blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:37:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Big Boxing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 448 449 450 451 [452] 453 454 455 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big Boxing Thread  (Read 1146967 times)
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #6765 on: October 05, 2022, 03:25:04 PM »

The show must go on. There's so much money on the line they'll get someone else to license it.

I can't remember why but Haye vs Chisora was overseen by the Luxembourg commission.

Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #6766 on: October 05, 2022, 03:35:32 PM »

Doesn’t half explain the improvement in Benn in recent years.

Absolute abomination of a sport. Even Marky  is going to struggle to defend Edward’s role in this one  Cheesy
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6767 on: October 05, 2022, 03:50:49 PM »

The show must go on. There's so much money on the line they'll get someone else to license it.

I can't remember why but Haye vs Chisora was overseen by the Luxembourg commission.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/18338839

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #6768 on: October 05, 2022, 06:58:28 PM »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/18338839

Ah Benn and Eubank do have UK licenses. I didn't realise at the time of posting that the failed test was over a month old and both camps were notified.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #6769 on: October 05, 2022, 07:56:19 PM »

Absolute abomination of a sport. Even Marky  is going to struggle to defend Edward’s role in this one  Cheesy

Unless he's injecting him, what do I have to defend?

You're far too obsessed with fast car, whereas I just like watching fights Cheesy

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #6770 on: October 05, 2022, 07:57:01 PM »

Exactly, someone will get an envelope.

Kalle alluded to them having things up their sleeves earlier Cheesy

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #6771 on: October 05, 2022, 07:58:08 PM »

As long as I find out what's happening before 1pm on Friday, so I can cancel the hotel at no charge Grin

Benn should obv be asking for no rehydration clause now.

Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #6772 on: October 05, 2022, 09:44:29 PM »

Unless he's injecting him, what do I have to defend?

You're far too obsessed with fast car, whereas I just like watching fights Cheesy

He has been beyond shameless today. Problem is by being a rent-a-quote there are plenty of clips about.

Benn is juiced to the fucking gills and been caught by the same mob that Edward insisted Pascal sign up to and pulled Buatsi from the fight when he didn’t. Now it’s his man that’s been caught it’s ah yeah but UKAD.

Benn’s doc has an interesting set of clients.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #6773 on: October 05, 2022, 10:26:34 PM »

Well, they all knew weeks ago, I'm guessing?

Him and Kalle both had their heads together to try and get around it.

Naive of them both to think it wouldn't get out before the fight, though.

I wonder if you're a Frank Warren sock account sometimes Cheesy

FWIW - I'd think it's probably easier to count the boxers that aren't juicing, than the ones that are.

Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #6774 on: October 06, 2022, 12:47:09 PM »

Haha I’m not Frank’s biggest fan either but give me him over Edward any day.

It looks like they have pulled the same stunt that they did with Whyte and not tested the B sample in order for the fight to go ahead. Pretty shameful stuff really. If I’m Jnr I’m making sure that the 157lb and rehydration clause is removed. I have a decent bet on Eubank already and will probably press if that happens.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #6775 on: October 06, 2022, 02:10:25 PM »

It looks like they have pulled the same stunt that they did with Whyte and not tested the B sample in order for the fight to go ahead. Pretty shameful stuff really. If I’m Jnr I’m making sure that the 157lb and rehydration clause is removed. I have a decent bet on Eubank already and will probably press if that happens.

I'm not fans of any of them in particular, but if we didn't have a fast car, boxing would be a lot worse. Imagine if PBC ran boxing! We'd see fuck all.

Obv shouldn't go ahead, but any promoter would be doing the same. I'm guessing that Kalle/Eubank have known about this for a month as well, unless I've misunderstood?

Maybe Billam-Smith in Bournemouth will be the next card I see.

That was obv what they'd done. But you're far too sharp to not know that all sport is rife with it, and even the Furys prob have their own lab Cheesy

That's the first thing I thought of. I'd be asking for them to bend over, and hopefully Kalle is sharp enough to do that, too.

I was hoping the Conor would shorten with casual money pre fight and then wade into Eubank straight and KO on Saturday.

McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #6776 on: October 06, 2022, 03:05:15 PM »

Presumably Senior found out a month ago when he was making a hoo hah about pulling his son out the fight.

If Bazza was being to subtle before about Benn's doctor, the guy also works with the Fury clan and Joseph Parker.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #6777 on: October 06, 2022, 03:48:14 PM »

Presumably Senior found out a month ago when he was making a hoo hah about pulling his son out the fight.

If Bazza was being to subtle before about Benn's doctor, the guy also works with the Fury clan and Joseph Parker.

Quite possibly, but he has always been a fruit loop, and might as likely just been irked about not being in the spotlight.

I didn't even look into it. I just go with what Nate Diaz said years ago 'Everyone's on steroids'.

Imagine the BBBoC will sto it now anyway, we have to think about the kids, after all.

Click to see full-size image.

Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #6778 on: October 06, 2022, 04:03:40 PM »

I'm not fans of any of them in particular, but if we didn't have a fast car, boxing would be a lot worse. Imagine if PBC ran boxing! We'd see fuck all.

Obv shouldn't go ahead, but any promoter would be doing the same. I'm guessing that Kalle/Eubank have known about this for a month as well, unless I've misunderstood?

Maybe Billam-Smith in Bournemouth will be the next card I see.

That was obv what they'd done. But you're far too sharp to not know that all sport is rife with it, and even the Furys prob have their own lab Cheesy

That's the first thing I thought of. I'd be asking for them to bend over, and hopefully Kalle is sharp enough to do that, too.

I was hoping the Conor would shorten with casual money pre fight and then wade into Eubank straight and KO on Saturday.

If it wasn’t for the Daily Mail running with the story yesterday the fight would have gone ahead which is pretty mental. I wonder what sort of concessions Benn had to give up. Kinda makes Jnr’s posts trolling Benn by eating burgers make more sense.

The sport is clearly rife with it and VADA aside the testing regime is a waste of time. There were plenty of clues there with regards to Benn. Eddie going to have to do some decent work to restore Benn’s reputation off the back of this. Gives us an opportunity for a bet against him as one of my better angles is opposing someone just after they have been popped for juicing.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #6779 on: October 06, 2022, 05:34:17 PM »

Yeah, some scoop for them. Which is annoying, as they're trash!

I think it's less bad that it'd gone ahead from a health perspective, as everyone was obviously on board. They'll have looked into a lot more, and obv known Conor had been on the test express. I imagine he'd gotten the rehydration out and probably a few quid extra as well.

Kalle and Eddie both trying to move mountains, but nobody budging, and thankfully I only ever booked refundable hotels now. Just seeing Phelps saying that they could have both fought, just not against each other. That's even crazier, if that's the case.

Given how much dough is in it, you have to think they'll try doing it as soon as they can get a date at the o2.

Don't think he'll have to do much. People just like violence, and outside moaning about it on the internet, don't really vote with their feet as much as their fingers Cheesy

Would think the new fight will favour Jnr even more, rightfully so. Hopefully get a nearer even money price for him and pile in. No way it doesn't happen, though.

Pages: 1 ... 448 449 450 451 [452] 453 454 455 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: