blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:33:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Things that piss you off!
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 159 160 [161] 162 163 164 165 ... 206 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Things that piss you off!  (Read 415105 times)
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #2400 on: August 13, 2016, 09:33:15 PM »

Arriving at a pelican crossing with a crowd of people waiting for the light to turn red so they can cross the road. But there isn't any traffic coming people? So why are you all just standing there?? Then I simply cross the empty road and people look at me like I've lost my mind, like I'm some kind of maverick of the pedestrian world. Nah people there's just nothing coming. Why are you standing there? Just don't get it. Think it's like some kind of Pavlov's dog conditioning.

But new level reached today. At the car park I notice that the barrier is out of order and stuck in the up position. Sweet free car parking thankyou please. But people are still paying anyway. I thought they hadn't noticed so told this fella about the welcome gift. But I see the dude go and pay anyway. Why are you paying? You could just drive out like me.

There are a lot of these things going on and it's like One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, there's a whiff of antiseptic in the air, people are just standing around dribbling on the pavement waiting for a stimulus to provoke an auto response.

I am a free man

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: August 14, 2016, 08:59:33 AM »

The fact that no matter how hard I try or however much practice I put in, I cannot parallel park properly.

For some reason, I had it in my mind that you were not a car driver, Keith. Have you always had a car?

Mr Ambo somehow exists happily sans car, not sure how.

Channing does drive. Extremely dangerously. He used to think speed limits only applied to other road users, not him.

It's a blessing to the motoring population of the United Kingdom that he no longer gets behind the wheel.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: August 14, 2016, 06:03:02 PM »

Thanks for another 2.5 hour delay Easyjet.

Ah! The element of surprise
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: August 15, 2016, 10:49:13 AM »

People at live poker not washing their hands after using the toilet. It is completely unacceptable to me that my 5 year old son can manage to wash his hands with soap and water every time he uses the bathroom but grown men cannot. I lost count of the number of people just walking out at the weekend.

Disgraceful!
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: August 15, 2016, 11:04:59 AM »

People at live poker not washing their hands after using the toilet. It is completely unacceptable to me that my 5 year old son can manage to wash his hands with soap and water every time he uses the bathroom but grown men cannot. I lost count of the number of people just walking out at the weekend.

Disgraceful!

Were there any skid marks on the cards?  Cheesy
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: August 15, 2016, 11:53:20 AM »

At the car park I notice that the barrier is out of order and stuck in the up position. Sweet free car parking thankyou please. But people are still paying anyway. I thought they hadn't noticed so told this fella about the welcome gift. But I see the dude go and pay anyway. Why are you paying? You could just drive out like me.

There are a lot of these things going on and it's like One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, there's a whiff of antiseptic in the air, people are just standing around dribbling on the pavement waiting for a stimulus to provoke an auto response.

I am a free man

Perhaps there's license plate recognition in place? There could be a big bill coming! 
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: August 15, 2016, 12:00:56 PM »

Disgraceful!

Were there any skid marks on the cards?  Cheesy

I once witnessed a well known Birmingham player who did exactly this and then went on to handle the free fruit buffet picking up and putting various pieces of fruit back on the tray.

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: August 15, 2016, 12:23:48 PM »

Disgraceful!

This is a pet hate of mine full stop.  What percentage of people wash their hands at the football  or in a pub.  I reckon it must be down at 50%.
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: August 15, 2016, 01:54:23 PM »

Why do people think it's ok? I just don't understand why children (who probably don't understand the concepts of pathogen transmission) can remember to do it and grown men (who must have a reasonable level of intelligence to be playing poker) cannot.

Wash your hands please.
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: August 15, 2016, 07:39:17 PM »

I used to like Frank Skinner, until the episode of Room 101 where he justified not washing his hands by suggesting that his privates were clean. If an undoubtedly smart man like Skinner can be so obtuse on this subject, and the commissioning TV station allows it to go to air, then we're all fighting a losing battle.
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: August 15, 2016, 07:54:48 PM »

Having to go through an airport style metal detector in full belt off, jacket off pockets emptied mode.

To visit the passport office.

Paying extra for a quick turnaround and spending 30 minutes queuing for the metal detector, then being presented with ticket #620 when they're currently serving #559 and calling one every two minutes or so.
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: August 21, 2016, 08:28:19 PM »

Thanks for another 2.5 hour delay Easyjet.

The delay ended up being almost 5 hours in the end. On the bright side had an email from them confirming that they are sending me a cheque for £215.66 compensation.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2412 on: August 24, 2016, 02:49:28 PM »

People who ask for advice on a non personal subject via PM instead of on the forum where it might have made an interesting thread, and then fail to acknowledge the reply that I took the trouble to write.

I'm going to put a smiley here because I'm only slightly pissed off.  Smiley

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: August 24, 2016, 02:51:39 PM »

People who ask for advice on a non personal subject via PM instead of on the forum where it might have made an interesting thread, and then fail to acknowledge the reply that I took the trouble to write.

I'm going to put a smiley here because I'm only slightly pissed off.  Smiley

* Hurriedly checks if I owe Tom any PM replies*

* Mightily relived to find it's not me*

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2414 on: September 04, 2016, 02:02:39 PM »

The Go Compare 'Fantastic' taxi driver. I could cheerfully strangle the stupid bastard.

The older I get, the better I was.
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 159 160 [161] 162 163 164 165 ... 206 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: