blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 06:57:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 209 210 [211] 212 213 214 215 ... 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 957594 times)
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #3150 on: May 26, 2015, 09:26:14 PM »

ESTA asks for Employment information now.

Any suggestions of the best way to complete this section if main income is poker for ten years? I've been grilled and searched twice before and want to avoid that if possible this time, not sure how to give a satisfactory answer to this section though.

Isn't it just a yes/no question? Answer no if that's the truth, better than making stuff up?

Probs the above
Had to do mine and my 8 year olds before going last month and just put no for his. Didn't have any problems
Pawprint

View Profile
« Reply #3151 on: May 26, 2015, 09:27:01 PM »

Any suggestions of the best way to complete this section if main income is poker for ten years? I've been grilled and searched twice before and want to avoid that if possible this time, not sure how to give a satisfactory answer to this section though.

Isn't it just a yes/no question? Answer no if that's the truth, better than making stuff up?

The question is what's your occupation and then goes on to ask who your employer is and the address of your employer.

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #3152 on: May 26, 2015, 09:56:12 PM »

The question is what's your occupation and then goes on to ask who your employer is and the address of your employer.

If you answer no, it doesn't ask for anymore information though and I suspect RobS isn't employed?

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #3153 on: May 26, 2015, 10:16:31 PM »

I've resolved to go to a magic show this year. I'm a big fan of magic, so I know the main acts: Penn & Teller, Copperfield, Angel, etc.

Has anyone got any recommendations? How long are the shows? Audience participation? Value for money?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #3154 on: May 26, 2015, 10:34:42 PM »

If you answer no, it doesn't ask for anymore information though and I suspect RobS isn't employed?

Yeah this, answer no and it goes to next Q
RobS

View Profile
« Reply #3155 on: May 26, 2015, 10:38:58 PM »

Thanks for responses. I should have been more specific. The question is 'Do you have a current or previous employer?'

The answer to this is yes as i have previously been employed 10 years ago lol.

Next question is 'Employer Name'. The ? next to this gives the following advice:

Enter the name of your current employer. If you are not currently employed, enter the name of your previous employer. Employer name is required to complete the application. You may also enter SELF-EMPLOYED, STUDENT, CHILD, HOMEMAKER, STAY-AT-HOME PARENT, or any other word to describe your employment status.

Whatever you enter here, it then asks you for address, phone number and job title.

I could put my previous employer ten years ago but that seems ludicrous.
I could put self-employed and then write gambler/poker? Seems like red flags?
I could put 'unemployed' as technically that is correct?

Also, next to 'Job Title' the help icon says

Enter the job title of your current or previous employment. Job title is optional to complete this application.

So I could write self-employed and leave Job Title blank. More red flags?
RobS

View Profile
« Reply #3156 on: May 26, 2015, 10:41:06 PM »

What a daft question. Do you have a current or previous employer?

Someone who has been playing poker since they were 16 could answer yes if they had a paper round and give the address of their local newsagent.
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #3157 on: May 26, 2015, 10:45:34 PM »

Put unemployed see what comes up.

When I renewed mine at first I was like WTF with all the new stuff, so much so I didn't complete it first time and checked I had the right site..lol

Did mine then did sons, couple of no job answers and it was fine.

See if it lets you move on, obv don't have to submit until fully completed, just a pain in the ass if you have to go back and re do
RobS

View Profile
« Reply #3158 on: May 26, 2015, 10:46:41 PM »

Someone who has been playing poker since they were 16 could answer yes if they had a paper round and give the address of their local newsagent.

https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/

Anyone can look at form here without completing it
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #3159 on: May 26, 2015, 11:10:30 PM »

I've resolved to go to a magic show this year. I'm a big fan of magic, so I know the main acts: Penn & Teller, Copperfield, Angel, etc.

Has anyone got any recommendations? How long are the shows? Audience participation? Value for money?

I personally didn't rate Penn and Teller, felt their show was very tired and they were cashing in their chips a bit, giving a "here's a trip down memory lane" (= here's all our old tricks for you) but others on here enjoyed it.  Angel, I spoke to someone that was involved in the production and they said he was a prize dick, very very arrogant and the show was just a terrible show.  Kind of surprised it is still running, but if you have to make any choices, drop this one.

Never seen Copperfield, did see Lance Burton (not sure if he still has a show) which was pretty decent (but then it was a free ticket...)

Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #3160 on: May 26, 2015, 11:12:33 PM »

Went to Penn and Teller years ago.  If you watch the tv shows you wont see any new tricks but I was a fan and enjoyed it anyway.  If you're not short of time it worth flicking in

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
pvas2

View Profile
« Reply #3161 on: May 26, 2015, 11:48:58 PM »

Went to Penn and Teller years ago.  If you watch the tv shows you wont see any new tricks but I was a fan and enjoyed it anyway.  If you're not short of time it worth flicking in

I saw Penn and Teller three years ago and was impressed. I had seen at least two of their tricks from television before but the rest was very entertaining too and found them funny. Then last year I saw them again but with my girlfriend this time and the show was 100% identical in every way, down to saying the same exact words as far as I could tell, which was obviously a big downer for me, especially since they promised that their show was changing "all the time". So only see them once (wow reading this I must be stupid to see the same show twice!).
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #3162 on: May 27, 2015, 12:40:59 AM »

I've seen several of the shows on numerous occasions.  Some of them are (were) so incredible to watch with so much going on that you can't possibly take everything in on one take.  2nd/3rd/4th time around you still see stuff happening that you missed previously.  And with free tickets easier to get than ever, it's a better evening than sat card dead for a couple of hours in a cash game....

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3163 on: May 27, 2015, 01:44:33 AM »

https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/

Anyone can look at form here without completing it

Surely they are looking for people who might try and work illegally here and not for poker players.  Saying you have been unemployed for 10 years seems the worst answer?  Think I'd go self employed poker player, though can't be sure it is right.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #3164 on: May 27, 2015, 07:14:43 AM »

I've seen several of the shows on numerous occasions.  Some of them are (were) so incredible to watch with so much going on that you can't possibly take everything in on one take.  2nd/3rd/4th time around you still see stuff happening that you missed previously.  And with free tickets easier to get than ever, it's a better evening than sat card dead for a couple of hours in a cash game....

Hi Simon,

Can you explain how free tickets are easier to get than ever?

Would be nice to see some free decent shows while there

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 209 210 [211] 212 213 214 215 ... 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: