blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 04:10:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 189 190 [191] 192 193 194 195 ... 242 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up  (Read 488625 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2850 on: May 23, 2017, 08:13:15 AM »

Antoine Griezmann drops biggest hint yet that he will complete Man Utd transfer

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/05/22/antoine-griezmann-drops-biggest-hint-yet-will-complete-man-utd/

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2851 on: May 25, 2017, 07:44:47 AM »

42: the answer to life, the universe and everything. (And Manchester, united, back on their perch)

bigger and stronger than their opponents last night and excellente tactics from Jose, go direct to bypass the Ajax pretty midfield and don't allow them to high press

i know he'snegative in some big games but in a one off final i don't think there are many managers better at setting it up and getting a result

My eyes are open wide
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: May 25, 2017, 09:05:58 AM »

It really was men against boys last night, & in some ways, I'm pleased for Man United.

It was 100% predictable, & a little bile inducing, to awake this morning to headlines of "we did it for the Manchester bomb victims".

Did they bollox.

Yuk.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2853 on: May 25, 2017, 09:25:51 AM »

So, how would the Man United fans judge their season?

Expectations for next season?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #2854 on: May 25, 2017, 09:32:18 AM »

It really was men against boys last night, & in some ways, I'm pleased for Man United.

It was 100% predictable, & a little bile inducing, to awake this morning to headlines of "we did it for the Manchester bomb victims".

Did they bollox.

Yuk.

I don't think it is that clear cut.  Rooney has been in Manchester for years.  Rashford, Jones  and Lingard are all from nearby.  Pogba spent his teenage years there.  Fellani has loved there for years.  They'll know the site, some may have gone to the same school as some of the victims, may even know of some through friends.  How can they not feel a connection?  

I feel a connection to the Bradford City fire all those years ago and I wasn't even there.  I was in Manchester when the IRA bomb went off and I am sure it hit me at the time.  Even though London is a big sprawling place, I think I felt a bit the same way with the tube bombings.  Just feels a bit more personal when they attack close to home.  

It would be hard to just forget it and play football a couple of days later.  Maybe they are just saying what is expected, but maybe they just mean it right now?  Even I wanted them to win last night and I spent many years as a full time ABU.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #2855 on: May 25, 2017, 12:42:49 PM »

Did they bollox.

Yuk.

I'm with you on this Tikay.

The celebratory songs in the dressing room ("why don't City **** off home) say it all:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-united-players-take-shine-10495773

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2856 on: May 25, 2017, 01:01:04 PM »

Did they bollox.

Yuk.

I'm with you on this Tikay.

The celebratory songs in the dressing room ("why don't City **** off home) say it all:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-united-players-take-shine-10495773

I'd be lying if I said I wanted them to win last night. I was perhaps a little more indifferent than usual, but still wanted Ajax to do them and was disappointed they fluffed their chance to shine with a very subdued performance.

Lingard is clearly a gobshite and more than a few sandwiches short of a picnic (think he has previous for stuff like this), and none of the 'we did this for Manchester' rhetoric washes with me. Amuses me that in their moment of glory, they have to include City in the songs. Oh how we'd get accused of being small time if City did that Smiley

Enjoy the Champions League group stages.

Best Bitter.
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #2857 on: May 25, 2017, 03:10:01 PM »

Click to see full-size image.

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #2858 on: May 26, 2017, 09:28:52 PM »

<3 Jose we'll be removing these sads very soon

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2859 on: May 28, 2017, 09:42:42 AM »

Manchester United are likely to limit their summer spending to three or four key signings. Full story: http://bbc.in/2qU2S65

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2860 on: July 05, 2017, 09:28:34 AM »

in the papers today

EXCL: Rooney IS going to Everton.
OFF Utd US tour.
GONE by end of the week.
All done.

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2861 on: July 06, 2017, 09:04:08 AM »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/07/05/manchester-united-plan-use-wayne-rooney-makeweight-bid-hijack/

Rooney plus cash for Lukaku
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 09:17:09 AM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2862 on: July 06, 2017, 10:16:01 AM »

Manchester United have agreed a £75m deal to sign Romelu Lukaku from Everton

My eyes are open wide
maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #2863 on: July 06, 2017, 11:01:18 AM »

Manchester United have agreed a £75m deal to sign Romelu Lukaku from Everton

That is a lot of money for a guy with a horrendous first touch
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #2864 on: July 06, 2017, 11:13:07 AM »

Prefer this to either Griezmann or Morata. Way lower variance signing, probably replacing like for like goals with Ibra but does still feel a little under whelming. His first touch is shit and so is his hold up play. But out of the options available (which were very limited) he's probably the best fit overall. With the exception of De Gea, Valencia and Herrera our starting line up is 24 or under. Think we'll still sign one more player, a holding midfielder type and fingers crossed another striker, unless Jose is going to bring more of the academy lads through for league cup etc. Hernandez back would be ideal, he's a real fan fav, relatively cheap and great to throw on to grab you a goal.
Really looking forward to a Stormzy, Desiigner, Pogba colab on the announcement vid.
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 189 190 [191] 192 193 194 195 ... 242 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: