blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 01:06:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272930 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Grand Prix Overlay now projected at €119,500 !!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Grand Prix Overlay now projected at €119,500 !!  (Read 36400 times)
suzanne

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2011, 01:56:40 AM »

Lol I won a sat tuesday and I've not
Been entered!!! The guy who came 2nd in my sat has been tho?!
Very odd.
Email sent!!!

Im sure it will be sorted, good luck x

PS If there is a car share going from Bristol let me know please and I will give it a go.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 01:59:08 AM by suzanne » Logged
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2011, 07:38:51 AM »

I really hope DTD can bounce back from this but for me there was a number of issues...

Setting the buyin at €60 and offering a re-entry was great but once you posted that the min-cash was €75 it made people reluctant to have more than one or two bullets. I had 3 and know a number of people that wouldn't have more than 3 because it wouldn't be worth their while, with travel, hotel and what not.
Also the buyin doesn't appeal to those rolled for £300-£1,000 tourneys, it's aimed at the lower market, however it's aimed at those who are only really going to fire one shot at the €60 buyin. I know at least 5 people that have played 1 Day 1 but can't justify spending more than €60 and they don't have their head in the poker world on a daily basis (reading blogs/tweets) to know that Golden Chip sattys were running. I tried to explain that they needed to play a golden chip sub satty to get into a day 1 and if they got through that and into Day 2 AND made the FT then they'd get extra cash.

Don't get me wrong this was a fantastic idea and I'm sure everyone will agree we all thought it would be a success however hindsight is a wonderful thing and I think in order to make the best of a bad situation it's crucial to identify where exactly it went wrong.

For a tournament of this structure aimed at this market I think an €11 entry is plenty, €60 is just that little too much for people to have multiple shots. Even those who grind $50-$100 tourneys daily regularly online don't see the point in having more than two pops at this.

All the best in your final week with this I hope the overlay is minimal but I'm sure the knowledge gained from this tournament will only make DTD a stronger force on the European poker scene.

Best of luck.

Tom
i just dont get these statements ITS A 250k prizepool thats 1k entry prizepool

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
leethefish

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2011, 07:44:48 AM »

i really hope a miracle happens to  minimize this overlay ill be heading to Leicester gala this week to spread the word.

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
FezioJnr

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2011, 07:52:11 AM »

i just dont get these statements ITS A 250k prizepool thats 1k entry prizepool

What's not to understand? The market this tournament is aimed at is the lower end of the market and simply the majority of these players aren't rolled for what's technically a €60 rebuy. With the poor online structure these buyins can soon add up and people just aren't willing to spend more than €120.

Granted there is now an anticipated huge overlay which will no doubt encourage people to have a couple more goes but unless the majority of this target market have suddenly turned into a bunch of mindless gamblers they aren't going to part with more money they can afford to lose, that's just the way it is and I believe the prize point is a big factor to the low turnouts.
leethefish

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2011, 08:05:49 AM »

i disagree my Mr's ain't rolled   to buy in any 60 euro tourney.... let alone re enter,

so she made use of the satellites that have been running for months ...(2 euros) and she got 3 golden chips total spend 30ish euro

this is a massive prizepool why would you not take advantage for a little outlay.

www.ageuk.org.uk/

FezioJnr

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2011, 09:08:39 AM »

i disagree my Mr's ain't rolled   to buy in any 60 euro tourney.... let alone re enter,

so she made use of the satellites that have been running for months ...(2 euros) and she got 3 golden chips total spend 30ish euro

this is a massive prizepool why would you not take advantage for a little outlay.

That's fair enough. I'm just going by what I know from friends that are playing. I'd say there is roughly 7 of them and all of them have set a limit of 2/3 buyins max and one of the reasons is because they can't afford to enter more than a few times.

The overlay is great but if someone can't afford to keep re-entering time after time then they can't afford it, regardless of the value.

I think it's important we try and identify where the issues are with this tourney in order to help DTD nail in 100% next time.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2011, 11:04:49 AM »

Not sure that it's a 'poor online structure' - it's the same structure as the live one with a shortened clock reflecting the increased hands/hour...

If there's a fault in this I think it's the terminology that's been used. Referring to the current round of tournaments as 'Day One' seems to have confused a lot of the people I've talked to about entering. I think it may have been better to have marketed it as a 250,000 guaranteed deepstack which could only be entered via the satellites/qualifiers.
Run the qualifiers over a much longer period with satellites running alongside right up to the last - I'd be running satellites today and probably through to Thursday. I'd run some through the day too, it's school/university holidays and even if a 1300 satellite only generated one extra 60E buyin then that's one more off the overlay.

I didn't think I was free next weekend but now find that i am and had my first shot aat qualifying on Saturday. I'll be trying again. One time I'd like the software to not dick me over with flopped 2nd nuts running into flopped nuts...

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
LippyJesyer
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2011, 11:30:38 AM »

Hi guys - Obv support to DTD and hope the overlay is not too bad but a guess the report of such a huge overlay can only help the potential number of players involved and give the players added value without crippling a much loved club.

I heard through the grapevine that you were extending the Online day 1's into this week is this a true fact? if so do you have any details?

GG lad GG
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2011, 11:34:34 AM »

Hi guys - Obv support to DTD and hope the overlay is not too bad but a guess the report of such a huge overlay can only help the potential number of players involved and give the players added value without crippling a much loved club.

I heard through the grapevine that you were extending the Online day 1's into this week is this a true fact? if so do you have any details?

7pm and 9pm nightly 60 euros with reentries

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
LippyJesyer
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2011, 11:38:35 AM »

7pm and 9pm nightly 60 euros with reentries

Cheers!

GG lad GG
Rotty

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2011, 11:41:48 AM »

Would be nice if the amiount going through was guaranteed at a min of 10% , I think there was an online one with 24 runners which got 2 seats was was 8.3%, then again maybe that would cause logistical problems

That apart I will continue to support this by mindlessly donking off more cash Wink
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 11:43:21 AM by Rotty » Logged

david3103

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2011, 11:57:22 AM »

Would be nice if the amiount going through was guaranteed at a min of 10% , I think there was an online one with 24 runners which got 2 seats was was 8.3%, then again maybe that would cause logistical problems

That apart I will continue to support this by mindlessly donking off more cash Wink

25 runners = 3 seats = 12% it all evens out in the long run
I had arbboy on my table on saturday night encouraging all and sundry to bust out and re-enter to take us from 24 to 25 and increase seats by 50%

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Rotty

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2011, 12:15:25 PM »

25 runners = 3 seats = 12% it all evens out in the long run
Yes, I have no problem in the fairness, was just an idea to maybe attract a few more and limit losses

Mitch

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2011, 12:43:07 PM »

Howabout running some all in satellites at the club? 10 players, €60 each, flipament, winner gets seat. I'll play till I get one...I'm good at them skill games you see!

Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2011, 12:44:32 PM »

Can someone give me cliffs on the tourney and when I'd have to play live if "won/qualified" online?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: