitored if there are warning signs such as: recording a loss in any year; spending more than 70% of revenue on wages; having overdue football-related payments or tax debts; high level of debts.

As with a tax declaration, the onus is on the clubs to provide the correct information to UEFA and they will be subject to spot-checks and face sanctions if they do not do so.

National associations will initially grant the licences but UEFA will have spot-checks to make sure that the rules are being applied correctly.

From my understanding this makes interest on your debt a huge problem.
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 12, 2011, 06:23:06 AM »

Notionally the high level of debt for Man U sounds like it could be a problem, but as suggested before the exact definition of who holds the debt could be the simple way that it isn't.

More generally, as far as I'm aware, the club is run very well financially - huge operating profit, less than 50% of turnover spent on wages etc - so even if they get flagged with warning signs, they probably wouldn't face sanctions (as long as it's looked at by accountants and not done politically)

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 12, 2011, 10:30:22 AM »

Fans who have just turned up in the last 5 years and think Chelsea are a big club

this

more so than any ever club

lol bullshit, quantify this.

Look at Man United, any of their fans actually live in Manc?

errmmm Yes?

7,808 of them with season tickets  according to the last (only?) study of where season ticket holders for the two Manchester clubs live (2001) found that there were more Manchester Postcodes on the Old Traffod list than there were on the Maine Rd list. Yet Citeh continue to claim the 'local' tag.
Loads more in the peripheral postcodes too.

Do Chelsea fans all live in Chelsea?

What's this as a proportion of the stadia?

Rather than clog the celery thread I'll respond to this here - Capacity in those years was around 65,000 so it's about 12%.
There were another 3500 or so that lived in the surrounding postcodes too - making c18%

The data is all rather old now, but it does rather kill the myth about MUFC supporters all living in Surrey... (which of course is actually a hotbed of Chelsea support)

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: January 12, 2011, 11:25:56 AM »

"I hear a lot about the fans - that most of the people from Manchester are City fans." - Dzeko

He'll fit in well I reckon.

Yeah I giggled when he said that

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: January 12, 2011, 11:29:37 AM »

Clubs will be able to spend as much as they want on stadiums, training facilities and youth football.

so just pay £25mill for a youngster then, job done

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 12, 2011, 12:42:36 PM »

I'm still puzzled over why they would have gone for two if they'd have scored.

you posted at 21-16 presumably? a td makes it 21-22 which in the last few seconds is effectively the same as 21-23 as the chances of scoring a safety are basically zero. a 2 pointer though makes it a 3 point game so they can give up a fg and still go to ot. then a philly td screws your spread

Ahh, I get it now. Cheers.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 242 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: