blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:19:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  MMA Thread/Betting
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 ... 78 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MMA Thread/Betting  (Read 207545 times)
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #810 on: February 17, 2016, 05:16:25 PM »

No, old school DVD collection

Would expect Bisping / silva to be on BT

WARRRR BISPING!!!
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #811 on: February 19, 2016, 01:00:55 PM »

How bizarre that as I'm sat doing my write up of UFC 5 which includes the "Super Fight" between Royce Gracie and Ken Shamrock, that 21 years on, they're fighting tonight headlining Bellator 149. Hopefully this fight will be more entertaining than the anti-climactic 1995 meeting. Fortunately, there was plenty of other entertainment in the UFC 5 card, not least, Dan "The Beast" Severn dominating proceedings.

Full write up of the event here:
mmaflashback.com/2016/02/19/ufc-5-the-return-of-the-beast

please give the facebook page a like if you haven't already
www.facebook.com/mmaflashback
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #812 on: February 21, 2016, 04:23:21 PM »

Anyone catch the Kimbo v Dada5000 fight?  Possibly most embarrassing MMA fight ever.  I really hope the Kimbo experiment is over with.  His popularity and intrigue was as a youtube streetfighter with power crossing over to MMA to see if he could compete.  Hes been hammered by every remotely decent fighter, his skills are beginner level despite training at 1 of the best camps for the last few years, his cardio is awful, his ground game is embarrassing and Im pretty sure the Shamrock fight was fixed.  Surely there is nobody out there interested in actually seeing him fight any of these no-hopers now?

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #813 on: February 21, 2016, 04:32:02 PM »

Anyone catch the Kimbo v Dada5000 fight?  Possibly most embarrassing MMA fight ever.  I really hope the Kimbo experiment is over with.  His popularity and intrigue was as a youtube streetfighter with power crossing over to MMA to see if he could compete.  Hes been hammered by every remotely decent fighter, his skills are beginner level despite training at 1 of the best camps for the last few years, his cardio is awful, his ground game is embarrassing and Im pretty sure the Shamrock fight was fixed.  Surely there is nobody out there interested in actually seeing him fight any of these no-hopers now?

Yeah, watched it last night, the last 30 seconds was com.

It's all about the money, so if they can print on the back of him spazzing about in there, he'll fight again.

Like you say, embarrassing, but can't begrudge him nicking a few quid, if people are stupid enough to pay for tickets etc.

AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #814 on: February 21, 2016, 04:46:37 PM »

Watching it now. Very poor.
Not a single Heavyweight on the UFC rosta would have took more than a round to finish either Kimbo or Dada. Very embarrassing.

Don't begrudge Royce and Ken taking the money, but not very dignified. Walk away fellas. Don't believe it was fixed, but this is was not a good advert for MMA.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #815 on: February 21, 2016, 05:14:11 PM »

Not a single Heavyweight on the UFC rosta would have took more than a round to finish either Kimbo or Dada. Very embarrassing.

Don't begrudge Royce and Ken taking the money, but not very dignified. Walk away fellas. Don't believe it was fixed, but this is was not a good advert for MMA.

Strange really, as you'd imagine the Gracies are worth a fair bit, and Shamrock must have made a few quid when he was in the WWE...

Makes you wonder what they do with it?

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #816 on: February 21, 2016, 05:18:26 PM »

Strange really, as you'd imagine the Gracies are worth a fair bit, and Shamrock must have made a few quid when he was in the WWE...

I doubt Shamrock has made much from MMA though.

Also think Shamrock was paid to lose to Kimbo - how he didn't finish with that choke was very weird

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #817 on: February 21, 2016, 05:22:03 PM »

Yeah, he won't have made a great deal, which was why I was talking about WWE, where it seems the proper money is more widely spread.

Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #818 on: February 21, 2016, 11:40:39 PM »

I doubt Shamrock has made much from MMA though.

Also think Shamrock was paid to lose to Kimbo - how he didn't finish with that choke was very weird

Think I read not long ago that Shamrock was skint.  Also I just think its been something on his mind his whole career to get another shot at Gracie.

Agree Im pretty sure Shamrock V Kimbo was fixed, something like if you lose to Kimbo we will get you the Gracie fight.  Kimbos ground game is so terrible there is no way hes getting out when Shamrock has the RNC fully locked

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #819 on: February 22, 2016, 12:00:20 AM »

I remember Rogan saying that Shamrock was really pissed, because he and Schaub were talking about it being BS, in one of his podcasts.

He must have earnt well when with WWE, so I guess he had some life leaks, if he still wants to be rofling around in there at that age.

As for the UFC, pretty annoying that they're putting more cards on Sunday nights now, too.

I've got a gym session booked early(ish) tomorrow, and can't stay up until all hours waiting for Cowboy...

AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #820 on: February 22, 2016, 07:13:54 AM »

Sky+ and watch in batches through the week Smiley
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #821 on: February 22, 2016, 01:30:04 PM »

Sky+ and watch in batches through the week Smiley

Ha, I can never drag myself away, and I watch all my stuff in the office Grin

Just waiting to chuck my TV on the wall in there, and wire the satellite stuff in.

buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #822 on: February 22, 2016, 11:14:21 PM »

He wasn't in WWE for very long at all (probably no more than 2 years off the top of my head) and was never more than a midcarder so won't have been humongous wages.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #823 on: February 23, 2016, 01:58:09 AM »

He wasn't in WWE for very long at all (probably no more than 2 years off the top of my head) and was never more than a midcarder so won't have been humongous wages.

Nice one, cheers.

I remember reading about him fighting for one of the titles, so just gathered he'd have been nicking a decent amount from the WWE, compared to what I imagine they were getting way back then.

byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #824 on: February 23, 2016, 06:30:58 PM »

http://sport.bt.com/tv-guide-01363810618853

looks like fightpass only, dunno whether to sign up or hope to find a stream somewhere. frustrating
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 ... 78 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: