blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:55:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272477 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  If Carlsberg did weddings... (yet another blog) **TRIP REPORT FINALLY COMPLETE**
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: If Carlsberg did weddings... (yet another blog) **TRIP REPORT FINALLY COMPLETE**  (Read 72065 times)
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: February 09, 2011, 11:19:10 AM »

I luckily got married in a hotel which didn't allow children to stay or even let them in  Cheesy

Guests will surely take out kids who are screaming/crying.

Maybe get your best man to have a quiet word with parents about leaving with them ASAP, and to sit at the back near the door!?

To be honest I wouldn't worry too much, its a special day just relax and enjoy.
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 09, 2011, 12:34:43 PM »

I don't have kids but isn't this what grandparents are for?

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 09, 2011, 12:42:06 PM »

my sister paid one of the staff from her daughter's nursery to look after the kids at her wedding. worked well as most of the kids already knew her and kept me happy as she was really quite cute

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 09, 2011, 02:02:26 PM »

Just married, November 24th just Gone.
Stag Do - Vegas
Wedding/Honeymoon - Mauritius
Reception - England
Price tag - redonculous.

Glad to see you've managed to save some bucks, thanks for the buying air miles tip. Will defo use that next time i go away. Not really an expert on advice for wedding planning as I did nothing but neck my cocktail and climb out of the pool 45 mins before i was due to get wed. I would say get a professional photographer (chapel might include them?) as you dont want your only pics of the big day to be taken by family/friends etc just showing your missus' pom poms or random back of head shots. Also maybe prepare some words, my registrar started ad libbing and saying stuff like "so tell me Dave, how does Donna make you feel", "why is she the one for you?" I was not expecting this and didn't really give a well thought heart felt response. actual response = "ermmmm she's alright" so just in case you get put in the same situation.

post wedding advice:

If your missus suddenly gets all moody, hopefully its not an indication of how the rest of ya life will be, apparently a large % of women get post wedding blues. Keep an eye out.
Never go to bed angry.

I have always hated weddings, have been best man 4 times and even turned a 5th offer down. Was not looking forward to my own remotely but i had a great day and really enjoyed it. Sure it will be the same for you. Unless you actually already like weddings...

Hope both of you have a great time. Great thread!

cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 09, 2011, 02:04:28 PM »

If Carlsberg did arrivals....

Click to see full-size image.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: February 09, 2011, 04:05:38 PM »

If Carlsberg did arrivals...

FYP

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 09, 2011, 04:19:04 PM »

Had to get to the airport somehow m8 Smiley
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: February 09, 2011, 04:56:32 PM »

And a motorbike doesn't get you  there?

Silly sod Wink

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Joobie538

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 10, 2011, 08:13:36 PM »

Got a wedding Q for everyone.

My missus is mad keen for there to be NO CHILDREN at our wedding, after we went to a wedding where this little sod angel decided to go and stand in the middle of the bride and groom and start screaming during key moments. This suits me, but the problem is most of my mates have just had kids and the wedding will be in Norfolk, not Sheffield, where I am from, so I think its a bit cheeky to ask them to travel and get babysitters. I reckon the happier medium would be to find some way of distracting the kids during the ceremony (she is fine for kids at the reception, just the magical moment where I make her a Shoelace she wants to be be interrupted) - any suggestions? Should we get a clown or someink? Do they do mobile creches?

I've done a bit of research on this for you, 99% of venues will happily provide a room near the ceremony for you to organise a creche, although according to the wedding coordinator I saw today, for insurance reasons you have to provide your own childminder. 

Joobie538

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 12, 2011, 09:45:45 AM »

The Venue - UK - sorry it's a long one.

Looks like I've finally found the hard part of wedding planning, certain considerations have to be made, size, location, facilities, accommodation, cost and the menu. These things are simple enough. My opinion is if people really want to come and celebrate our wedding then they will put up with our choices, if they're not prepared to then they don't matter. So I wasn't really anticipating any trouble with this.... How wrong I was!!

I'll start from the beginning

While staying overnight at the Holiday Inn Coventry over Xmas, we noticed some advertising for the £1000 wedding, this is everything you need for a wedding all for £1000, awesome! especially as we are on a tight budget for this and was about to ditch the whole idea.

So after seeing that deal I call a local Holiday inn asking if they do something similar. I speak to the wedding coordinator (this woman is def more than a few sandwiches short of a picnic). Her first email quote after I enquire about the £1000 wedding was......  £2875. Cue a sarcastic email response and back to the drawing board...

or so I thought.

She emailed me back about 2 weeks later saying she could do the date we wanted for £1500, OK a little over budget but the venue itself was perfect in size and location, the menu was a bit shit but hey I'm willing to compromise, so we set an appointment.

Stupidly we booked the appointment for the APAT team event weekend so were limited to the time we could spend with the dippy cow. After rejigging what we wanted we finally came to agree a figure of £1200 for everything... Now if I had had the time I would have booked and confirmed it there and then, but in a rush I asked her to confirm everything via email and we would book on the Monday.

When the email came through she has added an extra £500 room fee that we were not aware of, AND that price wasn't available for the Saturday night saying she was never aware of the dates we wanted and could have told us a long time ago a Saturday in December was out of bounds!  REALLY???  3 quotes via email say otherwise! Basically I told her to stuff it and the search went on.

After 3 or 4 more run ins with hotel wedding coordinators (they must employ any old sod for that role, none of them actually listen to what you tell them) I have a choice between 2 venues both coming in around £1200 for everything.

One is nearer town but the rooms aren't quite right, ridic small bar area and public access running right through the middle of the 2 conference rooms we would book. The second is a lot further out of town, but the room is perfect there are gardens for pictures it's own private entrance and plenty of room for everything we want, AND the wedding coordinator actually knows what she is talking about, unlike the others she hasn't peroxided her brain into a dribbling stupor!

As I said in the beginning I believe the people that matter will turn up no matter where we hold the reception but some of the more local ones are complaining already lol  

We have a second viewing booked tomorrow as Adam is yet to see this place fingers crossed he agrees that it is perfect.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 09:47:16 AM by Joobie538 » Logged

Joobie538

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 15, 2011, 06:22:08 PM »

UK venue.....   DONE!

Joobie538

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 15, 2011, 06:25:08 PM »

next step is vegas wedding chapel followed closely by the invitations.

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 15, 2011, 06:42:37 PM »

next step is guest list preparations, then vegas wedding chapel followed closely by the invitations.

FYP Wink
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 18, 2011, 09:59:02 PM »

Forget all that.

Next step has been the US Hotels. These are now planned and getting ready to be booked. Settled on the following:

Bally's for 3-4 nights dependent on when we arrive. Check out Sunday 20th. Move to Venetian for wedding days. Check out of Venetian on Wednesday 23rd. Move off-strip to a highly recommended Gold Coast. This is actually booked already - $300 for 5 nights including the weekend. Bargain! We're then flying to LA on Monday 28th.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 19, 2011, 01:03:14 AM »

Just catching up with the thread...

Are you all loons? Maybe its just greek culture but I think its terrible to say no kids.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: