blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:06:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  "The Downswings of Property and Poker"
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 239 240 [241] 242 243 244 245 ... 291 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "The Downswings of Property and Poker"  (Read 594839 times)
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #3600 on: July 15, 2014, 07:50:33 PM »

This scenario happened to a friend of mine and it took over 12 months to get them out. As soon as he gave them notice they stopped paying rent and never payed again. Previous to this they were model tenants and kept the house in a good state of repair. They wrecked the house at the end.

The worsed of it was this house was directly behind his own and they taunted him every day.

Another friend of dubious nature used to hire thugs to terrorise his tenants when they messed about. He was taken to court many times but got away with it every time.

Ah! The element of surprise
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3601 on: July 15, 2014, 07:54:18 PM »

There was a guy in Enfield that used to turn up at the door with two Rottweilers. He would warn then he would be back tomorrow, and would be letting them loose in the house whether they have moved or not. I'm fairly sure that's legal too, so should he ok if you chose that option.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #3602 on: July 15, 2014, 08:35:16 PM »

The thing is if you write and confirm that she can stay till September you then need to serve another section 21, 2 month notice on them so we have sent a solicitors letter to her saying we still require possession on the 3rd and will start of the process if we don't get the keys.

It's actually the timing more than the extra months as that could impact on the saleability or the end price achieved due to time of year plus we could have 4-6 void months as opposed to the planned 3.

@ Arboy - don't always believe the press bud Wink

Will update if she's gone on the 3rd, or not as most likely.....

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3603 on: July 15, 2014, 08:38:47 PM »

The thing is if you write and confirm that she can stay till September you then need to serve another section 21, 2 month notice on them so we have sent a solicitors letter to her saying we still require possession on the 3rd and will start of the process if we don't get the keys.

It's actually the timing more than the extra months as that could impact on the saleability or the end price achieved due to time of year plus we could have 4-6 void months as opposed to the planned 3.

@ Arboy - don't always believe the press bud Wink

Will update if she's gone on the 3rd, or not as most likely.....

Since when do the Daily Mail not tell the truth!!!!  They love a SE housing price boom story.  Must be 5 a week.  I started thinking it was guys like you writing them for the DM!

In all seriousness best of luck getting her out asap.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 08:48:17 PM by arbboy » Logged
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3604 on: July 15, 2014, 09:41:29 PM »

Now that's what you call a long update Cheesy

Glad to hear all is well, albeit incredibly busy!

Bar the squatter, obviously... Hope you can get the out lively, and they don't cause too much agg.

Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #3605 on: July 16, 2014, 09:52:08 AM »

Hi Rich, i see you've been a busy boy. Hopefully see you at DtD soon.

Ps. I know a guy called Barry from Sheffield, he might be able to help with your tenant.

outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #3606 on: July 18, 2014, 10:16:23 PM »

Once you hear it you will never sing the correct lyrics again !

This guy is so fkn amazing he even has Beyoncé writing songs about him!

Massive sigh on the house & obv gimme a shout when you need more help :0)

<3 the Eso

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #3607 on: July 18, 2014, 11:40:00 PM »

Ps. I know a guy called Barry from Sheffield, he might be able to help with your tenant.

Ye just imagine Barry Neville in your living room telling you bad neat stories you'd soon move out
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #3608 on: July 19, 2014, 09:06:56 AM »

Ye just imagine Barry Neville in your living room telling you bad neat stories you'd soon move out
Whilst trying to sell you some Tommy Hilfinger t-shirts and a Ralph Laurel suit...

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #3609 on: July 19, 2014, 09:11:15 AM »

Once you hear it you will never sing the correct lyrics again !

This guy is so fkn amazing he even has Beyoncé writing songs about him!

Massive sigh on the house & obv gimme a shout when you need more help :0)

<3 the Eso
Lolz nice to see you back posting again Wink

Thanks for the help so far bud and will let you know when it moves to the next step.

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #3610 on: July 28, 2014, 05:27:16 PM »

Well the "sell your home for £99" promotion has kicked off well and as I previously posted it's not about rinsing buyers for 2% but about gaining instructions across the summer period and over the first 7days we saw an uplift of 50% in booked valuations which admittedly over a small sample size beats any 7 day period over the past 2 months and the offices are on target for their highest listing numbers at any point in the 3 1/2 years I have been with the company.

The other agents have hated the launch as when we do a promotion, we do a promotion!
This is how the offices look

Click to see full-size image.

One agent has took umbridge to our full pages adverts and extra pages of property to go alongside it by sending us a legal letter saying they wish us to stop advertising it as "The Cheapest Way to Sell Your Property" which is pretty comical as unless the agent is prepared to sell a home fee free it is impossible to beat it.

It is just a case of big agent trying to stop little agent from being different so we have sent them a nice letter back!

On the back of the promotion we are dropping 15'000 of these

to homes in the area every 3-4 weeks so the droppers are busy which means as the sole leaflet we receive £90 per thousand from the estate agents and pay the droppers £60 per thousand (so that they are incentivized to actually drop them) and my newest dropper is currently earning about £10.50 per hour walking the streets in the Essex sun and Swift leaflets get £30 per thousand for just dropping them at the homes of the delivery guys.

I didnt go into too much detail about the hypnotherapy I am currently receiving as I didnt really know what to expect to be honest but for the first time in my life I actually felt with loads going well in life it would be a shame to have a big blow out and spunk a load of money as when I am left to my own devices I am still likely to have a splurge and cannot rid myself of the stupid little bets that iron out the well thought out ones that I would send Dubai hence why I win with him and lose out of my own pocket so I decided I would have a go at knocking it on the head completely but as I said previously I didnt want it to take away any sense of competitiveness I had when I played poker as for me I can differentiate the two.

So for the past 3 weeks I have been to see this guy who on the first session asked me loads of questions and then explained how the future sessions would work and having never been hynotized before I went into it open minded, was I hypnotized who knows as I was in a concious state and able to speak and knew what I was saying but if someone had come into the room I would not have been able to tell you and my body/mind felt completely relaxed.

The first hypno session I answered questions about life events and again last week he delved deeper into things I had said and came out of my hypno state at the end with a feeling of having been asleep but awake if that makes sense?  Anyway this past 2 weeks has resulted in me not really having a desire to punt and despite still seeing a copy of "The Racing Post" (others buy it in the office/ circle of people who I am with) for whatever reason I have abstained and anytime a thought about a punt has popped into my head it gets replaced by thoughts of the family (could be coincidence obvs).

I have really tried to replace the buzz in the other area's of my life that are thriving and no doubt as I have an addictive personality these things will now replace that side of me.

Talking of the family, Max is now in his 5th week of mini footie and considering the kids in the group are between 2 1/2 and 4 they put them through it and teach them discipline from day 1 and also competition as each week someone wins player of the week so if they have listened and done anything the coaches asked they tend to win.  Max struggled initially with this but since I have been taking him he builds himself up (probably a bit too much!) to win the trophy and last week we had tears when he didnt win!

This week I got him a little chocolate medal and he knows if he has done well but didnt win he may get that or one of my old footie trophies as in my biased opinion he showed more improvements in attitude and listening as well as the drills to deserve it.

Having played professionally myself I honesty do not remember doing this kind of thing at such an early age (in before any age related gags) but each week is really structured and they finish with a little 4 a side game hat is basically kick and rush Wink

Here is the wee man where in the first one they had to run and could then just shoot with the laces into the goal or could stop and kick it in

Then this one they did the same but having kicked the first one had to run back and touch a cone and go back to shoot the second, unfortunately a lady walked past during this one and then back spoiling my covert filming of Max (pretty sad that you cannot film your own kid in these drills and feel like a criminal even trying to)

2nd place medal Sad

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #3611 on: August 04, 2014, 05:50:39 PM »

This is the number 1 agent in one of our towns and just goes to show you cant please everybody all of the time!!

I have seen the thickness of our windows and it must take some force to stick an agents board through it.

Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #3612 on: August 04, 2014, 08:03:45 PM »

This is the number 1 agent in one of our towns and just goes to show you cant please everybody all of the time!!

I have seen the thickness of our windows and it must take some force to stick an agents board through it.

What did you shove it with? Been working out?!
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #3613 on: August 06, 2014, 11:18:13 PM »

I know I have touched on the hynotherapy I am currently receiving but felt I would write this as you never know who may stumble across the post and how it may help them in the future.

Basically I am just a massive punter ( but you could apply this to any addiction I guess ) and over the past few weeks have come to realise this having been through a process with George my hynotherapist.  For many years I punted off fortunes as well documented in the early days of this diary and caused a great deal of hurt to many people that I cared about and despite seeing the hurt I caused never tried to really change that bad side of me.

Having met Petra nearly 9 years ago I got taught the value of money again but still punted off to what many would be life changing amounts of money without causing much hurt to myself or our life but with all the changes in our life and what I would love to do going forward in the future coupled with the fact that at 40 years of age I felt I should grow up a bit.

So that meant realising that I never expected to make a living out of punting in any way shape or form and that most of the time apart from betting with Dubai where with this trust that gamblers have amongst each other I would have a balance with him that was never past me owing a couple of hundred and him holding amounts of a couple of grand from time to time that I would then use for entry into Poker tournaments or holidays etc etc but yet all the time I was winning with the selections I sent him, I would be losing as a punter bettng events just so I could watch something at night or just cos I popped into the bookies on the way back from grabbing some lunch.

I'm sure many people can just have a little punt whether it be a £1 lucky 15 from time to time or a £10 ice cream acca on the football on a Saturday but I am one of those with a very addictive personality so tend to take things to the extreme so I didnt ever see the time where I would be happy just having a fun bet with little or no expectation of a return and due to my personality I am so glad that I have never touched a drug in my life or I think I could have been in big trouble.

Over the past 3 weeks I think I have really had for me what is my lightbulb moment and have now not had a single bet during that time which is probably the longest I have ever been in the past 20 years and it is all down to George Oliver!!

If anyone reading this ever thought they had a problem of some sort I can thoroughly recommend Hynotherapy as worth a go as for someone who is generally sceptical about most things in life I went into my first few sessions with zero expectation that it may work for me.

The first few sessions would start with some kind of word association that I guess meant George got some information from that he could use or build a picture of how my mind works and then over to "the chair" I would go and having started by making sure my breathing is deep and from the belly he would work on getting me to concentrate my muscles from the top of my head working down the body to my feet at which point my body is completely relaxed and he then gets me to paint a picture of a place in my head that starts with 10 marble steps down to a sunny garden with a chair for me.

As we walk down each step I get into my hyposis state, now whether I am actually hynotized or am basically completely relaxed in the knowledge that no-one needs me for the next 40 minutes and nothing can happen to alter this state who knows but it is a completely relaxed state that I am left in at which point for the first few weeks he would try and take me back to the first time I can remember gambling being in my life which was as a 10 year old we would drive from Walsall across to mid wales normally Tywyn or Aberdovey ( a journey which I retraced with Petra and Max when he was a year old to see how the place had change) and at Woodlands Caravan park I would spend my money on the fruit machines with my favourites being the ones that had random nudges and 3 bells being a jackpot but normally meant I blew my money trying to impress some girl whilst my younger brother played asteroids or pac man.

Every now and again George would tell me to park that thought and talk about the next thing that came into my head and I guess he was looking for triggers that would make me want to bet or events in my life that made me use it as a way out.  The past 2 weeks he has started to work on my subconscious mind and I suppose re-programme it and as I said a few posts ago for the past 3 weeks a picture springs into my mind every time I feel like having a punt and then since last week where I vaguely remember him telling my subconscious that gambling was not the way forward for me, I really seem to have a different mindset.

I realise that I am likely to make way more money doing other things in my life than I ever could punting as although I win with Dubai it will never be at amounts I could ever live off and never in units I would want to bet more than (happy with £100-£300) but on selective markets so have decided its not worth wasting my time on this stuff and to plough my efforts into stuff that will have a long term affect to the good for me and the family like the businesses and hopefully I will get the same buzz from these as I used to from gambling.

FML really sounds like I'm getting old!!

It also means I can go into poker events without a care as to the result as I wont need to win to pay back what I may have lost over the past week and can sit down at the table in a completely relaxed state so I will be interested to see if this has an effect on my game over the few live tournies that I play.

I would recommend anyone to try it as it has worked for me (so far) without dulling the fact I will still want to play poker 10-12 times per year which from the outset was one of the things I told George was important not to lose my competitiveness when I do turn up.

This new me will be at DTD this Friday so I look forward to seeing a few of you there....

Leatherman

View Profile
« Reply #3614 on: August 08, 2014, 12:10:29 AM »

Great stuff pal, all best for Friday.

Will try an catch up soon.

Satellite King
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 239 240 [241] 242 243 244 245 ... 291 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: