blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 09:32:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272718 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  An Ape and a notebook, how long will it take?
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 237 238 [239] 240 241 242 243 ... 253 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An Ape and a notebook, how long will it take?  (Read 483687 times)
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #3570 on: May 28, 2013, 08:20:39 PM »

I just played a decent sample of 100 and even some 50 will explain why later but I'm 99% sure the he's way is to play 34 26 12 they call a lot of 3bets and fold a lot post flop.

Tight will probably not be right.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #3571 on: May 28, 2013, 09:11:03 PM »

I just played a decent sample of 100 and even some 50 will explain why later but I'm 99% sure the he's way is to play 34 26 12 they call a lot of 3bets and fold a lot post flop.

Tight will probably not be right.

intrigued...

LonOhRay

View Profile
« Reply #3572 on: May 28, 2013, 11:13:18 PM »

Hahahaha lets gooooooooo
Vinodh

View Profile
« Reply #3573 on: May 29, 2013, 12:36:48 PM »

Got a ticket in the 3r from today, but busted the 30fo pretty early rejamming K9 bvb into KK....

did not get a sweat.

Finding 50nl to be pretty nitty, even in pretty sick obvious spots where they should be 'light'.

Lost a bit last few days, need to go back over them... most has been with decent value hands.  I guess I just ran into the top of peoples ranges a lot.  But I'll go through some hands and try to work out ranges.

Little frustrating as I feel like I'm playing tighter and more cautious than ever.

Hi John, I haven't posted much on here, even though I am an enthusiastic follower of your dairy! I do play quite a lot of sats in DTD online. Even though there is no right/ wrong way in how to play, from my personal view based on the amount of sats I have played, I would still say playing tighter atleast for 2/3 levels initially is the correct way. I was on your table yesterday and I felt ( again, just my feeling!) that you get frustrated so quickly and throw away the hard earned ticket that 30 Euro sat. Please do not take this as a criticism, as I am not even qualified to do that. I am more of a rec player and don't even put the effort and hard work that you put on improving your skills. This was just more an observation!
Good Luck in qualfying mate.

PS: I have already done 2 bullets in day1s. One more to go. See you in the 30 Euros tonight if you are playing Smiley
Tommy Bingham

View Profile
« Reply #3574 on: May 29, 2013, 12:44:24 PM »

Got a ticket in the 3r from today, but busted the 30fo pretty early rejamming K9 bvb into KK....

did not get a sweat.

Finding 50nl to be pretty nitty, even in pretty sick obvious spots where they should be 'light'.

Lost a bit last few days, need to go back over them... most has been with decent value hands.  I guess I just ran into the top of peoples ranges a lot.  But I'll go through some hands and try to work out ranges.

Little frustrating as I feel like I'm playing tighter and more cautious than ever.

Hi John, I haven't posted much on here, even though I am an enthusiastic follower of your dairy! I do play quite a lot of sats in DTD online. Even though there is no right/ wrong way in how to play, from my personal view based on the amount of sats I have played, I would still say playing tighter atleast for 2/3 levels initially is the correct way. I was on your table yesterday and I felt ( again, just my feeling!) that you get frustrated so quickly and throw away the hard earned ticket that 30 Euro sat. Please do not take this as a criticism, as I am not even qualified to do that. I am more of a rec player and don't even put the effort and hard work that you put on improving your skills. This was just more an observation!
Good Luck in qualfying mate.

PS: I have already done 2 bullets in day1s. One more to go. See you in the 30 Euros tonight if you are playing Smiley

The Satellite King has spoken. Fold, Fold, Fold in these sats. Smiley

Never folding... Bros just coming at us. We have a pair, if we're beat, we can always flop a set.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #3575 on: May 29, 2013, 01:26:16 PM »

I'm not sure that Vinodh knows where the fold button is.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Vinodh

View Profile
« Reply #3576 on: May 29, 2013, 01:37:41 PM »

LOL David. Have changed my game quite a lot since you last logged in Smiley
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #3577 on: May 29, 2013, 06:00:43 PM »

LOL David. Have changed my game quite a lot since you last logged in Smiley

You're right sir, last night was however the first time out of 4 or 5 of these I have bust anywhere other than the 10 spaces of the 'bubble'.

If I remember correctly I jammed K9 over a 'regs' sb open into my bb and he had dem Kings...

I can't speak for this specific reg, but I know a lot of the regular players in these satellites will be raising too much there.  In which case K9 becomes a pretty happy all in with only 10 or so bb's.

I've actually had a bit of a rough time with these 30fo sats, bubbling all but last nights so far.  Most have been either flips or 80/20's in my favor which is a little bit of a shame, but the worst was when I had a top10 stack and somehow every single player bubbled until I folded myself down to the bottom spots, then I lost my own 60/40 with Q10. Sad

I appreciate the comments and please feel free to comment in here, good and bad - as long as its put constructively I do my best to listen.

We're going for it again tonight on the ISPT sats, and I think I'll be putting up a bullet for tonight no matter what happens in the 30fo.

Currently 5/23 in the first 3r so should have a seat in the 30 for 'cheeeep'.

Lets see how this goes.

QJ otb with 4bb's..... gl us.

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #3578 on: May 29, 2013, 06:12:23 PM »

folded our way to a seat in tonight's 30fo.

Guess we'd better focus and make sure we don't slip up in today's.  Let's not bubble this one...

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #3579 on: May 29, 2013, 06:12:44 PM »

If you have 4 bbs otb with 3 to go to a seat you should timebank fold everything! ...just sayin' Smiley

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #3580 on: May 29, 2013, 06:13:22 PM »

Oh you have Smiley well done and gl tonight!

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #3581 on: May 29, 2013, 07:05:14 PM »

Oh you have Smiley well done and gl tonight!

yeah realised that two seconds after posting....

we're 'locked' why would we consider doing anything? lol

so we didnt.

and got a seat! Cheesy

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #3582 on: May 29, 2013, 08:45:04 PM »

Well that sucks...

Played really well in the 30fo... only had one sticky spot where we open a pair, get peeled by someone who I 'thought' had been playing ok.

Qxx,

We check, he checks..  - ok his range his sets, weak Q's and worse one pair hands..

K

We lead small-ish, setting up nice river sizing for his stack if we brick, he calls.

A

We set him in and he snaps....

omfg.  - J10 anyone? anyone have any Jacks and Tens? Offsuiteds? Yes pls.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well that was a shame.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have some left and ninja our 3k up to 21k then keep going, doing some holds in 60/40 and a 70/30 for two doubles...

Then with 11bb's we jam button with  with a 3bb shortie in the SB, I thought this particular shortstack would be calling off much worse than he should and its a great spot to pick up another 6bb's.

He calls and then the BB (we cover) snaps with  ..... OMFG! WTF?! DFGTGFGJDFLGJDSL!!!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Well this sucks...

Need a Q bro.

Need a hold bro.

Well that would've been us locked... thanks to xxxx for not only finding a call when he probably shouldnt risk his stack, but also then gets a rebink and chats his little head off like a real pro. 

#classy
#steponalego

paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #3583 on: May 29, 2013, 09:08:38 PM »

Well that sucks...

Played really well in the 30fo... only had one sticky spot where we open a pair, get peeled by someone who I 'thought' had been playing ok.

Qxx,

We check, he checks..  - ok his range his sets, weak Q's and worse one pair hands..

K

We lead small-ish, setting up nice river sizing for his stack if we brick, he
A

How do you put him on that range when he has only called and checked on a dry? board?

Also what pair did u have

Just me
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #3584 on: May 29, 2013, 10:56:25 PM »

Well that sucks...

Qxx,

K

We lead small-ish, setting up nice river sizing for his stack if we brick, he
A

How do you put him on that range when he has only called and checked on a dry? board?

Also what pair did u have

Unsure if just trolling every post I make today? Or if I'm just being paranoid?

It's a range I put someone on in this situation in this population as the majority of the hands he will do 'this' with....

Makes sense for most people to bet Qx here when they've called a UTG raise and been checked to in a tournament.  In a cash game I will regularly see someone check AQ on this board for pot control, which is again fine - but should struggle to call two big bullets ott and river if so.

What range would you think he has when he calls a UTG raise from a 'tight' player (played only a couple of hands in a few levels) and then checks this flop?

Clearly from the J10o he does turn up here with he has a lot of **** when he checks back flop, even if he somehow has Kx ott... he will be folding river almost always for his tournament life here.

We had 77 which is the bottom of our range preflop, but with his pre and flop action I think it is going to be more profitable to bet and shove good turn + rivers than to try and get value on QxxK.

agree/ disagree?

Pages: 1 ... 235 236 237 238 [239] 240 241 242 243 ... 253 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: