blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:03:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 200 201 [202] 203 204 205 206 ... 242 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up  (Read 484708 times)
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #3015 on: August 28, 2018, 06:31:40 AM »

!

"I would have quit any other club': Jose Mourinho tells friends he would have resigned over Man United's transfer woes if he was at any of their rivals https://dailym.ai/2wn9lZ0

Be our guest Jose. Don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

I wish I knew who should come in as a replacement, but right now it would be anyone but Maureen.

Wenger in?

Chris Morris, Tinkerman, Wenger, Wagner, Stevie G, Neville G, Kenny Gee, The 43yr old bloke from Ormskirk who has won the Treble for five seasons in a row on Championship Manager.

Someone with a smile; someone who doesn’t act like they are doing us a favour: someone who gets it.

We’re not in bad shape if we can find a manager capable of extracting the best out of the squad. One or two of them have potential

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3016 on: August 28, 2018, 12:35:33 PM »

Respect.

Respect.  

R-e-s-p-e-c-t.

Perhaps it was an Aretha Franklin tribute?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45325398
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 12:51:27 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3017 on: August 28, 2018, 03:20:55 PM »

!

"I would have quit any other club': Jose Mourinho tells friends he would have resigned over Man United's transfer woes if he was at any of their rivals https://dailym.ai/2wn9lZ0

The pay off wouldn't have been worth hanging around for at most other clubs. 
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3018 on: August 28, 2018, 03:46:53 PM »

!

Be our guest Jose. Don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

I wish I knew who should come in as a replacement, but right now it would be anyone but Maureen.

Wenger in?

Chris Morris, Tinkerman, Wenger, Wagner, Stevie G, Neville G, Kenny Gee, The 43yr old bloke from Ormskirk who has won the Treble for five seasons in a row on Championship Manager.

Someone with a smile; someone who doesn’t act like they are doing us a favour: someone who gets it.

We’re not in bad shape if we can find a manager capable of extracting the best out of the squad. One or two of them have potential

I'd have to acknowledge that there were times when Wenger could rile you as a a fan and very odd occasions where he embarrassed himself and the club I think.

Mourinho is a whole different level, just a permanent embarrassment to a great club - do any United fans actually like him being there or do most feel like you - the latter i would hope.

sola virtus nobilitat
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3019 on: August 28, 2018, 03:53:00 PM »

interesting article

United pay the price for dismantling Ferguson's legacy

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-soccer-england-mun-tot/united-pay-the-price-for-dismantling-fergusons-legacy-idUKKCN1LD1HD

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #3020 on: August 28, 2018, 04:08:46 PM »

Shaw looks a different player already this season.

A real menace going forward, hope he nails down that spot. He is a better "defender" than he gets credit for too.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #3021 on: August 28, 2018, 07:25:30 PM »

Respect.

Respect. 

R-e-s-p-e-c-t.

Perhaps it was an Aretha Franklin tribute?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45325398

E-M-B-A-R-R-A-S-S-I-N-G

Chosen Mastermind subject? Stating the bleeding obvious.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #3022 on: August 28, 2018, 08:27:21 PM »

I must admit to being surprised when Mourinho was appointed. Hadn't Sir Bobby already expressed a view that the sullen Portuguese was not of the right character for his beloved club? After all, Maureen had been caught eye-gouging (among other things) and possessed an ego that was clearly bigger than the aggregate of the MOTD panel. There was never going to be a happy ending IMO; I'm only surprised that it's taken this long.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #3023 on: August 28, 2018, 11:39:23 PM »

I was a fan of Mourinho during the better part of his tenure at Chelsea - not keen on the style of football he had them playing, but he brought something to the English game with his personality.

However, in the later days at Chelsea and subsequently he doesn't seem to me to be of the right 'stuff' for us.

SAF plays mindgames, but Mourinho goes too far, and seems to be losing the plot - the fuss around the game against Barca is a case in point

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/apr/28/jose-mourinho-real-madrid-barcelona

Not Officer Material

Jus sayin

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3024 on: August 30, 2018, 03:47:21 PM »

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/08/29/manchesterunited-defy-jose-mourinho-offer-anthony-martial-five/
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #3025 on: August 30, 2018, 10:53:21 PM »

I believe this is one of the better recent decisions from the club. We’ve given up on a few too many players in the last few seasons. SAF failed with some too in his time.

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #3026 on: September 20, 2018, 07:13:24 AM »

I believe this is one of the better recent decisions from the club. We’ve given up on a few too many players in the last few seasons. SAF failed with some too in his time.

Took his chance and his goal well.

Three goals in one game is a rarity, the last time was the City game in April. They lost last night too.

Coincidence?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: September 20, 2018, 09:33:31 AM »

The form, results & (non) performance of Sanchez, who cost Man U a pretty fortune, is a bit sad to see, & something of a mystery to me.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #3028 on: September 20, 2018, 02:06:33 PM »

The form, results & (non) performance of Sanchez, who cost Man U a pretty fortune, is a bit sad to see, & something of a mystery to me.

Are you now the resident football thread fluffer?

Sanchez was a strange acquisition, it’s little wonder that he’s struggling to make an impact in a team whose style of play is very very different from that which suited him at Arsenal.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: September 20, 2018, 05:50:27 PM »

Panic buy that the noisy neighbours declined at the price and them declining and man u falling into the trap of buying has just made the gap between the two clubs even bigger.  What an incredible contract/pension to be on the hook for for many years to come. Quite incredible.  He was never a top 10 performer in the epl before he went for me.
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 200 201 [202] 203 204 205 206 ... 242 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: