blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:04:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2274191 Posts in 66765 Topics by 16731 Members
Latest Member: Airdraken
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  RIP Amy Winehouse
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: RIP Amy Winehouse  (Read 20590 times)
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2011, 07:20:53 PM »

Natural selection.

The media need to be fucking put down for this story being anywhere near the Norway attacks, China train crash, US shooting etc. What a disgrace. Fucking retarded country we live in where people care about this one person who kills themselves slowly vs myriad tragedies and awful situations.

It's just the way it is TittyBean.

Amy Winehouse is simply more of story than the Norway thing and will have more people talking hence it is at least equally as important to the media.

Even on this forum there's 2 pages for the Norway tragedy and 4 pages for Amy Winehouse.

Love it or hate it Amy Winehouse is bigger news than 90+ randoms whatever the circumstances.

The only reason this thread is longer is due to the drugs debate although totally agree regards the media, Titbean is also right though, it's insane.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2011, 07:23:31 PM »

Red-Dog made the best post ITT, and was totally ignored.

imo.

It depends on the individual, surely? As a few other non judgemental people have stated already, we've all got our own demons and our own method of dealing with it.

Those of us that smoke understand that we will likely pay a high price for the habit. For my own part, if I shorten my life expectancy by doing something that I enjoy then so be it. It is my choice. I would hope that people would celebrate the things that I achieved in life, or perhaps if it comes soon then mourn that the chance was never realised. But not to say "Yeah. He got what was coming to him."

Heavy drinkers and drug abusers, on the other hand, I find to be a different kettle of fish. These are the folk more likely to be harbouring psychological issues. I just find it sad that people are so quick to condemn them without thought or consideration.

This was obv what I was saying, as I said, I wouldn't expect any sympathy for any future health problems I might have because I decided to cane the drink.

[  ] Truely shocked at Mantis twisting what I said  idiot
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2011, 07:51:52 PM »

As tragic as it is, the death of a soldier on active duty in a warzone just isn't news and a celebrity death will always be of more interest to both press and public

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Supernova

He who laughs last didn't get it.

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2011, 07:53:49 PM »

5 days ago a true British hero was killed in action fighting for our country. Did you know this? Do you know his name? Do you care?
A smackhead loser dies and its all over the news and all over facebook within minutes. RIP Corporal Mark Anthony Palin from 1st Battalion The Rifles , '...We will remember them'.

Why does it have to be one or the other? Can you not have sympathy for both?

Yes I can, but my feelings are the same as some of the previous posts in that she surely had the financial ability and every opportunity to get cleaned up along with the social standing to have access to the best treatment. There are lots of people that don't have that.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 07:55:50 PM by Supernova » Logged

The hurricane with my name when it came
I got drunk and I dared it to wash me away
Barricaded in the bathroom with a bottle of wine
Well, me and my ghosts, we had a hell of a time
Yes, I'm haunted but I'm feeling just fine
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2011, 08:16:13 PM »

imo.

It depends on the individual, surely? As a few other non judgemental people have stated already, we've all got our own demons and our own method of dealing with it.

Those of us that smoke understand that we will likely pay a high price for the habit. For my own part, if I shorten my life expectancy by doing something that I enjoy then so be it. It is my choice. I would hope that people would celebrate the things that I achieved in life, or perhaps if it comes soon then mourn that the chance was never realised. But not to say "Yeah. He got what was coming to him."

Heavy drinkers and drug abusers, on the other hand, I find to be a different kettle of fish. These are the folk more likely to be harbouring psychological issues. I just find it sad that people are so quick to condemn them without thought or consideration.

This was obv what I was saying, as I said, I wouldn't expect any sympathy for any future health problems I might have because I decided to cane the drink.

If I wanted to respond to a point you made I would quote you so don't take it personally kid. Maybe you should smoke a little buddha to chill out a bit? Or maybe you've smoked too much and you get paranoid sometimes? My point was aimed at everyone who stands in judgement of the choices people want to make with the time that they have in life. I don't see that Amy Winehouse harmed anyone and upon balance her music prob inspired many people so I think her life was more than worthwhile. The junkie tag is never warranted when you give more than you take from life imo. I think politics, violence and guns kill many more people in this world and the subjects of Norway and Afghanistan raised itt are just two examples of that.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2011, 08:21:58 PM »

imo.

If I wanted to respond to a point you made I would quote you so don't take it personally kid. Maybe you should smoke a little buddha to chill out a bit? Or maybe you've smoked too much and you get paranoid sometimes? My point was aimed at everyone who stands in judgement of the choices people want to make with the time that they have in life. I don't see that Amy Winehouse harmed anyone and upon balance her music prob inspired many people so I think her life was more than worthwhile. The junkie tag is never warranted when you give more than you take from life imo. I think politics, violence and guns kill many more people in this world and the subjects of Norway and Afghanistan raised itt are just two examples of that.

Seemed like it was since it was straight after my post and related to something I had said but ok, my bad.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 24, 2011, 08:29:55 PM »

A quote from another soldier I know-

'She's a waste of space. I deploy to Afghanistan in September for 6 months and no doubt we will lose people. What do they get ? 30 seconds on Sky News where as junkie-tits is the first thing on the news and daft fuckers falling over themselves to say how talented she was.

I won't lose sleep over someone who has been gifted a life and then throws it away !!!

Everyone feeling sorry for Amy Winehouse? Think about this. She buys some heroin, most of the heroin on the UK streets comes from Afghanistan, the money from that deal goes to the taliban, which pays for bomb parts and bullets that are aimed for a soldier. A soldier gets killed and possilbily leaves a wife/husband, kids & family behind! Tell me now that you feel sorry for the poor girl that had everything!!!!'
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 24, 2011, 08:30:34 PM »

imo.

Just one example:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/4948001/Amy-Winehouse-charged-with-assault.html

Junkies do lots of indirect damage too. But she was also in a position to be a role model - god knows what damage her example to young girls has done...

I reckon death at 27 is prob a very good example to set young people ref the dangers of drug use

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 24, 2011, 08:42:18 PM »

Just to get the point across that seems to be being missed, I'm not feeling any sympathy towards Amy Winehouse, and I didn't think anyone is suggesting a soldier dying at war is the same as a celebrity dying due to heavy drug abuse so not sure why that keeps getting said. I just don't feel the need to judge her, or label her, when I never knew her. Also why on earth do people just expect someone who has a talent and gets rich from it to then become completely mentally perfect and a beacon for society, it's an idiotic way of thinking and complete lack of understanding of life imo.
taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 24, 2011, 09:01:21 PM »

A quote from another soldier I know-

'She's a waste of space. I deploy to Afghanistan in September for 6 months and no doubt we will lose people. What do they get ? 30 seconds on Sky News where as junkie-tits is the first thing on the news and daft fuckers falling over themselves to say how talented she was.

I won't lose sleep over someone who has been gifted a life and then throws it away !!!

Everyone feeling sorry for Amy Winehouse? Think about this. She buys some heroin, most of the heroin on the UK streets comes from Afghanistan, the money from that deal goes to the taliban, which pays for bomb parts and bullets that are aimed for a soldier. A soldier gets killed and possilbily leaves a wife/husband, kids & family behind! Tell me now that you feel sorry for the poor girl that had everything!!!!'

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 24, 2011, 09:39:45 PM »

I agree that Pete Doherty and his public image is a good example to support the scum line. But let's talk about more popular drug abusers in the music business instead because there are loads to choose from. Elvis Presley died after years of drug abuse at just 42 but is fondly remembered as the King of Rock & Roll. Is he scum that wasted his life? Michael Jackson died after years of drug abuse but will always be the King of Pop. Is he scum that wasted his life? Man, even Keith Richards is legendary in the rock world for the sheer scale of his drug abuse. Don't know whose business it is to dish out the scum tag and what criteria it involves really. All I know is I loved the music of Elvis, Jacko, The Stones and Winehouse and don't really care that much what they did personally. I also liked James Dean but he wasted his life speeding through the mountains in his Porsche, oh and loved INXS but Hutchence wasted his life hanging himself by accident. People do all sorts of idiot things to themselves in life. Not sure why Winehouse is singled out for the scum tag really.

redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2011, 09:52:35 PM »

+1 - I don't remember ever seeing this comparison with soldiers in Afghanistan with other people that have died.  It is as though her use of drugs means that any sympathy for her death isn't valid.  I happen to think it is sad if someone dies irrespective of how and what lives they have led.

MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2011, 10:06:48 PM »

And on the subject of soldiers they are historically some of the most frequent users of drugs during wartime. Every war there's ever been details major drug use by troops. Everyone in Vietnam was stoned out of their boxes, in WW2 they took amphetamines to keep going, pretty easy for soldiers to score in Afghanistan imo and the list goes on. I think soldiers get a pretty good press in comparison to celebs ref drug abuse really. Pretty dangerous to be off your tits with a loaded gun imo but I don't judge them as scum either. If I was fighting in those battles I'd probably get wired as well.

outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 25, 2011, 12:42:30 AM »

Are all people that take drugs scum? Or just the addicts? And what about addicts that can afford a habit and don't affect society like Amy? Scum or ok to do as she wishes?

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 25, 2011, 12:52:01 AM »

+1 - I don't remember ever seeing this comparison with soldiers in Afghanistan with other people that have died.  It is as though her use of drugs means that any sympathy for her death isn't valid.  I happen to think it is sad if someone dies irrespective of how and what lives they have led.

No, not comparing. I, and many, many others are outraged that there is so much bleating and outpouring over someone who has essentially destroyed herself. But from all my friends (army and non army), what makes it all the worse is the relegation of the Norwegians and Cpl Palin to the margins.

People trying to excuse her lifestyle accentuate it even further and make me sick to the pits of my stomach

You literally haven't read a word that the other side of this debate has said about the situation, like I said a few pages back the debate is a total waste of time. Did you even bother to read relaedgc's first post, if you did are you seriously saying you can't feel any empathy at all to his brother's situation or the many, many others who've had to deal with similar ? Not one person itt has made one excuse for Amy Winehouse, you've just made post after post going on a tirade about her specifically without even acknowledging other peoples points. Clearly you aren't the only person that thinks your way, far from it, and everyone can have there own opinion. Myself, I can't understand the logic behind yours and other's thinking.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: