blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 07:33:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272431 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Lessons from our Elder: "In the Well" with Rupert
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lessons from our Elder: "In the Well" with Rupert  (Read 35539 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« on: May 12, 2011, 01:50:49 PM »

Currently in Madrid, Rupert Elder, "Rupert" on blonde, "ElRupert" on Sky has agreed to do a well on blonde

Former Economics student and now full time online cash game pro, Rupert Elder is the 2011 European Poker Tour San Remo champion

Elder primarily plays $2/$4, $3/$6 and the occasional game of $5/$10 no limit Hold’em cash games online but has recently started playing more tournaments with decent success. His most recent score was also his career best, his 80th place finish at EPT Berlin just a few weeks ago netting him €10,000. Now he has completely obliterated this figure by winning a staggering €930,000 by besting a 987 strong field in picturesque Italy

Some sections of the Poker media hailed Rupert as an "Overnight success". However this is hardly correct as his Hendon Mob entry shows

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=54753

Rupert also attracted national press attention following his win

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1385106/Jobless-Maths-graduate-Rupert-Elder-scoops-800k-win-turning-POKER.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Rupert will no doubt be interesting on issues such as staking (staked on 2+2 into EPT San Remo, for example), satelliting into live events, Online cash disciplines etc

However, the questions are yours.....

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Rupert
:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 01:52:19 PM »

Probs going to be the most boring well ever!  Ask away tho

Sack it off

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 01:55:09 PM »

I'm plzd you made the daily mail, I enjoy reading the comments such as "He'll lose it all back, my son once won £2,000 on roulette, now he's in debt!!"

Were you a regular in $10k+ events before you won this one?
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 01:55:44 PM »

What are you planning to play from now on? Will you continue to grind the same games you were doing before your win?...

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 01:56:41 PM »

Congrats on the score.

Write 3 paragraphs on different things about james keys.

Who's the best player you've faced both live and online?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Rupert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 01:56:47 PM »

Here's the €5k+ i've played:

$10k PCA x2
$10k WSOP x2
€5k berlin
€5k san remo

So no not really a regular, played a load of 1-3k tournies tho

Rupert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 01:57:35 PM »

What are you planning to play from now on? Will you continue to grind the same games you were doing before your win?...

Prob more EPTs/live donkaments, and lots of $2/4-$5/10 after Vegas but mostly 2/4 and 3/6 need to get back in the groove haven't played cash games in over a month now

Spraggs

Don't hate, appreciate!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2011, 01:58:42 PM »

What was it like to be thrown into the deep end with all the media and press attention?

Did you ever get to change your top before photo's/interviews?

How tilting was it having that German 3 bet you every hand?

I love seeing UK players do well in the biggies, vwp, I caught the end of the live streaming, and you seemed a very nice guy.

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2011, 02:01:34 PM »

why did you want to know the date immediately after winning?

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2011, 02:02:23 PM »

Favourite WWE wrestler?

Why are so many young british guys dominating world poker right now?

Did you shed a tear at any stage following your win?

First person you called after your win?

What was it like the next time you played poker (if indeed you have yet), could you focus in the normal way?

outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2011, 02:02:52 PM »

Hey Rupert

You have an amazing technicolour Hendon Mob  - do you satellite into your foregin adventures or just have "poker aways days" as treats?

Do you think your big win will change your motivation - either at stakes played/desire to travel more with poker/making a on-line to live transition?

I think you having amazing composure/emotion control - is this something you have actually worked on or is it a more natural trait of your personality?

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
Rupert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2011, 02:04:36 PM »

Congrats on the score.

Write 3 paragraphs on different things about james keys.

Who's the best player you've faced both live and online?

Keys is generally fairly quiet but always really fun to live with.  But when he gets lashed he's gotta be one of the most hilarious people ever.  Can thoroughly recommend a lash up with him.

He's also a very sick player, we talk about hands a lot and often agree about hands but when we actually play esp cash we play pretty differently.  I think he's really sick at live poker which coupled with not having an especially big ego makes him pretty damn good.

We went to school together and one summer both worked for my dad along with another friend.  It was mostly painting weighbridges for £3.20 an hour.  It was fucking hot that summer, so we just got the paint bucket and poured the paint on.  One of the real employees came out and berated us for it.  We used about 5 cans of paint for a job that requires 2.  Don't think my dad was too happy.

Player who's given me the most trouble live... No one really immediately springs to mind but Antonius got most of my chips in the WSOP ME.  Also Kimber has busted me from 2 day two spades which is annoying.  In online tournies there's loads of animals that cause me trouble, Moorman in particular made my life hell in a couple of hands in a WCOOP a while ago.  In terms of cash there's loads of good regs as well always had trouble playing against PakWaan on ipoker when I was playing 1/2, to the extent that I spent a whole afternoon analysing his game because he kept pwning me.

Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2011, 02:06:04 PM »

Is your avatar a settler from Civilization 2?

Blue text
Rupert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2011, 02:06:27 PM »

What was it like to be thrown into the deep end with all the media and press attention?

Did you ever get to change your top before photo's/interviews?

How tilting was it having that German 3 bet you every hand?

I love seeing UK players do well in the biggies, vwp, I caught the end of the live streaming, and you seemed a very nice guy.

Straight after I won I did an hour and a half of interviews etc then spent another hour or so trying to find where my trophy went lol.  I didn't actually have my first beer for like 5 hours after.

I did not get to change my tshirt/hoodie which was a bit annoying because I had mega sweat patches lol.  Fortunately it seems I hid them well enough from the photos

Yeah Max is annoying to play against but didn't rly get tilted just more frustrated

Rupert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2011, 02:07:02 PM »

why did you want to know the date immediately after winning?

No idea can't remember

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: