blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 02:08:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273419 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  An Ape and a notebook, how long will it take?
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 234 235 [236] 237 238 239 240 ... 253 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An Ape and a notebook, how long will it take?  (Read 488686 times)
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #3525 on: May 12, 2013, 02:17:40 PM »

Tempted to go get some out and then use my SLR to get a few snaps..

Paul - mtg?

magic the gathering

Just me
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #3526 on: May 12, 2013, 02:31:57 PM »

Paul - mtg?

magic the gathering

Tiny tiny bit, little bit of Pokemon as well... Managed to get a complete collection of all the first 3 sets, then gave it to my bro in mint condition as a birthday present when he was younger.

Speaking of which, its his birthday today, ought to go say hello...

Even found Yugioh at one point too.....

Yourself?

paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #3527 on: May 12, 2013, 03:03:48 PM »

Paul - mtg?

magic the gathering

Tiny tiny bit, little bit of Pokemon as well... Managed to get a complete collection of all the first 3 sets, then gave it to my bro in mint condition as a birthday present when he was younger.

Yourself?

played quite a bit of mtg

played pokemon also but only played first set and jungle
I loved playing pokemon but its cards were abit cheesy
oaks, pokedex and bills were in every single deck

never got into yugioh

but I played alot of warhammer. even went to warhammer club
bloodbowl is my fav game tho sooooooooooo fun

Just me
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #3528 on: May 12, 2013, 03:18:04 PM »

Paul - mtg?

magic the gathering

Yourself?

played quite a bit of mtg

played pokemon also but only played first set and jungle
I loved playing pokemon but its cards were abit cheesy
oaks, pokedex and bills were in every single deck

never got into yugioh

but I played alot of warhammer. even went to warhammer club
bloodbowl is my fav game tho sooooooooooo fun

yeah bloodbowl is pretty sweet... so quick.

But just love the long, detailed and painful campaign that is a full out fantasy battle!

Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #3529 on: May 12, 2013, 05:21:12 PM »

I was a pokemon nutter, my cousin gave me his shiny charizard right in the middle of the whole craze thing and he was instantly the coolest guy in the world.

Hit the yu gi oh phase too, was actually the start of my thing about winning at card games, i got a bit of a reputation at (grammer, obvs) school for being pretty good at it.

Probably the best one though was the beyblades thing, the spinning tops that you could customise and "battle" with, that was a fun idea.

Dtd livestream yugioh HU challenge? Wink

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #3530 on: May 19, 2013, 08:33:49 PM »

I've been busy focussing on life stuff and grinding 50nl this week or so.

Both gone very well, little ups n downs in the poker but that's life.
I've managed to win a little over a small sample and have settled into the games pretty nicely.  Shared a few hh's with friends and some players i know that have either played at this level or still do.  Most of them have been received well, although the overall feeling is that some of the things I've done might not be big ++EV winning plays but shouldn't be -EV. It might be that some of them only win a little long term, or in some cases barely break even.

Best example of this was a hand when I raise/5bt shove button with AQo vs two regs in the blinds who 3bt and cold 4.  Clearly this can't be terrible maths wise vs reasonable ranges but the main point made to me is that vs some 50nl players, they could only have a value range when they cold 4bt which means that I don't get enough folds and clearly AQ doesn't play so well aipf vs just KK, AA and AK.

In this particular case, I've since played a few hands with both and believe it 'was ok'.  But I can't prove it.

Anyways, talked to Nicola at DTD and she helped me get my DTD500 seat I've now had for over a year online so I can use it for ISPT sats.  I had the £500 converted into a Day1 online ticket and some feeder sat tokens which is pretty sweet.
So I've played a few of the feeders tonight:

1st - 30th~ with 25 seats
Lost AJ vs 56o bvb for most of my stack.

2nd - 30th~ with 25 seats
Lost QQ vs AA to bust.
(the QQ hand could potentially be a fold... a relatively weak player with a big stack opened to 4x UTG+1 and we find QQ in the bb when we're sitting in the middle of the field with 10bb's.....Huh?)

3rd - 140th with 50 seats
Lost 66 vs Q9 bvb

I did have some rungood in some spots..

Won a flip or two for big pots and lost a couple for important chips.
Won A9o vs AK where we made a mistake and jammed UTG with about 10bb's. (thought i had less...but unsure where the 'line' is tbh)
Had some nice spots with AA where people went all in with pairs.... Cheesy we generally win those pots.

Made some very disciplined folds with marginal hands (AJ, KQ, small pairs) when in early position or when raise/folding... etc...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Had a strange spot in a WSOP ME super feeder - I played really well, ran good and had the CL for most of the tournament.. Got 4 handed (already 'won' my buyin back) and opened first 3 hands in a row with 'meh' holdings but on the third hand we've opened  and we have 6.5k, guy on our right has 5.2k and the other two have 2.4k ish...

We open to 500 (minr) again and fold, fold from the shortstacks... then the other bigstack makes it 1200.. We ship in all the beans knowing its tough for us to be crushed.. it makes no difference if i come 4th or 2nd and with position on him this could easily be him trying to make a stand after us opening 3 hands in a row.

So we quite quickly get it in and he tanks.... eventually he calls off with QQ (nice hand) and we flop a J, but do not manage to win this hand. It takes us down to not a lot and we make a small comeback but bust in fourth in a 60/40 in our favor. Sad

I guess the question here is do we ever fold AJ in this spot? I don't see calling pre being 'good' so I figure its a raise or fold only spot.
We have at least 30% vs a 'good' range and I have no reads on this guy.  This virtually gives me the $500 satellite seat that is the first place prize, and up till now I've been pretty 'nitty' only showing down nutted hands.  I know I would have had a tough time in the $500 but worth a shot.

I think I'm going to look into the smaller Vegas packages.... might be worth a 'shot'.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Playing another ISPT sat now, having fun.

Gf has made some bangers and mash n peas while I play and we have 'Rounders' in the dvd player for after dinner while I play my Day 1 online tonight.

gl me, hopefully I can run good in poker, just like I seem to in life, most of the time. Wink

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #3531 on: May 19, 2013, 08:44:08 PM »

No money in online poker - fact.

UTG open to 100, I 3bt button to 275 (playing 1650), blinds fold and he insta-calls.

FLOP

check, I cbet 305, call.

TURN

check, I shove 1300, snap.

He has  . Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

RIVER

I just loll'd while eating my dinner..... had to post this though.

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #3532 on: May 20, 2013, 12:12:25 AM »

So that's a shame..

Played really good in the ISPT tournament, really happy with my play all the way through.  Didn't spew a single chip, only had one semi-difficult pot.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Open A5cc utg, literally first light open all night... to 320, reraised to 720 by guy who covers, we both have 11k at 80/160.
fish in bb comes along with 4.5k,

we peel,

Flop
A48r (one club)

check, we check, cbet 60%pot, fold, we call

Turn
10o

we check, he bets 3.6k into 5.2k...

Huh??
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other than that I chipped up really nicely, barely getting to showdown more than a couple of times all tournament.

I isolated a weak player or two nicely and never put myself in any difficult spots, i was surprised one of them didn't blow up with the amount of pressure I put on him.

Ended up getting most of my stack in Co vs SB - AQ vs 77.

10 4 10     A  ........7.

That stung a little.

Then two hands later get the remainder in with AJ vs J10

8 x x     9    Q

Sigh........

Going to work on getting some more 300 tickets and give some more Day1 onlines a go.

Cheesy

gl us.

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #3533 on: May 20, 2013, 07:34:43 PM »

Well that's a shame...

think ive just played the 'best' cash game session of live poker ive ever played.

didn't put a foot out of line the entire 150mins, not one bad bet, call or raise.

managed to make hands I could value bet, often enough to make some money and announce my last orbit having won a respectable 250bb's.

Then unfortunately 'she' (poker) wasn't done with me yet.

Penultimate hand -
Open AK UTG+1 £7, call from tilted lady next to me... folds round to the now awake young french chap who sits with 450 (we cover)

He and I have recently tussled in a few spots having a little tumble over getting into pots with the weaker players.

I have 3bt/ folded to him and him to me.  With the lady next to me in the hand I know he's not worried about my UTG range as he knows he is the only person doing anything about it.

He makes it £26, and we're super happy about this.  Take a little time and make it £63 IP with 3.5-1 psr if he peels and we're not folding if he makes another bet.

The lady sighs (definitely genuine) and puts her 107~ in.

He quickly jams and we beat him into the pot.
(This guy isnt going to be jamming AA in this spot)

Im completely sure he's trying to use her as leverage vs me with Ax/ AQ/ KJ type hands.
I would estimate he has 10-JJ here <1%
Therefore he has QQ and hands we're crushing.

sweet.

He has AKcc.  Cool....

xxxcc xo xc.

That's a shame.  Really proud of myself... he was horrified and kept apologising..  the rest of the table proceeded to tell me different inaccurate numbers for how unlucky I was.

I just said - "that's a shame... still a winning session I think..." (by £15).

Never mind.

Off home for the dtd ispt sat's and an early night as these London mornings are tiring.

Smiley

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #3534 on: May 20, 2013, 08:07:41 PM »

Forgot to mention..

did my absolute upmost when in hands, not in hands and inbetween to talk to, listen to (key one john) and enjoy the players and the game for what it was.

I stayed on my table that had considerably less ££ on it compared to the one next to us for a few reasons.
- looked tougher
- did not seem like anyone was either enjoying themselves or trying to
- my poker friend 'fabio' (an elderly gent who would make TK look laggy) was next to me and enjoyed chatting to him
- my table had people who wouldnt fold and trying to not bluff at all in the session (for more than 10bb's) is an exercise ive set myself at the advice of a friend.

just really happy with attitude, behaviour, poker and mental game the whole way through.
Even had such a positive influence that a guy I sucked out on with KQ vs his QQ even apologised for getting mad at me 'earlier', when I left.
He even said "you took it better than I did... im sorry".

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #3535 on: May 20, 2013, 08:49:29 PM »

re: ISPT Sat

Lost QQ vs AA to bust.
(the QQ hand could potentially be a fold... a relatively weak player with a big stack opened to 4x UTG+1 and we find QQ in the bb when we're sitting in the middle of the field with 10bb's.....)

Playing this hand in a satellite with 5 lft to bust with 10 bbs is really bad sat play imho

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #3536 on: May 20, 2013, 08:54:18 PM »

re: ISPT Sat

Lost QQ vs AA to bust.
(the QQ hand could potentially be a fold... a relatively weak player with a big stack opened to 4x UTG+1 and we find QQ in the bb when we're sitting in the middle of the field with 10bb's.....)

Playing this hand in a satellite with 5 lft to bust with 10 bbs is really bad sat play imho

completely agree...

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #3537 on: May 20, 2013, 10:37:47 PM »

For no other reason  than to ensure this gets out as wide as possible.

Great article, thanks for the link Matt.

dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #3538 on: May 21, 2013, 10:29:03 AM »

John u were on my right last night in the dtd sat, I knocked u out when u had 22, I had the mighty J8, other guy had Q10. I got there with a 4 card straight lol, think I had to call, was in bb for 4k had 1800 back, I'm all in automatically next hand and not gtd to get a seat, what do u think?
VBlue

View Profile
« Reply #3539 on: May 21, 2013, 10:54:24 AM »

John, I always look in here but must confess I skip hand histories in the main in diaries.

Your last post is superb though.  What is it for you that has turned around your mental game?  I believe from the tone, and from memory, that you have not always been so gracious in defeat, and had some other obvious mental game leaks.  I hope that is correct.
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 234 235 [236] 237 238 239 240 ... 253 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: