blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:51:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Things that piss you off!
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 162 163 [164] 165 166 167 168 ... 206 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Things that piss you off!  (Read 414995 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2445 on: February 10, 2017, 12:07:35 PM »

Rolling news channels that all show the news on the hour, except when they all show an alternative programme AT THE SAME TIME!

This Means that if I pick the wrong hour to watch NONE OF THEM ARE BROADCASTING THE NEWS.

Pillocks.

The older I get, the better I was.
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: February 10, 2017, 06:21:35 PM »

People who try to make themselves look good at the expense of others. I love it when it backfires though.

Ah! The element of surprise
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2447 on: February 10, 2017, 07:20:49 PM »

People who try to make themselves look good at the expense of others. I love it when it backfires though.

I had a meeting with a very pompus bloke today. His job title? Head of equality.

I doubt he saw the irony.

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: February 10, 2017, 07:21:53 PM »

I might have moaned about this before but honestly I find buying cigarettes such a mission these days. I stop at BP for petrol this morning and when I reach the counter I ask for my usual pack of Marlboro. We all know that cigarettes are hidden behind the secret screen these days so the rather elderly assistant rattles it across...chicka-chicka-chicka. Now yesterday my Marlboro were easily distinguished by the red and white packet and I could readily point them out to any sluggish operative but today I'm confronted by a sea of black, every single pack and every single brand is in a jet black packet. What's more every packet is emblazoned with some hideous picture, a man with huge throat tumour, charcoal black lungs, gaping whole in some essential part of the body. I mean when the chicka-chicka-chicka happened it was like exposing some kinda ghouls gallery at a fairground and I found myself recoiling in horror at the shock of it all.

It get's worse because there was no way of identifying the brand so my mature server had to take each packet off the shelf, hold it at arms length under the light and squint profusely. This went on for a lifetime, people behind shuffling their weight from foot to foot, before I was presented with a plain black pack of Marlboro with a picture of a sad baby smoking a cigarette. With all respect can I ask what the fuck is all this about? I mean I know the bearded environmentalist loonies will jump up and down screaming about NHS costs but back in the real world when I exited BP, walking past all the commuters filling up with diesel and re-joined the traffic jam pumping poison into the innocent lungs of passing schoolkids I thought, what the absolute fuck was that all about??

Originally it was to stop advertising to kids/younger people to reduce the numbers of people that smoke.

I find from experience of walking past counters though that people just walk up and say "Gimme the cheapest packet of 20 please luv", and the poor assistant has to flick through all the prices.
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: February 10, 2017, 11:15:08 PM »

I had a meeting with a very pompus bloke today. His job title? Head of equality.

I doubt he saw the irony.

It does amuse me.

I'm currently travelling to and from Berlin every week and during my flight back this morning someone tried to call me 3 times. This person then proceeded to tell some very senior people that they tried to get hold of me and I was being very unresponsive and not at all very helpful. Once landed I soon reminded them all who was listening that not 12 hours earlier I told him that was travelling back to the UK and would not be contactable until 14:00. All because his company (huge telecommunications company that rhymes with Shitish Smellicom) have made some very serious errors an he was trying to take the heat away from himself.

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: February 10, 2017, 11:28:26 PM »

Out of all the low rent companies in the world I have always found BT to be the shining beacon of spine tingling incompetence

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: February 11, 2017, 10:37:01 AM »

No-one can beat the student loan company for incompetence.

Blue text
maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: February 11, 2017, 10:41:41 AM »

Garages giving you a time when your car will be fixed only to be delayed
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: February 11, 2017, 06:25:30 PM »

Garages giving you a time when your car will be fixed only to be delayed

And when you're buying a car and they tell you the deal won't be available when you walk out the door. This happened to me recently so I told them I wouldn't be buying the car then. Funnily enough the same deal was on the table the following week.

bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: February 11, 2017, 06:29:26 PM »

Out of all the low rent companies in the world I have always found BT to be the shining beacon of spine tingling incompetence

I am astounded at how incompetent they truely are. They  fuck it up every time without fail.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2455 on: February 12, 2017, 06:52:08 PM »

Diets/exercise regemes  etc that advise you to consult your doctor before starting.

Have they tried to get a doctors  appointment lately? You have to be at death's door before mine will even consider seeing you.

The Wycher

View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: February 13, 2017, 05:10:04 PM »

Water companies that come to dig up your road, proceed to dig one hole on Monday another on Tuesday and then disappear for the rest of the week. Obviously shutting the road for two weeks is so they can carefully plan how to fill the two holes back in.

The other irony being they turned up in three vans to dig the first hole (three for one hole!) during school drop off and proceeded to park in the most stupid place not actually on the road they were closing!. When challenged they said they would move the vans shortly, what after school run when no one else needed access and therefore much less issue with them parking there, thanks for that most helpful.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: February 17, 2017, 08:24:18 PM »

Poker players who nod their head in time to their music.
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: February 17, 2017, 10:24:09 PM »

I think I'd be more annoyed if they didn't nod their head in time.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: February 17, 2017, 11:04:35 PM »

I think I'd be more annoyed if they didn't nod their head in time.

Read while playing and nodding to Break Some Off. Table really wants to know what I'm listening to so bad.

sola virtus nobilitat
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 162 163 [164] 165 166 167 168 ... 206 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: