blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:42:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make thin ....Here we go again !
Pages: 1 ... 329 330 331 332 [333] 334 335 336 337 ... 341 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make thin ....Here we go again !  (Read 492318 times)
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #4980 on: August 30, 2015, 09:33:11 AM »

starting weight 18 stone 1 lb

week 1  17 stone 7 lb
week 2 17stone 3lb

loss this week 4lb

had a good week again, i have been eating well and went circuit training again.

couple of days i really wanted to cave but managed to overcome !

hoping i stick to it this time !

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #4981 on: August 30, 2015, 11:17:40 AM »

Do not hope. Simply remain disciplined.
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #4982 on: August 30, 2015, 06:03:52 PM »

starting weight 18 stone 1 lb

week 1  17 stone 7 lb
week 2 17stone 3lb

loss this week 4lb

had a good week again, i have been eating well and went circuit training again.

couple of days i really wanted to cave but managed to overcome !

Nice one Lee, keep going
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #4983 on: August 31, 2015, 03:12:03 PM »

Great work Lee but I have to echo Sean's sentiments about "hope"

Hoping to achieve something where you are the only person who has any influence over the outcome seems a tad weak.

Don't hope for it...... Just f**king do it!!

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
leethefish

View Profile
« Reply #4984 on: August 31, 2015, 03:28:27 PM »

Of course I agree with you both totally :-)

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #4985 on: September 03, 2015, 07:05:05 PM »

Been doing 3 miles discontinuous jog for occasional walking breathers, before a 5x hill sprint, then stretch off. Done it 4 days in a row and feeling fitter. I am waiting for a finger injury to properly heal before i get back on the weights as well. But I feel as if now I am comfortable working out at the level that is necessary and eventually working harder and before long I will hopefully be toned, ripped, and much more athletically effective.

Just got to keep it up.

The rule I am going by is I have to be doing something every day, even on a rest day, like stretching. Got to keep it ticking over, otherwise I am a complete liability.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #4986 on: September 03, 2015, 07:13:29 PM »

Ant

I'm in to an awesome stretching routine now and it's doing wonders for me. It's fast becoming an obsession and I could go on about it more than you go on about plants Cheesy

I was reading up the other day about some of the German Companies manufacturing plant based meat replacement products. Some of them look like they might actually taste like meat!! Have you come across these at all in the UK at a reasonable cost?

There was a grilled chicken one that looked like it would make quite a nice vindaloo......

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #4987 on: September 03, 2015, 07:54:13 PM »

Ant

I'm in to an awesome stretching routine now and it's doing wonders for me. It's fast becoming an obsession and I could go on about it more than you go on about plants Cheesy

I was reading up the other day about some of the German Companies manufacturing plant based meat replacement products. Some of them look like they might actually taste like meat!! Have you come across these at all in the UK at a reasonable cost?

There was a grilled chicken one that looked like it would make quite a nice vindaloo......

My stretching routine atm is 30 secs hold on most stretches available. Takes me ages but i feel great after.

On the fake meats. I think they will be great for those transitioning from meat, but I question their health especially as they are likely to have oils that no one should really be consuming. Without going off on one and I won't again on this thread unless seriously provoked lol, the closer you get to whole foods the better, with these artificial ones, they are likely to still be bad for you.

I think these synthetic meats are the future though as raising animals for meat is unsustainable and is the biggest contributor to CO2 emissions, being over double the effect of the emissions caused from every vehicle.

Back to the stretching routine. I find it amazing too. It really does make you feel outrageously more limber and you feel it immediately if you slack on the stretching for just one day.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #4988 on: September 03, 2015, 08:25:53 PM »

Ant

My stretching routine atm is 30 secs hold on most stretches available. Takes me ages but i feel great after.

On the fake meats. I think they will be great for those transitioning from meat, but I question their health especially as they are likely to have oils that no one should really be consuming. Without going off on one and I won't again on this thread unless seriously provoked lol, the closer you get to whole foods the better, with these artificial ones, they are likely to still be bad for you.

I think these synthetic meats are the future though as raising animals for meat is unsustainable and is the biggest contributor to CO2 emissions, being over double the effect of the emissions caused from every vehicle.

Back to the stretching routine. I find it amazing too. It really does make you feel outrageously more limber and you feel it immediately if you slack on the stretching for just one day.

Seems that way. The fact that it takes 22g of plant protein to feed a cow and produce 1g of beef protein (figures from memory so may be miles out but you get the drift) doesn't bode well at all.

The cows are eating all the plant protein just to supply us with burgers that we crave. Why not just eat the plant protein ourselves (and maybe share a bit with those folk in the poor countries) and then sack the cows?

Ethically it's just so wrong but unfortunately steak just tastes too good Sad

leethefish

View Profile
« Reply #4989 on: September 03, 2015, 09:03:37 PM »

Ant

Seems that way. The fact that it takes 22g of plant protein to feed a cow and produce 1g of beef protein (figures from memory so may be miles out but you get the drift) doesn't bode well at all.

The cows are eating all the plant protein just to supply us with burgers that we crave. Why not just eat the plant protein ourselves (and maybe share a bit with those folk in the poor countries) and then sack the cows?

Click to see full-size image.

www.ageuk.org.uk/

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4990 on: September 03, 2015, 09:21:10 PM »

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #4991 on: September 03, 2015, 09:25:57 PM »

fyp

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
leethefish

View Profile
« Reply #4992 on: September 03, 2015, 09:33:07 PM »

One was awesome 😋

www.ageuk.org.uk/

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #4993 on: September 04, 2015, 12:51:06 AM »

Ant

Again without kicking off and keeping it very small - I think it just takes about 2-6 weeks of eating just whole plant foods to feel so superb that the lure lessens considerably for meat/dairy.

Do you know a regular meat/dairy eater than gave it up for around a month, to replace it whole plant based foods?

I know of myself and my mother and we are laughing healthwise, and can't believe how great we feel and how the lure for meat and dairy is redundant. I just hope to convince people to jump on board for a trial to open their eyes. Then they decide for themselves to follow it partially, full on or not at all. Have a look at whole foods plant based that testemonials online and they all seem too good to be true.

I just hope eventually people won't make statements like they couldn't possibly do it without ever bloody trying it for a bit. It's all kinds of ridiculous to say I couldn't live without meat when you can and evidence says you often thrive more without it. It is basically talk from an addict, break the addiction for a while and then see imo. Very hard to with all the social engineering to buy meat dairy and processed food through adverts/marketing, upbringing and most telling of all availability (probably only 5% of what is offered in a supermarket complies with the diet).

However, grow a pair of balls (not to anyone in particular lol just a figure of speech) and commit about a month to something that could outrageously change your life and lifespan for that matter.

The emboldened failed.
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #4994 on: September 04, 2015, 02:39:38 AM »

No need to be apologetic Ant, i think it's great you're so passionate about this. In fact i've really enjoyed reading your posts on this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 329 330 331 332 [333] 334 335 336 337 ... 341 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: