blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:34:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20
Pages: 1 ... 333 334 335 336 [337] 338 339 340 341 ... 383 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20  (Read 612025 times)
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5040 on: November 06, 2019, 01:00:35 AM »

Guys can we please drop it, we don't need to get on to play the game but a bit of civility on this forum would be appreciated.

any future uncivil conduct from any party will end up with suspension of post rights on the forum

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5041 on: November 06, 2019, 10:33:21 AM »

I agree with Iron's sentiment that we shouldn't continue the argument any further.  I'm now aware of the team selection issue (which, I'd not picked up on prior to bobby1's post) and that the league isn't Matty's immediate real-life priority right now so, from a League management perspective there's nothing further to be gained by continued argument about it.

The rules, in terms of dealing with this situation, are well established, but I've posted the relevant info below for everyone's clarity:

2) Abandoned Teams
Pretty much the only thing I ask of managers who join the league is that they continue to manage their teams to the end, no matter how badly they're doing.  The reason for this is that the integrity of the league depends on everyone staying involved.  This season is the first time I've been over-subscribed for the league (we've had one reserve who I couldn't accommodate this time around) so we now have the possibility of replacing managers in future seasons if they don't abide by these principles.

For clarity, all I'm talking about here is taking the 10 minutes each week to set your best available line-up and, in particular, to deal with players on bye weeks or with long-term injuries so that they're not sitting in your starting line up.  I can live with occasional lapses, but am more concerned with persistent, sustained abandonment which will likely result in someone not being invited back next year.

However, in the event that a team does become abandoned, then the treatment I will adopt is to do nothing with their team in terms of changing it's line up.  This is the fairest method available as the advantage/disadvantage to other managers is effectively random (i.e. I don't know at this point who will benefit from this, whereas any intervention at the time will have a clear outcome in terms of creating an advantage/disadvantage for someone, potentially myself).

The one exception is if someone maliciously abandons their team and dumps all the players back into the free agent pool (where the advantage of this would depend on the current waiver priority).  In this case, I will intervene to return the abandoned team to it's previous state, before then treating as an abandoned team as above.

Ultimately, the league is meant to be a bit of fun for all participating, with a low entry fee reflecting that.  Real-life sometimes gets in the way, as you'd expect.  The above rule covers the handling of the situation without me needing to understand the underlying causes any further, and hopefully it explains the logic of why doing nothing, roster-wise, is the fairest way to deal with it.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #5042 on: November 06, 2019, 12:32:27 PM »

Ah so now the late night post jibes aren’t meant to mean exactly what I’ve said but just mean, what exactly, that I only post when I’m tired now? Sure, that makes sense.

You are right I really couldn’t give a shiny about the league at the moment - someone who is in the league and does read this forum sent me a screenshot of your pathetic comment above, hence me coming on. If you don’t like being called out on it or don’t want a response then just don’t fucking say it, or drop me a PM. Little sarcy digs in front of your mates are just a cum guzzling bully’s traits, nothing else.

I’m sorry if me not changing my team since week 2 has really given anyone an unfair advantage, I believe I’ve paid my money and can set my team however the fuck I want.

What it means is you only post late at night and it's your time to have your dig and then pop off again til the next time you fancy a rant late at night. The actual words I wrote gave that away. Not what you've just made up instead.

Scumbag, angle shooter , tosser and cum guzzling on the forum without mentioning the inappropriate pictures that were removed but I should politely drop you a PM?  Basically you sound unwell so I'll leave you with yourself after this post.

Correct, but there is an abs minimum your need to do each week, set up a team for that week. Which you have failed to do. All the name calling and making things up in your head and then posting them doesn't change any of that. You've clearly already done enough in my opinion to be excluded from next season after reading through the post above.

My vote would be to freeze your team now as it. Almost 1/2 of the teams have played you without a full team already so unfair for the match ups to come to let you change it now. I'll happily send your £20 back to you if you want but keep that amount in the prize pool so the winners don't suffer from you being excluded. Maybe it's time you considered just doing that yourself as its pretty clear you have no intention of being properly involved.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
MattyHollis

View Profile
« Reply #5043 on: November 06, 2019, 12:55:30 PM »

I’ll reply in about 9 hours time pal just to not break trend.

In the meantime, dry your eyes.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5044 on: November 12, 2019, 08:54:30 AM »

What a clusterfck managed to grab defeat from jaws of victory over night didn't think it was possible

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5045 on: November 12, 2019, 10:07:33 AM »

I managed to discover that my starting QB was injured, about 15 minutes after his game had kicked off.  It cost me my game this week.

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #5046 on: November 12, 2019, 01:29:00 PM »

Trade in the dynasty

Arkansas Gravediggers receive Gerald Everett (TE, Los Angeles Rams)

The Shaggy Defense receive 2020 2nd Round pick

I have dropped Adam Vinatieri to free up the roster spot.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #5047 on: November 12, 2019, 01:32:39 PM »

Confirmed, good luck bud.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #5048 on: November 19, 2019, 02:30:45 PM »

I'm interested in trading away Keenan Allen in the D league before the trade deadline later this week if anyone is interested.

Thanks

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5049 on: November 19, 2019, 08:34:56 PM »

ouch for dean

small margins can make or break a season

1st meet with me i won 98.46-98.12
last nights meet he was winning by 5 points until the last drive when Mike Williams caught he 2nd pass of the night for 50 yards final score 130.28-129.52

his 129 points was only bettered by 1 other team so he now lies in 10th spot in league

finally get a win in the redraft league pointless win though as i could no longer make the play offs

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #5050 on: November 21, 2019, 04:48:27 PM »

ouch for dean

last nights meet he was winning by 5 points until the last drive when Mike Williams caught he 2nd pass of the night for 50 yards final score 130.28-129.52

his 129 points was only bettered by 1 other team so he now lies in 10th spot in league

finally get a win in the redraft league pointless win though as i could no longer make the play offs

Lol Rub down.. woods was a scratch at game time too.. incredible

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5051 on: November 21, 2019, 11:10:07 PM »

ouch for dean

Lol Rub down.. woods was a scratch at game time too.. incredible

yeah that was a shocker i was lucky in leagues i had him that i noticed 15 minutes before the start and was able to get a sub in

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5052 on: December 10, 2019, 01:42:47 PM »

so my redraft team finally starts to perform now that i missed the play offs

roll on next season

dynasty league how is draft pick sorted?

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5053 on: December 10, 2019, 02:55:13 PM »

so my redraft team finally starts to perform now that i missed the play offs

roll on next season

dynasty league how is draft pick sorted?

Once out of contention, the draft order favours those teams who continue to win in the consolation games (to discourage deliberate tanking to improve draft pick order).

Draft Order       
1.01   Consol Winner         
1.02   Consol Runner Up         
1.03   Consol 3rd Place         
1.04   Consol 4th Place         
1.05   5th Place Game Winner         
1.06   6th Place         
1.07   3rd Place Game Winner         
1.08   4th Place         
1.09   Runner Up         
1.10   Winner     

ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #5054 on: December 19, 2019, 12:40:28 PM »

or the Redraft Net Year we need to move to sleeper

The functionality is unreal

Good Luck Bobby1 in the final. You will need it Wink

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
Pages: 1 ... 333 334 335 336 [337] 338 339 340 341 ... 383 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: