blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:17:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Big Boxing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 195 196 [197] 198 199 200 201 ... 455 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big Boxing Thread  (Read 1146843 times)
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #2940 on: November 04, 2015, 06:01:30 PM »

It's not going well for the Russians today.

]

Good for the fans tho Cheesy

My mate's son Billy Smith that just won a bronze.

Would you care to tell us more about that Red-Dog? Cus it ain't the event we're talking about 

There's a live show from Russia right now, and the home fighters, big favourites in the betting, keep getting KO'd.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 06:03:16 PM by McGlashan » Logged
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2941 on: November 04, 2015, 06:18:17 PM »

It's not going well for the Russians today.

]

Good for the fans tho Cheesy

My mate's son Billy Smith that just won a bronze.

Would you care to tell us more about that Red-Dog? Cus it ain't the event we're talking about 

There's a live show from Russia right now, and the home fighters, big favourites in the betting, keep getting KO'd.

LOL. Sorry. I just finished watching the one I was talking about,  clicked this thread and assumed....

Anyway you can see it on YouTube. He fights again tomorrow.

Eubc European schoolboys boxing championships anapa 2015

The older I get, the better I was.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #2942 on: November 04, 2015, 06:22:59 PM »

Must be a talented kid. If he's won the bronze medal though, what's tomorrows fight all about?
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2943 on: November 04, 2015, 06:34:06 PM »

Must be a talented kid. If he's won the bronze medal though, what's tomorrows fight all about?

I assume he is guaranteed bronze and has a shot at a better medal.

There is a website here but I can't make much sense of it.

http://www.eubcboxing.org/category/news/

The older I get, the better I was.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #2944 on: November 04, 2015, 07:11:32 PM »

I assume he is guaranteed bronze and has a shot at a better medal.

There is a website here but I can't make much sense of it.

http://www.eubcboxing.org/category/news/

That'd make sense.

I can't make sense of that website either.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: November 06, 2015, 07:16:11 PM »

Saturday's headlining bout between Callum Smith and Rocky Fielding is a belter of a match up.

Again, I think Smith KO is too short, and personally I'd have fight to go the distance prices the other way around. However, Bazza has previously indicated he's not a fan of Fielding.

Also, don't laugh, but I've backed "boring" Scotty Cardle to win by KO @15/8. It's a hunch that he's got some more to offer and will be flattered by a come forward fighter.
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #2946 on: November 07, 2015, 09:12:26 PM »

Saturday's headlining bout between Callum Smith and Rocky Fielding is a belter of a match up.

Again, I think Smith KO is too short, and personally I'd have fight to go the distance prices the other way around. However, Bazza has previously indicated he's not a fan of Fielding.

Also, don't laugh, but I've backed "boring" Scotty Cardle to win by KO @15/8. It's a hunch that he's got some more to offer and will be flattered by a come forward fighter.

I like the Cardle KO too. I mentioned a few weeks back that Gallagher fighters seemed to be punching a lot harder recently.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: November 07, 2015, 09:26:11 PM »

Well we've got a war. Shame about Dodds head buts tho.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: November 07, 2015, 10:57:04 PM »

Later on tonight, is anyone else massively bullish on Lomachenko to rack up an accumulation stoppage against the former Lee Selby victim?

http://www.oddschecker.com/boxing/vasyl-lomachenko-v-romulo-koasicha/method-of-victory I really didn't think we'd see evens.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: November 18, 2015, 04:38:07 PM »

It feels like there's a lack of buzz around the Cotto Canelo mega fight. There's plenty of other action to look forward to though.

We've got a dodgy draw double rematch on Sky.
Jenkins looks an exciting up and comer but 2/9 is a short enough price based on potential.

The Crolla fight is an interesting one and I want to see if he drifts some more. Terry Flanagan drifted like a barge last weekend as all the money came in on Zapeda. The chain of thought seems to be that our British lightweights ain't all that but I'd make that case for the ROTW guys aswell. The 135lb talent pool looks drained. All the best guys move up to 140lb and 147lb for the money. Linares, Crawford and Zlaticanin look like the cream of the crop and I think the betting public are seeing ghosts where there aren't any.
It's not a surprise to see the money coming in for Crolla. With points being as low as evens I don't think you can go wrong backing the Joe Gallagher trained fighter to win by KO at 6-1.

Tyrone Nurse is a small favourite over Jenkins. As much as a I appreciate the kinda defensive lower volume precision punchers, guys like Nurse and Bradley Skeete seldom get the benefit of the doubt in close fights.

Murray - Abraham is a really intriguing one. No strong opinion here.

Lee Haskins appeals as a 6-1 dog. Beating Stuey Hall doesn't prove Randy Caballero is a mega crusher.

Perhaps the best bet is Engy's man Isaac Lowe at 1/2. He's got a test, and there will be some learning on the job to do, but it's a test he's expected to pass with flying colours.

engy

View Profile
« Reply #2950 on: November 18, 2015, 09:23:06 PM »

hi Mcglashan, agree it will be a tough test for issac against ryan doyle but I think he will definitely come through it. iv had a bit @ 8/13 and 4/7 waiting to see if I can get a bet on points win depending on price as well as I think I might go the distance doyle is a tough lad although he lost to ian bailey who lost to Jamie speight who Isaac just beat. Training and sparring have gone perfect for this fight, hes had a lot of rounds with josh warrington. good luck if you bet him
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #2951 on: November 18, 2015, 11:57:04 PM »

hi Mcglashan, agree it will be a tough test for issac against ryan doyle but I think he will definitely come through it. iv had a bit @ 8/13 and 4/7 waiting to see if I can get a bet on points win depending on price as well as I think I might go the distance doyle is a tough lad although he lost to ian bailey who lost to Jamie speight who Isaac just beat. Training and sparring have gone perfect for this fight, hes had a lot of rounds with josh warrington. good luck if you bet him

It can be hard to pick between a points win or late stoppage. So much depends about how much fresher your fighter is going into the later rounds. If Lowe has the opportunity to sit down on his punches against a tired opponent we'll see more stoppages as per the Speight fight.
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: November 19, 2015, 04:07:03 PM »

It feels like there's a lack of buzz around the Cotto Canelo mega fight. There's plenty of other action to look forward to though.

We've got a dodgy draw double rematch on Sky.
Jenkins looks an exciting up and comer but 2/9 is a short enough price based on potential.

The Crolla fight is an interesting one and I want to see if he drifts some more. Terry Flanagan drifted like a barge last weekend as all the money came in on Zapeda. The chain of thought seems to be that our British lightweights ain't all that but I'd make that case for the ROTW guys aswell. The 135lb talent pool looks drained. All the best guys move up to 140lb and 147lb for the money. Linares, Crawford and Zlaticanin look like the cream of the crop and I think the betting public are seeing ghosts where there aren't any.
It's not a surprise to see the money coming in for Crolla. With points being as low as evens I don't think you can go wrong backing the Joe Gallagher trained fighter to win by KO at 6-1.

Tyrone Nurse is a small favourite over Jenkins. As much as a I appreciate the kinda defensive lower volume precision punchers, guys like Nurse and Bradley Skeete seldom get the benefit of the doubt in close fights.

Murray - Abraham is a really intriguing one. No strong opinion here.

Lee Haskins appeals as a 6-1 dog. Beating Stuey Hall doesn't prove Randy Caballero is a mega crusher.

Perhaps the best bet is Engy's man Isaac Lowe at 1/2. He's got a test, and there will be some learning on the job to do, but it's a test he's expected to pass with flying colours.

Nurse v Jenkins and Crolla v Perez bring back horrible memories. Two of the biggest shaftings I've had on the cards in a long time. I don't rate Jenkins and think Nurse beats him again, hopefully getting it on the cards this time. Perez is also starting to get close to a backable price for me.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #2953 on: November 19, 2015, 04:40:27 PM »

Lowe and Haskins were my most confident picks, if someone agreed I'd be happy to put em up for Fred.

Nurse - Jenkins is one I'm least confident on and haven't bet. Choral are taking a stance on Nurse at evens even though the pinny line has shortened to 2/3.
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #2954 on: November 19, 2015, 09:15:59 PM »

Lowe and Haskins were my most confident picks, if someone agreed I'd be happy to put em up for Fred.

Nurse - Jenkins is one I'm least confident on and haven't bet. Choral are taking a stance on Nurse at evens even though the pinny line has shortened to 2/3.

Yeah Lowe should be a level or two above Doyle. If Haskins can avoid being tagged he is in with a chance. Hall was able to cause Caballero problems so Haskins' style could really trouble him. 6/1 is more than fair
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 195 196 [197] 198 199 200 201 ... 455 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: