blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 02:42:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272575 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Laxie Goes Primetime
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 ... 74 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie Goes Primetime  (Read 143037 times)
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #750 on: November 28, 2011, 11:39:51 AM »

Off we go to Toby Keith's I Love This Bar and Grill.  As some couple of Lads went about getting the drinks in, I got us a grand big table to suit the group.  Or so I thought.

Friendly security guard, "You can't sit here Ma'am."

"No?  Oh, sorry."  Quick look around..."Why not?"

"You have to wait until the restaurant stops serving in 20 minutes."

At this point I'm fairly certain I'd looked around at a basically empty establishment the first time, but just to be sure - I have another go at it.  Yep.  Still pretty close to empty.

"But there's nobody here for us to disturb and we've just had dinner across the way."

"Not until dinner stops being served Ma'am."

"Really?  Yer serious?  Surely common sense should prevail here."  Cue blank look from nice security dude...."Reeeeeeeeeeally?  Hmmmm, ok then."

With that, we sorted ourselves at a high stools type spot in the 'bar area' so as not to disturb those in the 'restaurant' 4 feet to our right.  Sigh.  The more I looked over at the comfy tables in the basically empty restaurant, the more annoyed I got.

"Be right back Lads."

Went down to the main hotel manager, had a word and before we were done he'd bought a round of drinks for us and arranged late check out of 2pm for all of us as well.  Handy when our limo wasn't collecting us until 2:30.  Result!

Click to see full-size image.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 11:44:33 AM by Laxie » Logged

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #751 on: November 28, 2011, 11:43:50 AM »

Delboy has a bit of man love going on for Toby Keith

The last Hurrah at Harrah's - myself, technolog, PaulieD, delboy, The_duke, wee man, supernova & newportlad

« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 11:47:14 AM by Laxie » Logged

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #752 on: November 28, 2011, 11:50:29 AM »

Did you try out KGB at Harrah's?

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #753 on: November 28, 2011, 12:05:58 PM »

Thursday was home time but we'd lots to do yet.  Luckily, we weren't too bad the night before and saw some amount of sleep.  Up bright and early, myself and Jack found the local Walgreen's where I stocked up on a few of my favourite American snacks to bring back home. 

Easy Cheesy, triscuits, jolly ranchers, slim jim stix, chex mix, wonka this and that, godiva, hershey, butterfinger bars and last but definitely not least - CHEETOS!  One of my all time top five favourite snacks on the planet.  And NO!!!  They're NOT like yer Wotsits.  Not even close.

I went for a shopping trolley when we walked in the door, but Jack talked me down to a basket.  He had a point.  We were running out of places to pack things.  The look of shock on his face when the clerk announced the total was still pretty comical.  "What?!  But we only got a basket's worth!"  Even she was giggling.  Poor Jack.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #754 on: November 28, 2011, 12:07:40 PM »

Did you try out KGB at Harrah's?

No.  We gave them a miss.  I'd heard about it, but the few who had already been, didn't seem overly impressed by it.  Your thoughts on them?

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #755 on: November 28, 2011, 12:20:15 PM »

Thought was good value, massive portions (obv) and a vodka bar!

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #756 on: November 28, 2011, 12:21:46 PM »

Thought was good value, massive portions (obv) and a vodka bar!

Damn!  If we ever get back there, will have to give them a go.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #757 on: November 28, 2011, 12:49:29 PM »

During the days leading up to this trip I was quietly gutted to be leaving on Thanksgiving Day.  I love that holiday more than Christmas.  It's what Christmas should be.  People getting together, enjoying each other's company over a nice meal and a few relaxing drinks just grateful for the fact that they can.  Forget all the shopping madness, worrying about gifts and general lunacy around the place.  Give me Thanksgiving any day of the week.  Not been since 1995 and I've missed it.

Well, it turned out I wouldn't have to miss it this year.  We met Ger and his family at the buffet where a full Thanksgiving menu had been laid out, as well as all sorts of other things to keep us going.  I showed Jack what would have been on a typical spread at our house in Ohio and that's what we tucked in to for our last Las Vegas meal. 

Might not have been from the comfort of our own home and there were definitely some faces missing from the group, but it had everything else just right.  Good food and good company.  Everyone just relaxing and enjoying.  Perfect enough for me.  And it was icing on my already overflowing thankful cake.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #758 on: November 28, 2011, 12:55:24 PM »

So it was time to go home.  We all gathered at reception and made our way back to the airport.  Everyone was worn out.  Some were struggling more than others and it was plain which ones had tore a hole in it on their last night.

Not mentioning any names obviously, but if you look towards the rear of the limo...

Cough*

Please God, make it stop!

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #759 on: November 28, 2011, 12:59:51 PM »

Bright eyed and not a bother to him - techno grinning mad (at the thought of finally getting some rest)

Matt and Brian were grand too...mostly.

Rod

View Profile
« Reply #760 on: November 28, 2011, 01:09:16 PM »

Great write up of a great trip, totally awesome pics too.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #761 on: November 28, 2011, 01:09:56 PM »

So we made it through the week.  A little bit worn, but unharmed.  We'd survived a 21st, a stag do (minus the stag), APAT, a wedding and Vegas itself.  Impressive going if ya ask me.  Especially considering the age of some few.  

Hadn't planned a return any time soon, but ya never know what propositions might crop up...

Until we meet again, it's goodbye for now Vegas

It was a bit blurry at times, but it was fun

« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 01:11:37 PM by Laxie » Logged

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #762 on: November 28, 2011, 01:15:53 PM »

I only posted a fraction of the photos we took. 

If you're looking for more, you can find the lot here>>>  http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a167/Laxie/APAT%20Vegas/?start=all

Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #763 on: November 28, 2011, 01:35:20 PM »

... We'd survived a ... a stag do (minus the stag), ...

There was a stag - just not the one we were expecting.

And we knew she was definitely the stag because she repeated, "I'm the STA-A-A-G!!!!!", about 50 times throughout the evening Cheesy

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #764 on: November 28, 2011, 01:47:39 PM »

... We'd survived a ... a stag do (minus the stag), ...

There was a stag - just not the one we were expecting.

And we knew she was definitely the stag because she repeated, "I'm the STA-A-A-G!!!!!", about 50 times throughout the evening Cheesy

Her hair was curly that day.  No way she was getting it through no matter how many times (or how loud) she shouted. 

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 ... 74 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: