blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:27:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 206 207 [208] 209 210 211 212 ... 383 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20  (Read 612019 times)
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #3105 on: November 30, 2015, 03:05:53 PM »

Had a bloody good win yesterday.  Well, any win is a good win but I managed to rack up 148 points.  Mainly due to the Pittsburgh/Seattle game when Wilson picked out Baldwin a couple of times for big touchdowns.  Sorry Sheriff, you were looking good up until that game Cheesy  It was a cracking match, glad I stayed up for it.

I'd just like to say that I'm really enjoying the FF and am finding it much better than our football FF.  I like that only one person can have a player - it's great that if you have  a good week, you have a good week. In our FF, if I have a good week, so has everyone else but they've triple captain'd or some crap that means I'm still bottom of the pile!  Will definitely be in next season.  If there's any spaces in other leagues (pref cheap or free) then I think I'd like to add a league or two.  I did join a random league but I'm the only one that's doing anything (and I'm still not top!)

Well done on the win, Graham.

Glad you're enjoying it.  It seems to be the case with all the newcomers that they get the bug for it from playing (subtle plug for next season!) but it genuinely does increase your understanding and enjoyment of the NFL in general.

I'll add you to the reserve list for the Dynasty League.

Thanks.  I'm certainly learning.  It'll take a while but I'll get there.  The Dynasty league sounds good, I think I'd develop a good team eventually

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3106 on: November 30, 2015, 03:43:50 PM »

Is there enough bodies floating about interested in another dynasty league?

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #3107 on: November 30, 2015, 06:22:40 PM »

I would happily have a team to make up the numbers on the caveat that new players get first crack.
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3108 on: November 30, 2015, 08:12:51 PM »

In

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3109 on: November 30, 2015, 08:16:23 PM »

so new dynasty league

ironside
fatstu
graham
sharplee
nakor

i can do research on how they work
and best site for it to save curtis the extra work

i was also thinking of setting up a league for next season with IDP if people are intrested

Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #3110 on: November 30, 2015, 08:24:52 PM »

What's IDP?

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #3111 on: November 30, 2015, 08:32:09 PM »

so new dynasty league

ironside
fatstu
graham
sharplee
nakor

i was also thinking of setting up a league for next season with IDP if people are intrested

Save the IDP for a few seasons yet - I wouldn't want to ruin newbies by confusing them.

Graham - IDP is Individual Defensive Players. Basically a bigger team and you need to know all about defenders as well.
fatcatstu

View Profile
« Reply #3112 on: November 30, 2015, 09:19:20 PM »

IDP is bloody glorious!!! The pure form of fantasy football. Means you have to properly do your research Cheesy

I currently have a player who is projected 3 points a week by yahoo, and gets at least regularly. Its these little things that I love about Fantasy football

Yahoo is the best site for ant fantasy stuff IMO, simply as it has stattracker to sit and watch on a sunday. The generaly site is far easier to use than NFL.com too.

I dont mind helping run it if you need me to mate.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 09:20:51 PM by fatcatstu » Logged
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3113 on: November 30, 2015, 10:21:49 PM »

adam i was thinking of a totally new league (not the dynasty one) for more experienced players for the IDP league

the eagles dynasty league i joined this year had them and i was totally lost and confused for first few weeks

but love them now i recognise defenders during a game now and now know alot more players

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3114 on: November 30, 2015, 10:40:31 PM »

ok the playoffs teams in the B league are nearly sorted all it needs is for Javorious Allen to score 2.4 points tonight and kingson dreadlocks will join tree dills hills, spider y 2 banana and opps eiferted in the play offs

if Allen trips over his own shoe laces fumbles and gets benched for rest of the game tonight then kingston would get the place with a win in either of his last 2 games by losing tonight and in his last 2 games will open the place for its all chicken and shrimps and myself we would need to win both our games if we wanted to take the last spot and kingston has a better H2H record against us so would get the spot incase of a tie in games

Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #3115 on: December 01, 2015, 12:00:29 AM »

so new dynasty league

ironside
fatstu
graham
sharplee
nakor

Save the IDP for a few seasons yet - I wouldn't want to ruin newbies by confusing them.

Graham - IDP is Individual Defensive Players. Basically a bigger team and you need to know all about defenders as well.

Lol, one step at a time!

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3116 on: December 01, 2015, 11:33:10 PM »

adam i was thinking of a totally new league (not the dynasty one) for more experienced players for the IDP league

the eagles dynasty league i joined this year had them and i was totally lost and confused for first few weeks

but love them now i recognise defenders during a game now and now know alot more players

I've tried a few IDP leagues now and I'm not a fan.  To me, it takes the randomness of the team defence/ST's and multiplies it by each IDP player on the roster.

Save for a few stud players, everyone else is pretty much interchangeable, especially in the DL/DE positions.

For those interested in the D-League, I'd be happy to run another one next season alongside the existing one with the same structure, and Yahoo is definitely the best site to use for them, based on my experiences.  I like the idea of new players getting priority, but there might be a few spots left over.  You could possibly get away with a 12 team league with the structure used at the moment (which is a 10 team league) but definitely no more than that (30 man rosters needed for the rookie draft picks / developmental players).

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
fatcatstu

View Profile
« Reply #3117 on: December 01, 2015, 11:53:44 PM »

I much prefer 10 team leagues to 12 anyway, leaves more wriggle room for having decent strength in squads, 12 can leave teams being threadbare after a few injuries.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #3118 on: December 01, 2015, 11:59:19 PM »

I would prefer not to include defenses in the teams. Far too random.

Even though I've had a terrible season, I've enjoyed playing in a 10 man league more.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3119 on: December 02, 2015, 12:02:50 AM »

i think 10 in a D league with a 30 man roster is big enough, it will be hard enough to find a player off the waiver in it
but you should have enough depth to your squad

if you were going to make it a 12 man league you would need to cut roster to 25 IMHO

Pages: 1 ... 204 205 206 207 [208] 209 210 211 212 ... 383 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: