blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:28:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 ... 297 298 299 300 [301] 302 303 304 305 ... 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 952386 times)
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #4500 on: December 23, 2017, 07:06:46 PM »

Virgin are selling Upper Class North American routes for £1150ish ex-Dublin for 2018 departures. Might be a good deal depending on your need for tier points, miles, comfort etc.
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #4501 on: December 23, 2017, 07:57:37 PM »

Bella Suite @ Venetian for £444 looks to be the best deal going.

Just make sure they put you in the main tower, and not the Venezia.

That does look like a good deal. Assume that website is excluding tax and resort fees?

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #4502 on: December 23, 2017, 07:58:27 PM »

Virgin are selling Upper Class North American routes for £1150ish ex-Dublin for 2018 departures. Might be a good deal depending on your need for tier points, miles, comfort etc.

Thanks Longines. Already got flights booked though.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4503 on: December 23, 2017, 08:03:46 PM »

Bella Suite @ Venetian for £444 looks to be the best deal going.

Just make sure they put you in the main tower, and not the Venezia.

That does look like a good deal. Assume that website is excluding tax and resort fees?

Includes tax, but not resort fees.

Super website, and who I used for Cosmo this summer.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4504 on: December 23, 2017, 10:53:12 PM »

Is that direct, or via Gatters, Grant?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #4505 on: December 23, 2017, 11:32:08 PM »

It’s Dublin-London-Vegas-London-Dublin.

By originating in Dublin you avoid paying the huge UK air passenger taxes.  You’ll need to get yourself to Dublin to take the first leg, you can’t just rock up in London and get on there. Not for everyone but if the extra tier points mean you make Gold and/or you fancy flying Upper for ~£1200 rather than the £2600 cost flying ex-London then it’s an option.

You’ll need to book via a 3rd party like Expedia as you can’t book ex-Dublin directly via Virgin.
Rotty

View Profile
« Reply #4506 on: December 27, 2017, 12:43:36 PM »

the last leg back to Dublin is usually easily avoidable

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4507 on: December 27, 2017, 12:51:43 PM »

"usually"?

I'd be mortified after an all night 10 hour flight from Vegas got to Gatters & then I had to fly to Dublin & back again.

Does the luggage definitely get released to the passengers who are booked though to Dublin?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #4508 on: December 27, 2017, 12:59:39 PM »

"usually"?

I'd be mortified after an all night 10 hour flight from Vegas got to Gatters & then I had to fly to Dublin & back again.

Does the luggage definitely get released to the passengers who are booked though to Dublin?

No, and this is why I only take hand luggage, to guarantee that I don't have to take the last leg.

It's risky ground if you have to take a suitcase. Staff at check in are well within their rights to check your luggage right through to your final destination, security and all that. There are a couple of things you can do to offset this; either have the Dublin flight going from a different London airport, so they have to release it. Or have a long, preferably overnight, delay before the Dublin flight, so you can argue you need your things.

Of course you can just ask nicely when checking your things in at Vegas, but if you get an agent who is unwilling to budge then your luggage, and you, are heading to Dublin.

Best Bitter.
Rotty

View Profile
« Reply #4509 on: December 27, 2017, 02:24:36 PM »

"usually"?

Book your main flight into LGW and your connection from LHR is safest method

RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #4510 on: January 02, 2018, 09:20:37 PM »

Got a pass from the Mrs to go to Vegas 10-21st June with a mate to play the Seniors.

I just found a 14 night deal staying at TI with direct Thomas Cook flights for £1037 each which looks an amazing price.

Struggling to get an 11 night deal Sun 10th returning Thurs 21st with direct flights for near that. Think flights screwing it up.

Flight/holiday packages look good value to me generally for these type of trips.

Any tips on getting a deal on a comparison site?
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4511 on: January 02, 2018, 09:28:44 PM »

Got a pass from the Mrs to go to Vegas 10-21st June with a mate to play the Seniors.

I just found a 14 night deal staying at TI with direct Thomas Cook flights for £1037 each which looks an amazing price.

Struggling to get an 11 night deal Sun 10th returning Thurs 21st with direct flights for near that. Think flights screwing it up.

Flight/holiday packages look good value to me generally for these type of trips.

That looks pretty good, for sure.

I just use Skyscanner, and the 3rd party sites. Takes a bit of legwork, but easy enough to spin through them and work out what's best.

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #4512 on: January 02, 2018, 10:00:38 PM »

I've not been for a while but I have always found it cheaper booking a package like that, especially if you have specific dates in mind.
I usually use expedia/ebookers via quidco for a bit of cashback
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #4513 on: January 08, 2018, 06:34:35 PM »

London to Vegas and return in November on Virgin from Gatters - £425 currently on Mondays and Wednesdays, <£460 Tuesdays and Thursdays.
smurf

View Profile
« Reply #4514 on: January 09, 2018, 06:48:12 PM »

Never been to Vegas before but after putting it off a few times and now recovered from illness that gave me a new look on life I’m looking at going this year...any advice appreciated

Looking to go 22-29th June to play either the monster stack and bounty and the Omaha hi/lo (definitely want to play this)

I am finding 7 day deals for flight and hotel for £900 upwards which I assume is a good price

What would be a half decent hotel  near the venues
Is it best to register the day before
Are there other tourneys (cheaper) if I bust out regularly played
Do they take any percentage of winnings off you (might as well be confident)
Is there plenty of choice for eateries (I have to be careful what I eat)
...and anything else a first timer would want to know

Pages: 1 ... 297 298 299 300 [301] 302 303 304 305 ... 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: