blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 11:44:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272572 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 173 174 [175] 176 177 178 179 ... 242 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up  (Read 488601 times)
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #2610 on: May 27, 2016, 10:47:07 PM »

Lol at Hart ever signing for your lot.

You might be able to tempt Big Willy though, which is kinda ironic seeing as you've just hired a massive cock.

Nice reasonable debate till the City fans turn up :p

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: May 27, 2016, 11:19:00 PM »

Remarkable how quick we have all written off Leicester.

Not sure people are writing them off tbh. They're seventh favourites with the bookies which feels about right. Writing them off would, in my opinion, be saying that they're going to go back to finishing in the bottom half/fighting relegation.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: May 27, 2016, 11:24:03 PM »

It was an anomaly. They happen.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: May 27, 2016, 11:30:46 PM »

will they go from being the best team in the league to 7th best
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: May 27, 2016, 11:57:07 PM »

Depends where they finish

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: May 27, 2016, 11:57:45 PM »

Chelsea have raised lowered the bar on that particular record now.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: May 28, 2016, 10:23:14 AM »

You might be able to tempt Big Willy though, which is kinda ironic seeing as you've just hired a massive cock.

Manchester City FC; ruining football debates since 2008.

Best Bitter.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: May 28, 2016, 10:27:54 AM »

He has a point. best to avoid irrational biases in these debates, they work better then

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: May 28, 2016, 10:30:38 AM »

He has a point. best to avoid irrational biases in these debates, they work better then

Lol no fun, jokes or tongue in cheek comments allowed.

Best Bitter.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: May 28, 2016, 10:54:54 AM »

He's always had an affinity with the untied fans;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBXX61GrdCo

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: May 28, 2016, 10:58:52 AM »

Lol no fun, jokes or tongue in cheek comments allowed.

its worked in the liverpool thread...
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: May 28, 2016, 11:53:54 AM »

I personally think Mourinho is the most odious manager in football and I can’t abide the man. There was talk a while back that he would end up at City and opinion on that on the City boards was well and truly divided. Clearly he has divided opinion at United as well. Now that he is in the door at United I’m happy about it and looking forward to the fireworks because there is something enjoyable about disliking a rival. I’m not looking forward to the charm offensive for the next few months but I wonder how long it will be before he starts with all the crap…

In light of my allegiances I obviously hope it ends in abject failure for the guy. Woodward is calling him the “best manager in the world” but in that regard he has got a lot to prove again. The last 6 years haven’t really been very good for him. 1 league and 1 cup (excluding super cups) with Real Madrid in 3 seasons albeit against a superb Barcelona team. He described his final season at Real in 12/13 as the worse season of his career. Then 1 league and 1 league cup at Chelsea in 3 seasons where they started each season as favourite and 15/16 WAS the worst season of his career.

As for the Champions League where it seems like ages since he has overcome one of the big teams in the knock out rounds.  Losses against Barcelona, Bayern and Dortmund whilst at Real Madrid followed by losses against Atletico and PSG with  Chelsea. Then sacked in 2015/2016 before he had the chance to get knocked out.  Earliest chance he will get to have another stab at it is 2017/2018.

As for United, Zlatan is an interesting one. Surely he isn’t up to the competitive nature of the PL at 35. He was wasteful against City in the 1st leg of the CL and woeful in the 2nd leg.  Hope they sign him so we can find out.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: May 28, 2016, 11:56:34 AM »

Says more about where Man U are being forced to shop nowadays that their marque summer signing will be a 35 year old past his best with no experience of the league looking for a final pension.  Remember when it was pretty standard to be breaking transfer records most summers and signing players who were going to play 80-100 times for England like Rio and Rooney at the start of their careers so you had them throughout their prime just to name two?
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: May 28, 2016, 12:28:22 PM »

Says more about where Man U are being forced to shop nowadays that their marque summer signing will be a 35 year old past his best with no experience of the league looking for a final pension.  Remember when it was pretty standard to be breaking transfer records most summers and signing players who were going to play 80-100 times for England like Rio and Rooney at the start of their careers so you had them throughout their prime just to name two?

Shaw potentially fits into that category but that's it. He is the one United signing in recent seasons that I'd like to see at City. Not Englsih but Martial looks as tho he has a big future as well but will he stay?

There other big money signings since Fegruson:

Fellani
Mata
Di Maria
Herrera
Schnederlin

peejaytwo

View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: May 28, 2016, 01:22:48 PM »

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/manchester-united-finally-appoint-manager-as-loathsome-as-they-are-20160527109149
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 173 174 [175] 176 177 178 179 ... 242 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: