blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:28:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Things that piss you off!
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 166 167 [168] 169 170 171 172 ... 206 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Things that piss you off!  (Read 413709 times)
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #2505 on: August 04, 2017, 05:40:24 PM »

When a mate suggests a golf trip away for 2 days and asks you to organise it and then when it comes

to decision day and book it he says "sorry mate got no holidays left "

Numpties.
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: August 04, 2017, 05:43:23 PM »

Banks and Building Societies who have one member of staff behind the counter and

3-4 people hovering around asking a queue of 20 people if they can help.

Yes , get behind the xxxxxxx counter and serve !!!

Wallies
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2507 on: August 04, 2017, 05:45:38 PM »

Banks and Building Societies who have one member of staff behind the counter and

Wallies

THIS  !

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: August 04, 2017, 05:46:52 PM »

Wallies

Omg.  Yes.

bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: August 04, 2017, 05:47:05 PM »

Ex partners/wives who suggest doing a deal on finances and then proceed over the coming months/years

to scupper any kind of deal , even one that they proposed to you to accept and did.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: August 04, 2017, 05:48:55 PM »

Hate it when you're speaking to a company over the phone, they do the security, you explain the situation and they say "right I need to pass you to X department"

Then, first thing that happens when they answer is security AGAIN. Then explain everything... AGAIN.

Tilt.

bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: August 04, 2017, 05:49:27 PM »

Pubs that run out of cloudy cider.

Ridiculous and outrageous.
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: August 04, 2017, 05:51:44 PM »

Hate it when you're speaking to a company over the phone, they do the security, you explain the situation and they say "right I need to pass you to X department"

Then, first thing that happens when they answer is security AGAIN. Then explain everything... AGAIN.

Tilt.

Oh yes !!!! .Had this last week and I went ballistic at them , utter buffoons.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: August 07, 2017, 10:13:58 PM »

Poker players who try to get another player's hand killed.

I have only come across it very rarely, but it happened yesterday, close to the money in the Goliath. I called a bet on the River and the other player said "You win" and slid his cards forward into the middle of the table face down. I said "Do I have to show?", although I knew the answer, but I wanted to make sure there were no issues. The dealer said "No" and I pushed mine forward face down. The dealer swiped mine (I was in seat 10) and the other guy (in seat 3) then reached into the playing area, flipped his cards over and claimed that my cards were dead and he should get the pot. I pulled my cards back from the muck and showed them. He had 89 and I had AJ - there was a J on the board, which was the only connection either of us had made. He didn't let it go and it became a big issue, with the floor being called to make a ruling.

This guy had come back with a top ten stack, having finished in second place on his Day 1, but had lost a flip for more than 200k out of his stack of nearly 600k early on Day 2, and was already down to c 300k.  I'm not usually vindictive, but I did check where he finished and was pleased to see that he didn't even make the top 500, and cashed for less than £300.

How do people like that live with themselves if they win (or even if they don't), knowing that they have got there by cheating? Apart from violence, trying to get another player's hand killed must surely be the absolute lowest thing you can do at a poker table?
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: August 07, 2017, 10:23:42 PM »

Hopefully someone less kind than yourself will be on the receiving end next time, and he'll get clumped.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: August 08, 2017, 01:49:31 AM »

Poker players who try to get another player's hand killed.

I have only come across it very rarely, but it happened yesterday, close to the money in the Goliath. I called a bet on the River and the other player said "You win" and slid his cards forward into the middle of the table face down. I said "Do I have to show?", although I knew the answer, but I wanted to make sure there were no issues. The dealer said "No" and I pushed mine forward face down. The dealer swiped mine (I was in seat 10) and the other guy (in seat 3) then reached into the playing area, flipped his cards over and claimed that my cards were dead and he should get the pot. I pulled my cards back from the muck and showed them. He had 89 and I had AJ - there was a J on the board, which was the only connection either of us had made. He didn't let it go and it became a big issue, with the floor being called to make a ruling.

This guy had come back with a top ten stack, having finished in second place on his Day 1, but had lost a flip for more than 200k out of his stack of nearly 600k early on Day 2, and was already down to c 300k.  I'm not usually vindictive, but I did check where he finished and was pleased to see that he didn't even make the top 500, and cashed for less than £300.

How do people like that live with themselves if they win (or even if they don't), knowing that they have got there by cheating? Apart from violence, trying to get another player's hand killed must surely be the absolute lowest thing you can do at a poker table?

Not having to show a hand to claim a pot should be scrapped. If there's a bet and call then just show, does it really matter if someone is bluffing with 9 high? It's part of the game ffs.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: August 08, 2017, 04:24:32 PM »

Train etiquette of who gets to disembark first, a passenger seated near the door who is looking to get out or the person further back who stood up early. The answer is to always politely let the other person go first but after that I was partially out my isle seat a second guy tried force his way by. If you are in a hurry either get up earlier or don't sit in the middle of the carriage.
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: August 11, 2017, 03:23:20 AM »

Train etiquette of who gets to disembark first, a passenger seated near the door who is looking to get out or the person further back who stood up early. The answer is to always politely let the other person go first but after that I was partially out my isle seat a second guy tried force his way by. If you are in a hurry either get up earlier or don't sit in the middle of the carriage.

Surely you should use plane etiquette? Closest to the door alights first.

Ah! The element of surprise
Whollyflush

View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: August 11, 2017, 11:23:01 AM »

Surely you should use plane etiquette? Closest to the door alights first.

this for me. Always the fun players stand up immediately when the flight has landed in the isle's even though disembark won't happen for 10-15 mins. People seem to have zero chill.

@whollyflush on twitter
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: August 11, 2017, 01:17:48 PM »

I always have to wait until the end for assistance, so just chill out, and laugh at everyone rushing to move nowhere.

Pages: 1 ... 164 165 166 167 [168] 169 170 171 172 ... 206 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: