blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:07:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272478 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  "The Downswings of Property and Poker"
Pages: 1 ... 284 285 286 287 [288] 289 290 291 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "The Downswings of Property and Poker"  (Read 594903 times)
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #4305 on: May 18, 2016, 11:52:43 PM »

Congrats Rich!

#5 on that list is a common request from my gf!

Was the birth of Max more of a "standard" thing with just going to the hospital when Petra went into labour and the procedure for this one developed since you have experience of the situation?

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #4306 on: May 19, 2016, 03:41:31 AM »

Congrats son.  Only a degen like you could be going to DTD to play a monkey donkfest after a week like you have had !!  All the best.  Hope you get the nappies at dtd.  You are golden you will probably get the school fees for Eton at the same time!
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #4307 on: May 19, 2016, 09:15:59 AM »

Congrats Rich!

#5on that list is a common request from my gf

Was the birth of Max more of a "standard" thing with just going to the hospital when Petra went into labour and the procedure for this one developed since you have experience of the situation?
Only for you son 😂😂😂😂
So many other tap ins were available

With the other two they were also born at home and the only time we went to the hospital is the standard newborn checks they do a couple of days later or if you have any difficulties.  It is proven that the mums are more relaxed with a home birth as they are in their own environment, tear less and in our opinion you get more concentrated care as they are sat in your home not floating off to other patients etc.

Something your not telling us Fett?

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #4308 on: May 19, 2016, 09:17:41 AM »

Congrats son.  Only a degen like you could be going to DTD to play a monkey donkfest after a week like you have had !!  All the best.  Hope you get the nappies at dtd.  You are golden you will probably get the school fees for Eton at the same time!
Cheers Arb, stranger things have happened and you read about these golfers winning a week after their other halves have given birth as they are relaxed and in a good place so let's hope.....

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #4309 on: May 19, 2016, 09:30:09 AM »

Congrats Rich pleased everyones well

My son opens a shop in Hatton Garden this weekend

Got fed up hearing about run ins with the builders and designer, good luck sorting them

Thank f*k i live in the sticks, 8 mile round trip for newspaper and pint of milk
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #4310 on: May 19, 2016, 02:09:08 PM »

Congrats Rich!

#5on that list is a common request from my gf

Only for you son 😂😂😂😂
So many other tap ins were available

With the other two they were also born at home and the only time we went to the hospital is the standard newborn checks they do a couple of days later or if you have any difficulties.  It is proven that the mums are more relaxed with a home birth as they are in their own environment, tear less and in our opinion you get more concentrated care as they are sat in your home not floating off to other patients etc.

Something your not telling us Fett?
Not yet, see #5

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #4311 on: May 19, 2016, 04:05:32 PM »

Congratulations mate, I feel nervous just at the thought of it all. The birth sheet scares me a touch too I must say. Hope everyone is happy and healthy

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #4312 on: May 19, 2016, 04:10:27 PM »

Cheers Arb, stranger things have happened and you read about these golfers winning a week after their other halves have given birth as they are relaxed and in a good place so let's hope.....

Nappy factor it is called in the trade.  Much bigger effect when you have a boy, especially the first son.  Natural instinct is to want to provide for your son.  Gl son.  Golden fish like you don't need the nappy factor.  You are odds on to cash with betwilson.com.
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #4313 on: May 19, 2016, 04:51:00 PM »

Congrats Rich pleased everyones well

My son opens a shop in Hatton Garden this weekend

Got fed up hearing about run ins with the builders and designer, good luck sorting them

Thank f*k i live in the sticks, 8 mile round trip for newspaper and pint of milk
Thanks Trevor

Whats his shop going to be in Hatton Garden? Jewellery?

Luckily the designer and builder are both invested in the business in equity (subject to a few formalities) and they are both people who I know and trust, have met each other and we make a pretty good team so fingers crossed it's a smooth process.

I hope to see you over the weekend and when I get to your age  I hope to live in the sticks with a mile long drive too.

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #4314 on: May 19, 2016, 04:52:14 PM »

Congratulations mate, I feel nervous just at the thought of it all. The birth sheet scares me a touch too I must say. Hope everyone is happy and healthy
Cheers Adam, I am sure you will take to it like a duck to water mate as always seem pretty relaxed about stuff.

They are all doing really well thanks bud.

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #4315 on: May 19, 2016, 04:57:36 PM »

For those interested here is the photographers take on our birth story.

Was shared on FB today but if you dont have me here it is

http://www.heartsandflowersphotography.co.uk/birth-story/

This is a birth slideshow though so expect some actual birthing and some nudity (not me obv) and for me the moments where Ivy hugs Petra, The kids see Quinn for thr first time and Max cutting the cord are magical moments.

flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #4316 on: May 19, 2016, 06:00:24 PM »

Thanks for sharing Rich 

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #4317 on: June 11, 2016, 07:09:02 PM »

Loads to update on and been absolutely manic busy on the set up of our new venture and I am pleased to say that on Friday we finally completed on the premises in Chelmsford High St and the landlord kindly gave us permission to start work on Weds as the delays were on his side so we are now well underway with the 5 week build process.

I will post more about this in the next few days as the past 3 weeks in which 2 chance meetings led to some external investment that has enabled this project to get off the ground with a really good team of people from a diversity of fields as I will post about in the coming days.

Part of my research was visiting a company this week in Glasgow which turned out to be a great meeting as the owner who I didnt know was going to be there gave me 90 mins of his time and showed me around his operation plus I got chance to tie up with this guy
 Click to see full-size image.

As you will see Vinny doesnt really do salad, except in his nando's but by midday he had had 2 juices and by the time I flew back down south later that evening I had subjected his body to a further juice and superfood salad with a bit of rawnola.  Apparently by midnight he was a few pounds lighter!

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4318 on: June 11, 2016, 09:40:39 PM »

Haha, incred scenes Cheesy

Best of luck with the new venture, it sounds like it's kicking along nicely.

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #4319 on: June 12, 2016, 10:13:55 PM »

Haha, incred scenes Cheesy

Best of luck with the new venture, it sounds like it's kicking along nicely.
Cheers Marky

Well after my post about the council delaying the change of use decision I realised I was going into this project underfunded as all the various quotes came in so at that point there was myself and my designer who held 10% and then I was waiting for a final build quote to come in which between myself and the builder who refits coffee shops, kitchens and cafe we came to an equity arrangement in exchange for the build cost coming down it would still have left us on a bit of a shoestring budget until...

I managed to get a pass out to play the WPT and had arranged to meet Ryan Spittles for a pre comp Nando's before we played day1 and despite me travelling further with Ryan in bed 1 mile away at the hotel he was late and when I walked in I looked around and saw Wattsy and Chris Sly sat on a table of four so joined them and we started chatting as I waited for Ryan.

Chris told me that him and Trickett were in the process of looking for a venue to open up a juice bar and I couldnt believe it and being the helpful guy I am said what I had been upto over the past 6 months and I would gladly share my contacts with him and would email him on Saturday when back home and once I had finished day 1 I went to get his email addy from the high stakes room and was introduced to Sam and we chatted for a short while.

I emailed them the next day the plan with contents and really didnt expect anything further until I got a text from them to say they were in and wanted to shelve their plans and buy into this and inquired how much equity was free and after a few days where we met up on site I am please to say that they are now 28% shareholders in the company and whilst I know for them this is just a financial transaction with me unlikely to see them behind the counter ever they bring a lot of other stuff to the table.

I actually thought that was it until the day before I signed the lease I was walking from the solicitors and bumped into a really successful guy who has a recruitment company with over 50 staff working for him who I last saw 3 months earlier when he asked what I was up to and he said he would have loved to BAP but due to personal circumstances couldnt at that time.

3 months on and I told him the lease was signed and I had just tied up the last bit of equity in the company and he wanted in, to which I said there was no room but he badgered me and he actually brings a massive amount to the table in terms of ideas, contacts etc so it was a no brainer to open up a piece and within 48 hours I had seen what he will bring and how we will work together on what should now be a really fun journey with a lot of hard work but an amazing team to take this brand forwards hopefully which is

Me
Dwight the designer & architect etc
Mark on building refits etc
Chris and Sam  social media and contacts/ideas etc and intros into the poker/sporting world
Matthew on the business and contacts side

This also meant we start off the project on a better financial footing with over £200k raised and then on Friday we finally completed on this beautiful building at 1 High St, Chelmsford under a 9 year lease with a number of break clauses in our favor starting at year 2

which looked like this a couple of weeks ago

And on Thursday looked like this with the builders already under way just doing the ground work and a bit of dry lining etc before the major works start this week on a 4-5 week build before a couple of weeks staff training and a launch sometime towards the 3rd week of July give or take a week.

I will post updates on here as we grow through the build process but if you have not yet liked us on FB then please click here https://www.facebook.com/JuiceKitchenChelmsford/ and give us a thumbs up as every little helps, no matter where you may be in the world.

On the family front we had the birth photographer come back and do a few family photos whilst Petra's folks have been staying with us from Slovakia for the past 3 weeks and if you click on the link you will see the best of them which shows the new svelte me and my incredible family
http://heartsandflowersphotography.co.uk/blacklocks-family-shoot/

Pages: 1 ... 284 285 286 287 [288] 289 290 291 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: