blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:30:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Things that piss you off!
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 173 174 [175] 176 177 178 179 ... 206 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Things that piss you off!  (Read 411548 times)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #2610 on: February 15, 2018, 06:23:03 PM »

Almost every bottle that contains liquid has a screw top lid.

Cooking oil is one of the the worst things to spill, but most bottles that contain cooking oil have a flip top lid. Why is that?

My guess would be that most of those flip top lids have flow reducing measures to stop it gushing out like and that's easier/cheaper to produce with plastics rather than metals

sola virtus nobilitat
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: February 15, 2018, 06:24:43 PM »

So you're driving along and encounter that basic situation of cars parked on the other side and oncoming vehicles need to stop for their obstruction. Well, sometimes you raise a hand in thanks, sometimes not, not sure about the ethical obligation here? I mean if there's multiple cars parked with gaps are you supposed to thank multiple drivers as you pass each one? That seems twatty if true?

Whatever the point is those drivers who raise their hands in sarcastic thanks if you don't say thanks?!? What the fuck mate? You're legally obliged to stop?! You want me to drive down this road waving like a lunatic at all the cars that didn't cause a head-on collision? I mean one minute you're listening to Abba's Dancing Queen all calm, happy, the next minute you're seething with wtf? It's not right.

I barely twitch my knuckle on the steering wheel now, makes me feel like I acknowledge but doesn't drain too much energy

sola virtus nobilitat
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: February 15, 2018, 06:50:51 PM »

So you're driving along and encounter that basic situation of cars parked on the other side and oncoming vehicles need to stop for their obstruction. Well, sometimes you raise a hand in thanks, sometimes not, not sure about the ethical obligation here? I mean if there's multiple cars parked with gaps are you supposed to thank multiple drivers as you pass each one? That seems twatty if true?

Whatever the point is those drivers who raise their hands in sarcastic thanks if you don't say thanks?!? What the fuck mate? You're legally obliged to stop?! You want me to drive down this road waving like a lunatic at all the cars that didn't cause a head-on collision? I mean one minute you're listening to Abba's Dancing Queen all calm, happy, the next minute you're seething with wtf? It's not right.

I barely twitch my knuckle on the steering wheel now, makes me feel like I acknowledge but doesn't drain too much energy

I reckon everyone thanks everyone is optimal strategy, thank you for waiting, thank you for saying thank you, thank you for thanking me for saying thank you etc. I completely agree that people who get worked up if there is no thank you have lost the plot and are an annoyance.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2613 on: February 15, 2018, 07:26:10 PM »

I reckon the sarcastic thanks are really just genuine thanks from peeps like me who auto-thank everyone.

Thanks.

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2614 on: February 15, 2018, 08:40:54 PM »

Almost every bottle that contains liquid has a screw top lid.

Cooking oil is one of the the worst things to spill, but most bottles that contain cooking oil have a flip top lid. Why is that?

My guess would be that most of those flip top lids have flow reducing measures to stop it gushing out like and that's easier/cheaper to produce with plastics rather than metals

This is what I'm talkin bout.

Click to see full-size image.

The older I get, the better I was.
mikeymike

View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: February 16, 2018, 09:30:59 PM »

The MotherFuc*ers 5 blokes that just nicked my van at 3.57am today. When reported the old bill just said if it turns up we will let you know but do not hold out much hope.

Not even interested that I have the whole event on CCTV.

Then front page of The Times today = Thousands of Prisoners to get out early - what the f**k is going on in this fine country.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: February 16, 2018, 09:42:27 PM »

The MotherFuc*ers 5 blokes that just nicked my van at 3.57am today. When reported the old bill just said if it turns up we will let you know but do not hold out much hope.

Not even interested that I have the whole event on CCTV.

Then front page of The Times today = Thousands of Prisoners to get out early - what the f**k is going on in this fine country.

Austerity.
mikeymike

View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: February 16, 2018, 09:53:09 PM »

Austerity - is not a reason it is an excuse - why are there so many people in prison in the first place.

Also there are millions of people suffering in the UK with a shortage of finances but the vast majority muddle through without stealing.

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: February 16, 2018, 09:57:16 PM »

Austerity - is not a reason it is an excuse - why are there so many people in prison in the first place.

Also there are millions of people suffering in the UK with a shortage of finances but the vast majority muddle through without stealing.

A lot less police and more desperately poor people leads to more crime, it's not an excuse, it's a very valid reason.
mikeymike

View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: February 16, 2018, 10:08:38 PM »

I was brought up in very poor family - some days there was only enough food for us kids - but my mum did not resort to prostitution or stealing she made the best of what she had.

When times are hard people suffer its been a fact since time immemorial 
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: February 16, 2018, 10:15:03 PM »

I was brought up in very poor family - some days there was only enough food for us kids - but my mum did not resort to prostitution or stealing she made the best of what she had.

When times are hard people suffer its been a fact since time immemorial 

Times don't need to be hard, the countries that abandoned austerity are all doing much better.

We can't really assess things like this based on our own experience, well done to your mum but it tells us nothing about how a situation/policy impacts a population.
mikeymike

View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: February 16, 2018, 10:19:23 PM »

These countries also have massive debts which are getting larger everyday - you cannot keep kicking the can down the road - eventually the debt will have to be paid - unless you write it off
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: February 16, 2018, 10:38:03 PM »

I guess it's quite meaningless unless both of us can cite multiple specific examples, I'm on my phone, so it's not easy. Perhaps a conversation for another time? You have my sympathy about the van, terrible thing to happen.
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: March 15, 2018, 09:18:11 AM »

When you book a flight and realise 10 minutes later you got the dates wrong by one day and get charged £150 to change the date when the flight was only £200 to start with.

Ah! The element of surprise
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: March 15, 2018, 09:58:19 AM »

When you book a flight and realise 10 minutes later you got the dates wrong by one day and get charged £150 to change the date when the flight was only £200 to start with.

Been there done that....
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 173 174 [175] 176 177 178 179 ... 206 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: