blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:31:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272582 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  An Ape and a notebook, how long will it take?
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 245 246 [247] 248 249 250 251 ... 253 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An Ape and a notebook, how long will it take?  (Read 479728 times)
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #3690 on: August 13, 2013, 09:50:32 PM »

3rd and 4th

Relatively mundane hands but I do like that I used my overly aggressive (sometimes) reputation to get two full stacks, even if it was with AA.

We find AA with a raise and two calls before me, and do something a little unusual... just call.

This was a tarp designed to entrap a particularly tilted player who had been rather unfortunate up until this point having lost a few big pots in a row - some with the best hand, some strong draws.
A call behind and then the button takes off as we hoped, he makes it £19 to go playing 180 or so.
A cold call from a particularly stubborn livepro, and folds round to me and I make it £60.

The tilted player does take off and shoves, livepro folding and we snap, suprised to see as strong a hand as TT's.

Run it three times and dodge an oesd to take them all down.

Limping with AA isn't a standard move of mine by any means and clearly he had a stronger than expected hand to 'take off' with; however we would never have gotten it all if I had made it 15 to go myself.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

We find AA again in the SB and the livepro from earlier is reeling from a few losses as well, happens to have the 3rd straddle on for £8.  I make it 28 to go and he comes along.

Flop
10xxr

I would cbet this board almost always with my whole range, he is playing around 160 which makes for very awkward stack size for him to raise flop - he basically would have to shove 130ish over a cbet to win 70ish.  I don't think he is raising this flop much, if ever.

I bet 26 and he quickly calls, with no draws he likely has a pair 10 or less or gutty...

Turn
xo

With just over 100 behind and a pot of 90ish its an easy shove, snapped by him.

And we hold on a brick river.

The only reason we get it all here is the 8 straddle pre flop AND my awareness of realising I rep much wider by just bet/ shoving.  Clearly AA on 10xxx is a good hand, but I think in the past I might have checked the turn and bet river, possibly losing my customer on the way.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 09:53:09 PM by jgcblack » Logged

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #3691 on: August 13, 2013, 10:02:05 PM »

5th

Unfortunately we didn't win every hand we played....

However even with the failure of this hand, I still, at the moment, quite like it as a bluff.

We check our option in the SB with 74o

Flop
J45r

We lead into 4 people and only get a caller from the BB (folded KQss earlier).

Turn
8o

We lead again with a plan to bet most if not all rivers that aren't a J.
I expect by the river for him to be folding <J10 and possibly a little better.  We can obviously improve and will also obviously be giving up to aggression.

Bet again and a pretty swift call.

River

9o

Pretty safe river imo.. he doesn't have many very strong hands, and so I continue for a large pot sized bet.

He quickly calls and tables 67, sigh.

Smiley

We chatted about it after and he thought he likely would fold <AJ and wouldn't love the weaker two pair hands.
Having a 7 wasnt enough this time....

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #3692 on: August 13, 2013, 10:04:00 PM »

Why would we lead into 4 peeps?

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #3693 on: August 13, 2013, 10:08:47 PM »

We cant profitably check call - tick
We can improve on any <8 turn and can credibly rep some strong hands... - tick
A Jxx board wont hit the OR particularly hard, with the caller behind being pretty capped - tick
We've been running over the table and thought it a good spot to get ool - tick

= a chk fold most of the time, but any time we decide to continue on this texture with this hand I favour a donk.

thoughts?

edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #3694 on: August 13, 2013, 10:18:02 PM »

Thoughts?

Nein, nein, nein, nein, nein und eine laszte NEIN.

How much is in the pot? About £5? You really don't need/want to be 'battling' over it.

Allez!!
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #3695 on: August 13, 2013, 10:21:26 PM »

6th

One hand we've missed in between the sets and the AA hands.

We find K10o behind an open from an older, rather weak player - get a call behind and a call oop from the livepro.

Flop
AK10hh

OR continues for a small cbet, we raise to 30 to isolate and take the initiative.. expecting him to have Ax a lot when he continues.  I'm fairly sure he thinks I'm quite ool (no idea why Grin).

We get a cold call behind (can be an optimistic Ax/ fd's) and then see the live pro shove for around 140 over the 80 or so in the pot.  The OR quickly folds and I'm stuck in a quandry.

I know that the livepro isnt nutty but I also know he can see me as folding here a high %. Expecting me to have AND fold AQ etc a high % of the time here.  It is tough to have me crushed considering he probably doesn't flat AK much if at all vs 4 players oop.
I suspect he is a little tilted after losing some annoying pots but he will likely at worst have a fd.

I decide that vs him in particular I should be +ev here but dont expect it to be bucketfuls.
Then the cold caller snap comes along and im a little worried.

Im vs
54hh livepro
Q2hh behind

So we run it three times which should effectively mean I freeroll them both.

I win two and take a sizable pot.  I definitely think in the past I might have folded here more than I 'should', but I do better understand equities and once ive made it 30, I think calling the extra 110 is rather trivial without significant reason not to.

thoughts?

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #3696 on: August 13, 2013, 10:22:08 PM »

Thoughts?

How much is in the pot? About £5? You really don't need/want to be 'battling' over it.

agree...

do we ever lead here? If so, with what??

edgascoigne

View Profile
« Reply #3697 on: August 13, 2013, 10:28:37 PM »

Thoughts?

agree...

do we ever lead here? If so, with what??

Optional, but if you want to lead some hands I would go for J4/J5/45/67/36(/A3bdnfd)...something like that.

Allez!!
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #3698 on: August 13, 2013, 10:32:25 PM »

We can improve on any <8 turn and can credibly rep some strong hands... - CROSS We don't improve on deuces and I'm not sure a 3/8 count for that much, we can credibly rep j4/j5/45/44/55 but so can one of the other 5 (BB) and repping things 5 ways is a big ask, especially in a live game.
A Jxx board wont hit the OR particularly hard, with the caller behind being pretty capped - CROSS There is no OR I hope, we checked SB amirite?
We've been running over the table and thought it a good spot to get ool - CROSS So your winning every pot, feeling good and decide to unload the clip in a limped pot with bottom pair because....?

thoughts?
I know what you mean, we can't check/call and we have some equity and improvement but there is a very small plus side and a very large negative side, especially when we already have good momentum and feel good. I'm trying to express this without sounding like a twat, but when its going well we really want to avoid anything that can affect our mindset and therefore ev. Donking 47 on j45 isn't v.profitable.

I'd only be leading strong hands here, maybe 67 or 36 too. 23 quite good to let it check/round cos people play ace xs poorly etc.

edgascoigne

View Profile
« Reply #3699 on: August 13, 2013, 10:36:08 PM »

We can improve on any <8 turn and can credibly rep some strong hands... - CROSS We don't improve on deuces and I'm not sure a 3/8 count for that much, we can credibly rep j4/j5/45/44/55 but so can one of the other 5 (BB) and repping things 5 ways is a big ask, especially in a live game.
A Jxx board wont hit the OR particularly hard, with the caller behind being pretty capped - CROSS There is no OR I hope, we checked SB amirite?
We've been running over the table and thought it a good spot to get ool - CROSS So your winning every pot, feeling good and decide to unload the clip in a limped pot with bottom pair because....?

thoughts?
I know what you mean, we can't check/call and we have some equity and improvement but there is a very small plus side and a very large negative side, especially when we already have good momentum and feel good. I'm trying to express this without sounding like a twat, but when its going well we really want to avoid anything that can affect our mindset and therefore ev. Donking 47 on j45 isn't v.profitable.

I'd only be leading strong hands here, maybe 67 or 36 too. 23 quite good to let it check/round cos people play ace xs poorly etc.

Do you think we'd play this spot similarly? Wink (see my post above!!)

Allez!!
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #3700 on: August 13, 2013, 10:44:03 PM »

thoughts?

Your far too adventurous for my liking, backdoor flushdraw! You know having a suit is only worth 2% right? Can't even imagine bdfd equity  Roll Eyes

Btw, that meme is called the Philosoraptor. That makes me very happy.

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #3701 on: August 13, 2013, 10:58:03 PM »

7, 8, 9....

These are tied together as they all impact each other and the perception of where I'm at from the other players point of view.

We find Q10dd in the straddle and see a weak reg I know well open the button.  He's rather tight, coming from an omaha background and has a history of poor valuebetting, slowrolling and nitfolding in nlhe.

He has been paid off and managed to build a stack despite being tight and mostly 'having it'.

I feel that I will make much better decisions postflop when deep and know that threatening his stack will often illicit folds that I wouldn't get elsewhere.

I elect to 3bt taking the pot hu and initiative when oop, he calls as expected.

Flop
Jxxdd

and we find a particularly good flop to continue on.  We cbet and he really quickly calls....
I take the nutted hands out of his range, reducing AA and KK combos by a % and look to a favourable turn card.

Turn
Ah

possibly the worst card as I think a lot of his flop air calls are AK/ AQ/ A10 type hands.  I now know I have to either go for two big barells or to bet here and giveup on poor rivers.  We clearly have a significant amount of outs and I believe all will be winners most of the time.

I bet 70% pot, enough to justify a large value bet when we do improve and starting already to make him realise I will be threatening his stack on the river.

He takes a few seconds, genuinely thinking and calls... (he did hit this A then)

River
Xo

sigh shame sigh...

Im around 50/50 that he folds if I make a large river bet..  however I have seen him tank call really obvious spots in the past.  I know he thinks I'm an 'ok' player but not sure if he can fold to me yet so I giveup and check.

He snap checks back AK and I think we were getting called - nice brakes John.

We have a very similar hand vs the guy on our direct right where we 3bt pre and double barrel K10 on Jxxx because I didnt think he would call twice without a pair...

I shutdown on a brick and he tables A10. :O
#nicereadjb
So decide that I will be isolating him very often but wont get the 6 shooter out every hand.

This hand is the culmination of the previous two and comes from a speculative preflop place to end with some fun.

Nitguy limps and guy next to us limps, were in the CO with (oh that old monster) and isolate them with a raise.

btn folds, blinds too and straddle comes along.  Mr Nit folds and Mr other guy comes along (perfect) and we see an Axxss flop.... hmmm nice!

Check, check and I cbet a little bigger than normal... im not too worried about them having big A's, I can do and we have plenty if outs when called.
Call and call....

Relatively brick turn and I go again slightly larger than usual again... maximum fe while building a pot.

fold and call

River

BINGOOOOO!

Now we've built a pot of 140ish and he checks again...

Although I'm certain I'm over thinking this, I take a while to concoct my sizing and just before I stop myself doing something that I've noticed is often for value when making big bets by a lot of players.

Then I do the opposite and make the bet - £213.

Its based partly on his stack size and trying to make the most of the crowbarring effect.  I'm quite happy his turn continuing range involves a lot of Ax and expect a decent call % irrelevant of my betsize because I anticipate him to think im just trying to bully him... esp as ive made more efforts than most to play hands with him and I was visibly frustrated at his previous calldown.

managed to make the most of a good hand as I did get a call.  Cheesy

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #3702 on: August 13, 2013, 10:59:54 PM »

thoughts?

ok, I can see why this might not be the best hand to donk..

only question is now, as played do we continue on turn and river? Esp considering our hand having a 7....??

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #3703 on: August 13, 2013, 11:23:42 PM »

This is merely a little bragging I think...

I didn't do anything special.

Call 99 pre.

Call cbet on 722 3 ways, call behind.

Bet on 6 turn get two callers.

River 9
Raise bet from OR and get a checkraise from behind....

62 does not win and the guy who had lost a lot of sick pots that night absolutely explodes.... even throwing the chips all over the table.

I was getting a lift with the guy who had the chips thrown over him so we just reached an amicable amount of which ones were mine and left him the rest, he might have had an extra 5 or 10£ but nothing worth worrying about or waiting for a cctv clip review.

must be nice......

managed to book a pretty large win and give myself a little roll to work with moving forward.

Smiley

#firststep

Ive managed to get a few Grand Prix golden tokens... and am looking forward to trying to merge stacks and make a David1303 like run at it!!!

Still cycling into work a couple of times a week... its fun but tough.
most frustrating part about cycling is that it never really gets easy, because when you become fitter or stronger to use a higher gear.... then you do and the resistance is upped to test you again.

I am however noticing a recognisable difference in my uphill performance.... mainly the ability to keep cycling up with some force instead of going into low gear and crying as I move at a meter a minute.

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #3704 on: August 15, 2013, 02:52:04 AM »

Oh nights with old friends....

spent the night talking, drinking and hanging with an old mate of mine..
the better part of a cosco pizza, 2 garlic breads, a 1.5 ltr bottle or smirnoff, 3 bottles of coke and a pack of wedges, 8ce cream and a cheesecake!!!

Hard life sometimes.....

Pages: 1 ... 243 244 245 246 [247] 248 249 250 251 ... 253 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: