blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:02:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272477 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 ... 320 321 322 323 [324] 325 326 327 328 ... 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 952602 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4845 on: November 10, 2018, 03:44:40 PM »

I could use the old man's miles to upgrade at the airport.

Tell him to buy some more miles then!

Cheesy

Earache he'll get for that, even if he explains the value.

Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #4846 on: November 11, 2018, 11:56:15 AM »

Thought I'd do the maths for myself just to see how much worse things have got....

Assumptions... tax = £500  Flying off-season = 135k miles Upper return  (good for early WSOP) Starting miles balance = 0  Upper reward flight availability reasonable

Buy 100k miles for £1515 - receive 140k miles

Take a little bit off if you want to get 135k exactly, take some more off if you already have some miles, add a bit more on for the actual tax if it is £5xx.xx

Upper = c£2k
PE = c£960 (assume 43k miles *30% bonus and £300 tax)
Econ = c£590 (assume 25k miles *20% bonus and £200 tax)

For those doing other routes for £200, fair enough.  But for some doing other routes for c£500, then I would think this starts to bring direct back into play.  And as always, no need to pay > £2k for an Upper ticket, just check the availability of reward seats first Smiley

Rotty

View Profile
« Reply #4847 on: November 20, 2018, 12:20:31 AM »

not tried since they moved to LHR but upper rewards LGW to LAS were near impossible to get

Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #4848 on: November 20, 2018, 07:06:31 AM »

https://www.headforpoints.com/2018/11/19/amazon-25-discount/

Virgin Wines has launched a special Christmas offer for new customers, which also includes a free bottle of champagne and 3,000 Virgin Flying Club miles!

£65.88 gets you:

a 12-bottle mixed case
    a free bottle of champagne
    3,000 Virgin Flying Club miles
    free delivery

The only snag is that you get enrolled into Virgin Wines ‘Wine Bank’ scheme, and you will need to unsubscribe yourself if you don’t want to automatically receive more wine from them.  More details are here on the Virgin Wines website.

https://www.headforpoints.com/2018/11/16/get-20000-virgin-flying-club-miles-virgin-money-life-insurance/

Virgin Money has launched a new bonus miles offer with its life insurance policies.

Until 31st January 2019 Virgin Atlantic Flying Club members who take out a life insurance policy can receive up to 20,000 Flying Club miles.

The amount of Flying Club miles you will earn depends on the monthly premium.
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #4849 on: November 20, 2018, 03:49:07 PM »

not tried since they moved to LHR but upper rewards LGW to LAS were near impossible to get

I think this has been discussed before, but in my experience it has always been possible, you just have to put it in your daily routine to check a couple of times every day and things open up.  If you look once with exact dates in mind, chances are it's a "nah they don't have anything." On all my attempts, there has usually not been something there +/- 3 days first time I've looked, but in my experience the landscape does change if you check back often.  Last time it went from "Nothing for the whole month" to 2 seats available, which admittedly is unusual.

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #4850 on: November 22, 2018, 08:40:01 AM »

I think this has been discussed before, but in my experience it has always been possible, you just have to put it in your daily routine to check a couple of times every day and things open up.  If you look once with exact dates in mind, chances are it's a "nah they don't have anything." On all my attempts, there has usually not been something there +/- 3 days first time I've looked, but in my experience the landscape does change if you check back often.  Last time it went from "Nothing for the whole month" to 2 seats available, which admittedly is unusual.

You can go a little further than this, pretend to book an upper seat on the dates you can go through to seat selection. If there are lots of available seats it's likely reward seats will open up in the future. If there are only a couple left you probably need to change your dates.

Agree with Simon though, you can normally get what you want if your flexible and check twice a day.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #4851 on: November 22, 2018, 10:34:42 AM »

https://www.headforpoints.com/2018/11/22/british-airways-black-friday-club-world-2018-deal/

Between today and Monday 26th November, British Airways is selling two Club World seats to selected destinations for £2018.  That’s just £1009 return per person!

You cannot book for one person at these rates.  However, it does seem to work for three and other odd numbers.

The deal is only valid for selected destinations.  I was genuinely surprised to see Abu Dhabi as the Middle East is normally very busy over Christmas anyway.

Cities definitely included are:

Las Vegas
    New York
    Miami
    Denver
    Nashville
    Orlando
    Boston
    Toronto
    Montreal
    Vancouver
    Abu Dhabi
    Beijing
    Shanghai
    Seoul

…… and probably others we haven’t found yet.

The bad news is that travel dates are restricted.

Outbound flights must be between:

11th – 13th December

16th – 18th December

24th – 31st December

Return flights must be between:

24th December – 31st December

8th January – 10th January
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #4852 on: November 22, 2018, 07:21:20 PM »

Further to the above, I've seen BA are doing a week in Linq and return business class flights from London (Gatwick or Heathrow) for £1099pp. Think this was 17-24th December.

Other hotels/dates etc available but that was a lead in offer. Insane value when you consider how much a biz flight alone would generally set you back.

Best Bitter.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #4853 on: November 22, 2018, 10:33:24 PM »

Further to the above, I've seen BA are doing a week in Linq and return business class flights from London (Gatwick or Heathrow) for £1099pp. Think this was 17-24th December.

Other hotels/dates etc available but that was a lead in offer. Insane value when you consider how much a biz flight alone would generally set you back.

If you're flying business class and staying at the Linq, you should ask someone else to look after your money.

I think, without having to stay in the Linq, the cost of the flights is double.

Cheesy

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #4854 on: November 23, 2018, 08:09:10 AM »

If you're flying business class and staying at the Linq, you should ask someone else to look after your money.

I think, without having to stay in the Linq, the cost of the flights is double.

Cheesy

Nothing wrong with the Business Class / Linq combo Tal!

Just because you want a nice flight doesn't mean you can't appreciate a fun hotel!

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #4855 on: November 23, 2018, 11:02:18 AM »

How is premium with Norwegian? Anybody tried?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4856 on: November 23, 2018, 11:31:14 AM »

I have flown with Norweigan short haul.   Similar prices to Ryanair, but felt nicer.   You get wifi and you don't have to queue for an eternity and get your bags taken from you, or check the rules every 5 mins.

But, they have money issues, so you are gambling a bit.  I have a short haul flight booked for Feb with them, so am not masively concerned, but am still gambling a bit.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4857 on: November 23, 2018, 11:58:55 AM »

I have flown with Norweigan short haul.   Similar prices to Ryanair, but felt nicer.   You get wifi and you don't have to queue for an eternity and get your bags taken from you, or check the rules every 5 mins.

But, they have money issues, so you are gambling a bit.  I have a short haul flight booked for Feb with them, so am not masively concerned, but am still gambling a bit.

Thanks for this question.

I havd just read a few reviews of the premium seats and everyone was positive.   I dare say I wouldn't do 10 hours in economy with them.  It looks a good alternative to Virgin if you haven't got enough points.   I suspect the best alternative is a cashback credit card and pay Norweigan premium, but I am a bit late for that.   

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #4858 on: November 23, 2018, 07:23:16 PM »

Got a crazy deal through travelzoo. Flying 14-21st January. 4 nights in Vegas and 3 nights in New York with direct internal flights for £630 per person. Staying at the Linq and the Roosevelt. Pretty chuffed. Surprise Xmas present for the mrs so let’s hope she likes it 😂

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #4859 on: November 23, 2018, 07:50:33 PM »

Just playing around with some offer codes.... finding some offering Bellagio (may 26th-31st) for $59/night (+ RF obv...) At least that is a welcome sign of some returning rates long since forgotten.

Pages: 1 ... 320 321 322 323 [324] 325 326 327 328 ... 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: