blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:11:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 227 228 [229] 230 231 232 233 ... 242 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manchester United, that didn't last long. Seven up  (Read 484660 times)
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #3420 on: October 06, 2019, 06:34:20 PM »

I once saw Peterborough draw 0-0 with Halifax on a Tuesday night. It was about zero degress and it was so boring that me and a mate wound up having a Bovril drinking competition, which ended up about 7-7.

It was still better than this.

Can’t argue with that.
The quality of football you saw that night was probably better too.

Tuanzebe looked ok though, and Maguire was our most threatening player when he came forward into midfield, Fred might as well pack his bags now.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3421 on: October 06, 2019, 08:44:34 PM »

Not so fiery Fred..

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #3422 on: October 06, 2019, 10:44:58 PM »

Not so fiery Fred..

Damp squib Fred.
Sideways or back passing Fred.
He had so many touches in such good positions and did nothing effective with them

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3423 on: October 19, 2019, 04:37:50 PM »

Interesting line-up. I'm not sure what the formation will be - three at the back or Rodri at LB?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3424 on: October 19, 2019, 05:22:46 PM »

Interesting line-up. I'm not sure what the formation will be - three at the back or Rodri at LB?

Oops wrong thread, my minces must be on the blink.

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #3425 on: October 20, 2019, 12:47:42 PM »

Games between us and LFC often produce results that are against the form. Hopefully today is in that trend.
A win by a 2 goal margin today moves us up to 7th

It may not be likely, it may not happen, and I wouldn’t bet on it happening, but the gap between 6th and 18th is very small.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3426 on: October 20, 2019, 12:55:49 PM »

Games between us and LFC often produce results that are against the form. Hopefully today is in that trend.

It may not be likely, it may not happen, and I wouldn’t bet on it happening, but the gap between 6th and 18th is very small.

A more realistic 4-0 defeat puts you in the bottom five to add balance.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3427 on: October 20, 2019, 06:12:47 PM »

Fiery Fred having his best game by far that I have watched.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3428 on: October 20, 2019, 06:39:18 PM »

Commentator as Fred shoots with his other foot:

"Left said Fred!

The older I get, the better I was.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #3429 on: October 20, 2019, 07:09:49 PM »

Thanks for pointing that out Arb.

As it happens that was the most encouraging display for quite some time. Well worth a point, wouldn’t have been a travesty if we’d won.

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #3430 on: October 20, 2019, 08:50:22 PM »

Fred and Perrera turned up today. Let’s see f they can repeat that effort against Norwich.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3431 on: October 20, 2019, 09:27:19 PM »

Keane is superb.

Archer

View Profile
« Reply #3432 on: October 20, 2019, 09:28:34 PM »

Thanks for pointing that out Arb.

As it happens that was the most encouraging display for quite some time. Well worth a point, wouldn’t have been a travesty if we’d won.

I enjoyed that today . Certainly deserved the point but a shame you didn't hold out for the win. VAR was fun as well Smiley
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #3433 on: October 21, 2019, 02:05:40 PM »

AWB was getting so much space going forward, he really  needed to do better. If he’d have had more confidence and quality on the day we could have really punished Liverpool’s dreadful first half performance.

Fred and Perrera really put a shift in and played just about as well as I think it’s possible for them to play. McT unfortunately didn’t have his best game, especially when he could have rolled James in 1v1 in the first half but had a game shot from edge of 18 yard box instead.

Defence was solid, Young especially played very well. Cops for some very unnecessary flack a lot of times.

Great to see Rashford on the scoresheet. That will do his confidence a world of good. Now if only he would stop jumping and ducking when the ball gets near his head we might have a player.

James was class again. A real buzz when he gets the ball. He really is so quick but unlike rashford used to he can actually take the ball with him and not run past. Quality end product from him too.. he’ll have w great future.

The obvious negative was that united probably played somewhere around their peak vs a Liverpool team firing at 3/10 and we still only scraped a draw. If the game goes on 5-10 mins longer we concede another, maybe more. It’s apparent how big the gulf in class is but end of the day we took a point  and stopped their win streak. Good day.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #3434 on: January 10, 2020, 05:57:32 PM »

Interesting take

I particularly liked this line about the Glazers

a set of disengaged vulture capitalists for whom this grand old footballing house is a leaky roofed global ATM, the cash cow that just won’t die.

Pages: 1 ... 225 226 227 228 [229] 230 231 232 233 ... 242 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: