blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:40:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 193 194 [195] 196 197 198 199 ... 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 960472 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2910 on: March 23, 2015, 03:03:46 PM »

Good stuff, and best of luck out there Fraser!

Alan, ordinarily I'd suggest checking out wsop.com for qualifying criteria for a poker rate but I would have to imagine that weekend is blacked out already due to the aforementioned EDC.  Probably still worth a look though.

Edit: out of curiosity I took a look myself.. $214/$389/$389 (and $214 on Day 4 if you need it)

Horrible rates for the Rio ordinarily, but that may or may not be competitive with what else you can find.

If you want to be close, I'd definitely do another 10 minutes walking per day, and save myself >$500 by staying at the Gold Coast.

Decent Chinese there, too...

scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #2911 on: March 24, 2015, 12:14:42 AM »

The Rio is a very big hotel and the walk from the Gold Coast to the WSOP room is roughly the same as from the main Rio hotel room tower to the WSOP room. All you have to so is cut thru a car park, across the road then you are right into the Rio...2 mins max then another 3 mins to the WSOP part.

Gold Coast is cheap, handy location, clean rooms. You do see a difference in the clientele/punters but if all you are gonna be doing is poker and them sleeping the Gold Coast is fine.  Would never recommend the Gold Coast if you was taking the wife!

Rio is nicer but not by much.  I think for $500 difference I'd go for the Gold Coast.

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2912 on: March 24, 2015, 01:54:56 AM »

Just got an email from lastminute.com.

Las Vegas is their 'destination of the week', and for one week they are doing 10% off selected Vegas hotels using the code BEST10 at the checkout. Had a quick look at the T's and C's and there didn't appear to be any date restrictions, just had to spend more than £100.

Fill your boots!

Best Bitter.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #2913 on: March 24, 2015, 09:39:48 AM »

Just got an email from lastminute.com.

Las Vegas is their 'destination of the week', and for one week they are doing 10% off selected Vegas hotels using the code BEST10 at the checkout. Had a quick look at the T's and C's and there didn't appear to be any date restrictions, just had to spend more than £100.

Fill your boots!

They are selling the wynn as part of their secret hotels.  I think they change around, but if it mentions a golf course and the strip you can be fairly sure you have the right one.  You can always check the number of reviews too.  Don't know how cheap it will make it in given weeks, as the wynn pricing has been particularly high this year.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #2914 on: March 24, 2015, 02:44:59 PM »

Does the Palms place price include Internet in the room for laptop/phone?

Does anyone know if the hotel prices in general include internet in the room or if we have to pay extra for it once we are there? 

Also are the resort fees not Included in any booking at all?  Trying to price stuff up and having a tought time trying to work out if I would need to pay for Internet on top and if the resort fee is included as nowhere seems to confirm or deny

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2915 on: March 24, 2015, 02:55:29 PM »

Every place I have stayed, the resort fee includes internet access, and usually gym access, too.

Almost all of the 3rd party sites tell you if there is anything to pay on arrival, and I'd say around 90% of the properties charge them now, so you'll be paying on top of the quoted price, if you book direct.

Low Cost USA does tell you if they're included, or to be charged at the hotel, when you book.

Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #2916 on: March 24, 2015, 07:52:02 PM »

Every place/method tells you what is included/added on afaics.

If you are booking direct, click through as if you are about to buy it (stop before entering CC details obv..) and it will add in whatever RF + tax to your total.  Lowcost tells you if included or not.  Obviously millions of 3rd party sites, but whichever ones I have ever looked at always tell you if you are paying your RF at time of booking, or whether there will be another charge made locally on top.

Every RF I have ever heard of includes gym (not spa) access, and wired/wifi internet.  They may or may not also include bottled water in the room, newspapers, pillow chocolates and a few other bits of crap that you didn't really want to pay $30 for, but they kindly added to your bill "for your convenience."  How inconvenient.

FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #2917 on: March 24, 2015, 09:52:52 PM »

Does the Palms place price include Internet in the room for laptop/phone?

Does anyone know if the hotel prices in general include internet in the room or if we have to pay extra for it once we are there?  

Also are the resort fees not Included in any booking at all?  Trying to price stuff up and having a tought time trying to work out if I would need to pay for Internet on top and if the resort fee is included as nowhere seems to confirm or deny

Paul...I was told Internet Access & Gym was included at Palms Place . I booked there with Low Cost USA

I'm lead to believe that tour operators generally dont include resort fees as its the local hotels responsibility to collect  and pass on to the US Government---  $22 per day
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #2918 on: March 24, 2015, 10:02:58 PM »

Low cost very good for having deals that include RF. Makes a difference nowadays as RF are easily $20+ per night plus tax.

Most other operators leave you to pay at the hotel, always checking on the Hotel website upto date RF rate too, as 3rd party sites often state a lower amount (think they forget to update the prices)
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #2919 on: March 25, 2015, 01:39:33 AM »

Hi , can someone post a link to where I get my ESTA visa for the USA  online . I remember reading there were a few that charge you but I think the official one is free.  Off to Vegas next Wednesday and needed to do one previously.
TIA

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
SteveF

View Profile
« Reply #2920 on: March 25, 2015, 02:04:47 AM »

Hi , can someone post a link to where I get my ESTA visa for the USA  online . I remember reading there were a few that charge you but I think the official one is free.  Off to Vegas next Wednesday and needed to do one previously.
TIA

This is the link to the official Homeland Security site for ESTAs https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/

It's never been free - think it's $14 or so. Rogue sites will likely be more and should be avoided.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 02:06:56 AM by SteveF » Logged
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #2921 on: March 25, 2015, 02:38:07 AM »

Hi , can someone post a link to where I get my ESTA visa for the USA  online . I remember reading there were a few that charge you but I think the official one is free.  Off to Vegas next Wednesday and needed to do one previously.
TIA

This is the link to the official Homeland Security site for ESTAs https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/

It's never been free - think it's $14 or so. Rogue sites will likely be more and should be avoided.

Thank you

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #2922 on: March 29, 2015, 06:37:35 PM »

best hotel to stay at vegas? looking to be in or around the rio

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2923 on: March 29, 2015, 06:44:22 PM »

If you want to be around the Rio, then I'd say Palms Place.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2924 on: March 29, 2015, 07:14:46 PM »

If you want to be around the Rio, then I'd say Palms Place.

....or The Rio.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 193 194 [195] 196 197 198 199 ... 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: